Measuring vibrations on pantone

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
professeur_tournesol
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Measuring vibrations on pantone

by professeur_tournesol » 06/09/05, 17:25

I teach at the IUT of Roanne in mechanics and thermodynamics. We also have a research laboratory specializing in the study of vibrations. This lab has already punished results on diesel engines: the study of engine vibrations allows us to go back to the quality of combustion.
Who would be interested in coming to have their engine tested in vibration in our lab?
The pantone system must be disengageable so as to compare the motor with and without pantone, and also with different pantone settings.
The service is free, but requires you to come with your vehicle to Roanne.
If the results are convincing, they could be published in scientific journals.

Volunteers?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/05, 17:43

Superb initiative, the modal (or nodal ... analysis I suddenly have a doubt) allows, in fact, to better understand combustion. It seems to me that I had mentioned it in my PFE.

Question: Could a tractor be "analyzed" by this method?
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 06/09/05, 19:37

Excellent idea !!

For your information, Christophe, this is a modal analysis, with an M.

(Nodal is when there are nodes ... It would speak more finite elements in this case)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/05, 19:52

Here you are :) Thanks Rulian!
But nodal it also exists therefore :P
It is far away all that ... :D
0 x
gat42
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gat42 » 06/09/05, 22:42

Bonjour à tous
Response to Professor sunflower: I am from the Roanne region and work in Roanne. My son and I are working these days making a Pantone which we are going to install on an R21 Diesel.
We are making consumption readings for the R21 in parallel, and we will be installing the Pantone in a few days (a simple valve at the outlet of the reactor will enable it to be put out of service.
We are very interested in your offer.
I probably know some of your colleagues or yourself about the measurement of vibration spectra on electric motors via analysis of the electric signals of the motor or its associated sensor ...
We will keep you informed of the progress of the project.
Thank you for your offer.
cmoigat@hotmail.com
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/03/08, 15:17

A few years later ... here are the results of this measurement:

https://www.econologie.com/mercedes-220d ... -3709.html
0 x
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by camel1 » 06/03/08, 00:03

Christophe wrote:A few years later ... here are the results of this measurement:

https://www.econologie.com/mercedes-220d ... -3709.html

Hi Christopher!

Arff!

You laugh, in fact, it's been a year straight!
So, I interpret this little up as an invitation to share my news ...?

I have not been involved much lately, because I am very busy with my musical and associative projects ... soon in concert, I would tell you that when the time comes.
As for our manipulations, with Didier, they will resume very soon, we are undertaking to set up a test bench with a new partner, who brings a good part of the means that we lacked (we will be able to work warm, in a workshop worthy of the name ! :D ).

We will first do a bench-top test bench to develop and characterize the SG.

Indeed, I will make here a parenthesis on the GV, which begins to equip a good number of cars.
In the current state of my own experiments on this subject, I could see that it was in some cases difficult to stabilize, with a production of random steam ...

I have noticed this for a long time. I found a "fix" with the balancing tube, but it was not decisive in my case ...

In addition, there is the problem that some experimenters have with the "constant level tank" ...

We for our part started to think about a new GV ver 3.0
This one will no longer have these stability problems, because we are going to implement another way of attacking it.
I will of course tell you more as soon as I have something concrete ...
All that to say that, if the principle is good, it is nonetheless ALWAYS in a development phase.

This GV development bench is the stage which leads us to the engine bench.

Indeed, the Lycée Carnot, where we had spent the Merco, is in the process of equipping itself with an engine bench ... :D

We are therefore going to build an experimental prototype placed on an XUD7, with the possibility of easily changing a reactor or GV module.

We will just have to transport this equipped engine to Carnot high school, which is a stone's throw away.

We will thus be able to set up fully instrumented days of manipulations (special cons, couple, T ° s, etc ... : Cheesy: ) and of course...

... Mathieu and Momo with their engine noise acquisition devices ... we will finally be able to erase the frustration of the last failed attempt ...

I would relate all this to you with photos to support, as usual.

I take this post also to greet all the friends of the forum, André, always there to respond to the prairie newbie, Christophe who does his grumpy from time to time ... and a great job all the time, newcomers who get started, and who have the elegance to come and show their work and discuss their results - they are not that many to play the game ... and all the others that I can not list, congratulations to all, even if the results are not always up to par, you persevere, and you move on!

Stay tuned!
A + + +

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...