New stone house in pure provencal style

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Frederic_L
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

New stone house in pure provencal style

by Frederic_L » 17/03/08, 19:59

Hello,

I allow myself to create a new message. I saw messages on building made of wood, adobe, straw ... but not stone.

In fact, I have an example in support of what can be done in this area applied to the Provençal region: Building Provencal .

In the page achievements, we can see what has been done .... (: cheesy :), with, I specify, the stone collected / extracted on site in the Provençal style.

I put some pictures here:

0 x
We can not improve what you can not measure - Lord Kelvin
povrich
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

stone house

by povrich » 17/03/08, 21:14

Hi and congratulations,
It's very beautiful, and what a job, especially for the vault, but the insulation, because this winter it was colder (20 km north of Toulon) than north of Lyon, my former residence. Weather on the net.
And summer it must be heated
At the eye the thickness of the walls is 30 cm, it is notoriously insufficient to isolate. And the roof, she is isolated?
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 17/03/08, 21:40

Indeed, the old stone houses have 1 walls m thick: well in summer (fresh rest), much less well in winter ... the monstrous chimneys of the castles of yesteryear were not there to decorate ...
0 x
Frederic_L
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Frederic_L » 17/03/08, 21:55

Hi and congratulations,
It's very beautiful, and what a job, especially for the vault, but the insulation, because this winter it was colder (20 km north of Toulon) than north of Lyon, my former residence. Weather on the net.
And summer it must be heated
At the eye the thickness of the walls is 30 cm, it is notoriously insufficient to isolate. And the roof, she is isolated?

Regarding the insulation, it seems to me, in general, that only 30% of the heat escapes through the walls, the rest escaping through the windows and the roof. But I'm not sure about 100%, so I call the experts to confirm : Wink: .

For the thickness of the walls, it is variable: In the second photos, that of the vault, the thickness on the left side is 1 meter (of stones linked to the lime plaster), to resist the pressure of the vault . Then for the rest, the thickness is of the order of 60 cm (I would have to ask my father who knows the measurements perfectly), knowing that the walls have a "fruit", that is to say that they are thicker at the base than at the top, seen from the outside, it gives the impression that the walls "lean" inwards.

Finally concerning the insulation, of course, it remains a modern construction, so double glazing and roof insulation are on the program, it seems to me that there are several centimeters of glass wool or rock (same, I would have to ask to my father) to insulate the roof.

The advantage of stone as a material is its thermal latency, basically, the day the walls absorb the heat of the sun and restores the night. So of course, in winter when the sun does not give heat masses, you have to heat up. In summer however, it acts as a natural air conditioning, you can believe me, even during the famous heat wave, we were cool under the big vault while it was the dodger on the terrace!
0 x
We can not improve what you can not measure - Lord Kelvin
Louhac
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Louhac » 18/03/08, 07:33

It's very beautiful, that's for sure. On the other hand, the problem is always the same with the stone: unless you do it or even hello the cost of construction with the labor it takes ...
0 x