Eucalyptus for biofuels or bioenergy?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
LMSV
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Eucalyptus for biofuels or bioenergy?

by LMSV » 04/06/04, 11:16

Hello,

I live in the North of Portugal which is a region where there are a lot of eucalyptus trees. This tree has the property to grow very quickly and to grow back on its own. It is the only tree that grows even after fire. I am looking for information for its use by biomass. I have already attached a few sites, but that still does not allow me to draw conclusions on a possible investment to produce electricity for my house, and also to use oil for diesel engines. Thank you if you have more knowledge on the subject.

http://www.intecon.com.au/pdf/Eucalypt% ... 0fuels.PDF

LMSV
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 04/06/04, 12:33

: Huh:
Hello,
I read the document to which you give the link, it seems to me that it can only be profitable on a large scale! there are also constraints to exploiting fields of trees, it must reduce its costs to a minimum.
;)
There are also solutions based on sunflower to make a biofuel ...
A+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
LMSV
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by LMSV » 04/06/04, 16:16

The advantage of eucalyptus compared to sunflower is that it grows on its own, without fat, without plowing, and that the collected plant mass is enormous. Now you have to see the qualities of the product. In one of the links it seems that the eucalyptus gives a good fuel in the same way as the orange tree, except that it does not grow at the same speed. It is true that the Australian study is a large-scale study, but I think that this must also be able to apply to smaller farms. It is true that in France there is practically no eucalyptus, and that it is difficult to represent this ability to "colonize".

See you soon
LMSV
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."