Experience: riding pantone until you run out of fuel

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 04/02/08, 17:11

Hello

I just went to browse on Quan dhome your 22R montage that
I had not seen it before ..

for the 3000km before results it depends on the water you used and the kind of route you did at the start
You have to make a trip when leaving or you force the engine and drastically heat the reactor.

the economy is difficult to be good on a succession of short trips of 50km. There is the start, the heating time of the bulb ect ..
the right measures are long journeys of at least more than 200km driving between 100 km / h and 110 km / h

The arrangement of your reactor is close to the exhaust pipe and also to the intake which is an advantage, but the diversion of the exhaust causes a certain restriction which should slightly penalize you on the top speed (like all doping systems). at the water .
In your case, a slightly restrictive air filter improves bubbling
I realized after replacing my air filter that the suction in the reactor had slightly decreased.

The best results I got them on a course with odds
during the effort to climb, the efficiency of the system improves, in descent it is inefficient, but very little consumption
I did not exceed 32% but it is not impossible to improve ..
the measurements are something tricky to do, note the full level stopper it is necessary to be very patient to dissipate the foam at the top of the tank, especially well filled when returning from the trip, the difference is a few liters, not rely on the trigger, on a 200km trip is a big mistake.

What kind of injector do you have on your engine?
models DNOSD 240 or 265 those with a small hole in the needle this makes a pre injection before the main injection a little like the electronic system, it decreases the noise at slowdown and improves the combustion, with even better doping.

Andre
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/02/08, 17:45

oops, vi, I've seen accordion "stainless steel pipe" in my life ...
vi, it exists ... :?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/02/08, 21:28

Hello misus

Search for "expansion joint" or "metal compensator"

http://www.procoproducts.com/31-Reasons-French.pdf

http://www.lumox.fr/Compensateurs_tissu.htm

I can no longer find the link, but it exists in 'corrugated' pipe by the meter for diameters that start at (30mm inside?). This also exists in very thin thickness (a few 1/10 mm) to make "lungs" in altimetric correctors for example. Anyway, everything I could find was prohibitively expensive especially when the minimum quantity is 50 meters ... suddenly I bought silicone hoses. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
misus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by misus » 04/02/08, 21:54

thank you for the photo but I do not use this article, I live in fact right next to a hot spring in the middle of nature ...

I saw a superb flexible stainless steel exhaust assembly with protective mesh, sleeved and held using clamps, all on a rally car, but it was a photo ...

Christophe: yes I am the author of this word written yesterday on "we can do it"
0 x
Other

by Other » 04/02/08, 22:07

Hello

Flexible stainless steel sections are sold, they are internal 60mm
and 200mm long, they are covered with a stainless steel protective braid at their end there is a rigid tube to weld
we find this in the exhaust repairer normally it is used to connect the Catalyst
Stainless steel hose is also found at some exhaust vendor
the pieces of this flexible duct are on sale at the Candian Tire Store (that's a bit far for you)
You will find this on the Mercedes 300D exhausts
the apartiedecendant at the outlet of the turbo is in flexible stainless steel
many cars have a flexible turbo outlet section
Andre

The dry bubbler or the GV, is inside the flexible duct
this assembly is far from being a beauty on the dynamic level
but thermally quite efficient.
If I had to make another it would be much more compact there would be no external exit and less bend
well I am studying the possibility of doing it before turbo ..
more complex but more efficient at low speed

0 x
misus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by misus » 04/02/08, 22:37

hello and thank you again for your answers and addresses; André my injectors are dnosd 265, I too have half blocked my air intake. I will redo my conso as indicated.

you must be right about my "performance" in reserve but I will try again.

finally a small question since there are people on the lookout here (bravo):
my car is almost dead (corrosion) so I am considering trying to fit my big gearbox on a 21 turbo d. the air intake is through separate pipes and I plan to extend my reactor outlet hose and divide it into 4 so that each of them progress
in the 4 pipes and "spit" closer to the cylinders, can this be of interest?
Ivan
0 x
Other

by Other » 04/02/08, 23:24

Hello
also I am considering trying to fit my big box on a 21 turbo d. the air intake is through separate pipes and I plan to extend my reactor outlet hose and divide it into 4 so that each of them progress

With a turbo more difficult (not impossible) to enter directly into the intake manifold
initially the turbo engine is more economical than the atmospheric engine and also less heat available at the turbos outlet easily 150c less depending on the load

the entry into the tubing separately at each cylinder is an interesting side on the depression and the proximity of the cylinder
this system was described by a forumeur and many use it

you will have to revise your consumption without panton down
measure it without doping in water

Or I was a little skeptical it is the 50%. Note it's not because I can't do it that it's not impossible
I am always interested in improvements, others .. and try to understand where I missed in my assembly .. currently I can not go below the bar of 5,9 liters per 100km to reach 50% it would be necessary that I go down to 4,5 liters (without doping 9 liters per 100km)
so still a long way to go.
But I'm happy when I learn, that it's doable, because I thought I had waited for the limit ...

Andre
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"