Thermal bridges and wooden frames: insulation pub

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 10/09/07, 10:09

citro wrote: 8) Nice presentation bham.

Thank you citro.
citro wrote:I would remind you, however, that metal joinery with thermal break is far from being widespread.

However, I question the 100% efficiency of this kind of carpentry. Such a section with thermal break is in fact the assembly of two "half" sections linked together by a piece of hard plastic. But we must not forget that the air present between these two "half" profiles is in contact with a "hot" profile and a "cold" profile. The air is therefore hot on one side, cold on the other with a dew point in the middle, which can come into contact with the interior "half" profile in very cold exterior conditions, destroying the effectiveness of the bridge break. thermal. So for me, it's not the best.
citro wrote:I recently discovered super insulating joinery combining high-performance glazing with wooden joinery plus aluminum exterior cladding. These are very high-end ... :frown:

I just bought it, with triple glazing (currently at the same price as double glazing). The insulation coefficients give Ug (glass) = 0,6 and Uw or Uf (window or window thermal resistance) = 0,95.
Knowing that U = 1 / R, R is = 1,05 is the equivalent of 6,5 cm of expanded polystyrene. So perfectible from a thermal insulation point of view but already very good for a glazed surface, which limits the importance of the thermal bridge that a window constitutes.
I am counting on the tax credit to lower the bill ...
For information, the French thermal regulations, RT 2005, impose, in new construction, a level of facade insulation which requires the use of at least 4mm / 16mm / 4mm double glazing with low-emissive glass to obtain a Ug coefficient <or = at 1.5
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/05/08, 14:26

bham wrote:[...] For information, the French thermal regulation, RT 2005, imposes, in the new construction, a level of insulation of facade which constrains to use at least a double glazing 4mm / 16 mm / 4 mm with a glass low emissivity to obtain a Ug coefficient <or = at 1.5
They only take the Ug for RT 2005? It's a bit silly, it means that we can do anything with the "structure" ... Well ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/05/08, 23:13

Woodcutter wrote:
bham wrote:[...] For information, the French thermal regulation, RT 2005, imposes, in the new construction, a level of insulation of facade which constrains to use at least a double glazing 4mm / 16 mm / 4 mm with a glass low emissivity to obtain a Ug coefficient <or = at 1.5
They only take the Ug for RT 2005? It's a bit silly, it means that we can do anything with the "structure" ... Well ...

+1 But as it is EDF which establishes the RT, they are satisfied with the minimum.
Their customers must continue to buy energy ...

Anyway, the majority of "building professionals" are unable to do better due to incompetence ... I am not the only one to say it ...

RT2005 offers only 15% improvement energy performance, ie 130 kWh / m² / year or very far from factor 4.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/05/08, 15:22

citro wrote:[...] anyway, the majority of "building professionals" are unable to do better because of incompetence ... I am not the only one to say it ...

RT2005 offers only 15% improvement energy performance, ie 130 kWh / m² / year or very far from factor 4.
Ated ... :?
This is why we are offering to go straight to the BBC in our constructions, so that we are there at factor 4! :P
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/05/08, 19:12

:D WoodcutterIt is obvious that you are not one of the "professionals" I am referring to.

I mean those who don't know Econologie.com :frown:
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"