Oh my flare that your flame is beautiful!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 30/05/08, 17:51

Septic tank mode /
It must also be recognized that flaring on paper saves a lot of water ...
End of fashion
:D
(the one that is reinjected to put the black gold deposit back under pressure)

---

I remember near the Etang de Berre, west of Marseille, the torchieres that were burning, when there were only refineries.
Does it still exist?
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 31/05/08, 12:31

I remember near the Etang de Berre, west of Marseille, the torchieres that were burning, when there were only refineries.
Does it still exist?

Yes it still burns, well last year it was still the case.

You have to ask ex-océano, he lives there.

I suppose that in refinery processes, these flares are essential?

This gas could power vehicles and heat. What a waste and also what CO2 sent into the atmosphere for nothing.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 31/05/08, 20:23

Bonjour à tous

On the Lacq deposit (near Pau), there are far fewer lit flares than there were 20 or 30 years ago. I seem to have walked past a number of times and there was nothing burning.
Now that the site is almost exhausted, they want to fill the deep layers of the empty deposit with all kinds of filth of foul-smelling chemical waste .... hoping that we won't find them in the nearby Gave de Pau ... :frown:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"