Radiant heating and dual flow vmc

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
ganmat
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Radiant heating and dual flow vmc

by ganmat » 08/05/08, 00:13

I have a pretty green and pretty economical house project, I know I won't be perfect, but I'm making a lot of effort to succeed in combining the two.
I sailed a bit, I understood things and for my construction project, I need to understand others!
The architect offered me a mass stove and a double flow vmc, I would prefer solar by the floor ..... and .... eventually ... a vmc df. But I understood that the radiation from the floor or pdm worked without heating the air but the material, including humans; however then how, what heat can convey the vmc df, if the air is deprived of heat?
Similarly, I saw constructions with heated floors and a mezzanine to allow the heating of the floor, but how this radiant heat can heat the rooms of the floor, since the heat will stop on the ceiling or on the walls which, moreover, are often insulated phonic therefore also at least a little thermally?
I have heard that a Canadian well loses interest in a heated floor. Do you have an informed opinion on this subject?
These are my questions.
For more details, I will probably have a house with a consumption (heating) of 30 to 35kw / m2 / year, 30cm of vegetable insulation in the roof and 22cm in the walls (cellulose wadding and wood wool). A compact house (Pr North South 10m X East West 9m X Ha land sky 10m, with the garage), open to the south, on three levels including the attic. A roof with two slopes to the south to allow the possibility of solar thermal (60 °) and photovoltaic solar (30 °). The north will also be protected by a garage and attic on the garage, without any opening.
Thank you for allowing me to hold my eco / eco bet!
0 x
Interrogation point
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/05/08, 00:37

In a very well insulated house, the air is at the temperature of the rest of the house, it is not hotter. It therefore contains a certain number of calories, part of which (up to 90% say the manufacturers) will be recovered by the DF.

For the mass stove, I advise you to be careful, it is not suitable for all situations and very good pdM are horribly expensive.

By the way, in a house at a BBC level, you can very well do full solar and there, you win on all counts because you no longer use combustion as a heating mode and therefore you get rid of all the problems whatever the fuel used (and yes, even wood is not as "green" as it looks!)

For your heating, have you thought of radiant walls? It is a very efficient system (more than a floor) which also makes it possible to reduce inertia in the isolated volume.
For the management of the heating of the floor, no problem once the house is "in equilibrium". For the transitional phases, we open the doors!
The Canadian well is of interest all the time if it is "controllable" (manually or automatically) and especially if the ventilation of the house is strong (which is not always necessary, although regulated ... :frown: )

For your house, in a "favorable" climatic zone (H2 or more), you can even aim for less than 30 kWh / m2 / year if you also insulate the floor of the first living level.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

house heating

by tigrou_838 » 08/05/08, 10:54

hello Ganmat,

go take a look on the site, see my signature, it is complementary with econology, especially on heating and solar hot water, I think you will find a lot of answers to your questions.

tigrou : Mrgreen:
0 x
ganmat
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Floor / vmc

by ganmat » 08/05/08, 12:00

Thank you for these indications.
Tigger, I have not yet studied your link, I will see that later, the choice between the type of sensors in a second step.
Bucheron, I'm in the Alsace plain, so it's pretty cold. But if you think that the solar floor would be enough, is it with a vmc df or without?
With I imagine, to keep the heat during periods without sun ... I do not know if I will have confidence? I think I will then put a small wood stove to fill the gaps ... and reassure me!
I even wondered if passive solar would be enough with a vmc ??? And a small stove with of course! What do you think?
What do you call "house in balance"?
Heated walls?
I thought about it, but I don't know if it's easy to install, what wall surface compared to the floor space or the volume?
Do you know of sites or links dealing with heated walls?
Thank you very much!
Food
0 x
Interrogation point
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Floor / vmc

by Woodcutter » 15/05/08, 00:26

ganmat wrote:[...] Bucheron, I am in plain of Alsace, therefore it is rather cold. But if you think that the solar floor would be enough, is it with a vmc df or without?
It will mainly depend on the size (and technology) of your solar collectors ... The VMC DF allows you to limit the caloric losses of ventilation ... Have you planned a ventilation? It is not necessarily necessary with breathable walls ...

ganmat wrote:[...] With I imagine, to keep the heat during periods without sun ... I do not know if I will have confidence? I think I will then put a small wood stove to fill the gaps ... and reassure me!
Do you have any idea of ​​the maximum duration of periods without sun? Is there fog in winter?
You can actually provide a small wood stove to get through the difficult periods ... For the DHW, a resistance in a lifting tank will be necessary for "in case" but it only works normally for a few days / year if the solarist does its job well.

ganmat wrote:[...] I even wondered if the passive solar would be enough with a vmc ??? And a small stove with of course! What do you think?
No, that will not be enough with your insulation. True passive solar requires greater insulation, masses of inertia heated by the bay windows to the south, very fine work on the distribution of parts and openings, etc.

ganmat wrote:[...] What do you call "house in balance"?
Your whole house is at the same temperature, there are no cold spots at the bottom and heat accumulation at the top.

ganmat wrote:[...] Heated walls?
I thought about it, but I don't know if it's easy to install, what wall surface compared to the floor space or the volume?
Do you know of sites or links dealing with heated walls?
Thank you very much!
Food
The surface, I think it's about 1/3 of the surface to be heated. The easiest way is to install a coil in a wall that will serve as a mass of inertia, between rooms at low level.

No, I don't know of a sorry site. You can search the net with "Monville system".
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."