Modification of the basic structure of the pantone

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 26/01/08, 23:19

Hello André

Andre wrote:A 3-liter downstream engine per 100km 1 k of water for 250 kg of air
a kilo of steam even at 200c will not influence the 250kg of air at room temperature.

the kilo of water you talk about is what you add through your pantone system to the 250 kg of air swallowed by the engine

in these 250 kg of air, there is already more or less vapor depending on the T ° and the RH present of the ambient air

for 250 kg, this can range from 1 kg (if air at -10 ° C and 50% RH) to approx. 22 kg (if air at 30 ° C and 80% RH)

in your case (more often cold) that makes you 2 kg of water (pantone included) compared to the 250 kg of air

in the possible improvements to your level it would not be precisely to create the 2nd scenario: 30 ° C and 80% RH :?:

and knowing that if you only heat the intake air without humidifying it, your air will be at 30 ° C and approx. 4% RH (from -10 and 50% RH taken at random)

so you need to add a very large bubbler which passes all the intake air and which should then consume 21 liters of water per 100 km

for info: in this case you would be in the same scenario as Zac in Reunion: warm atmosphere and above all wet

bolt
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 26/01/08, 23:40

I remain convinced that the basic phenomenon of pantone is the electrification of steam, which rubs on the tube and the rod.
According to André, his tests with very conductive materials prove less conclusive. It could confirm my theory.
I would even have to try the opposite in my opinion: make a very insulating reactor, ceramic or something like that. It could favor electrification, right?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/01/08, 00:04

Hello NLC
nlc wrote:According to André, his tests with very conductive materials prove less conclusive. It could confirm my theory.
I would even have to try the opposite in my opinion: make a very insulating reactor, ceramic or something like that. It could favor electrification, right?

The "problem" is that the good conductor properties of electricity and heat go together for a large majority of materials. Ceramic insulates well electrically and heat. It will therefore be necessary to take into account a lower heating. :frown:

There are avenues to explore with the honeycombs of ceramic catalysts. If we could mix the passage of exhaust gases in some cells and the vapor in the adjoining cells it would be an interesting compromise. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 27/01/08, 00:13

There must be materials to do this. For example in electronics, to electrically isolate a transistor from its heatsink, a small mica plate is placed between the 2. The transistor is then electrically insulated, but not thermally from the heatsink.

Or else another solution: a 1st standard reactor allowing to heat the water vapor, and a 2nd to follow which is electrically insulating.
I think that the electrification can only be better if there is friction on an insulating material.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 27/01/08, 04:13

Hello
Bolt wrote:Hello André

Andre wrote:A 3-liter downstream engine per 100km 1 k of water for 250 kg of air
a kilo of steam even at 200c will not influence the 250kg of air at room temperature.

the kilo of water you talk about is what you add through your pantone system to the 250 kg of air swallowed by the engine

in these 250 kg of air, there is already more or less vapor depending on the T ° and the RH present of the ambient air

for 250 kg, this can range from 1 kg (if air at -10 ° C and 50% RH) to approx. 22 kg (if air at 30 ° C and 80% RH)

in your case (more often cold) that makes you 2 kg of water (pantone included) compared to the 250 kg of air

in the possible improvements to your level it would not be precisely to create the 2nd scenario: 30 ° C and 80% RH :?:

and knowing that if you only heat the intake air without humidifying it, your air will be at 30 ° C and approx. 4% RH (from -10 and 50% RH taken at random)

so you need to add a very large bubbler which passes all the intake air and which should then consume 21 liters of water per 100 km

for info: in this case you would be in the same scenario as Zac in Reunion: warm atmosphere and above all wet

bolt

There must be a relationship with the relative humidity of the air swallowed by the engine, for a long time I believed that the poor performance in winter came from cold air, but even by heating the air the performance improves weakly, this is one of the reasons that I stopped making measurements in cold weather.
l, summer it is sometimes over 30c and the air is humid in stormy weather, the yield is good, but it was in spring and autumn that I did my best results, temperatures
around 22c to 25c.
Now if we consider only, the entry of humid air into the engine What we send with the reactor and a negligible amount, both in air than in vapor, compared to the wet air swallowed.
more whatever the outside temperature and relative humidity
the water consumption which brings a good yield is always around 1 liters of water.

If it is mainly the electrification of steam there must be some other method of doing it.
it must also be established that the efficiency varies as a function of the electrification measure measured on the reactor outlet pipe
What I measured is in AC in millivolts, on the DC reading, nothing significant, the measurements are variable and difficult to use to assert, that when they are at their highest, that the performance is better.
I would have expected something more palpable ... not millivolts.
If it were simply that the humid air entering the engine made changes, we would have observed differences depending on the weather conditions, driving in the fog would save 30%, driving in the desert and we would have an overconsumption. I think we have to look elsewhere why we have a gain with so little water and why we cap around 30% despite the inaccuracies of the measurements of each assembly.
(currently what annoys me is not being able to exceed 32% when you can no longer increase the yield
you ask yourself questions, if we have reached the limit of the system ..)
Some believe that it is easy to measure, but measuring a variant from 30% to 32% requires repetition to make sure that there are no other parameters that have influenced, we are talking about making a minor modification on 2% difference must be checked to see if the modification has made a gain

Currently on the Chevrolet gasoline I try over a longer period to pass only water vapor
I simply blocked the air inlet of the bubbler which is heated at the exhaust therefore the vapor which is made in the bubbler can only go into the reactor and the engine, but we are in winter so the results are a take with reserves especially on the petrol engine the yields are not as good as on diesel.

Andre
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 29/01/08, 23:42

Hello André

Andre wrote:If it were simply that the humid air entering the engine made changes, we would have observed differences depending on the weather conditions, driving in the fog would save 30%, driving in the desert and we would have an overconsumption. I think we have to look elsewhere why we have a gain with so little water and why we cap around 30%

(currently what annoys me is not being able to exceed 32% when you can no longer increase the yield
you ask yourself questions, if we have reached the limit of the system ..)

to have a better improvement than the "30%", it is necessary to have panted an engine less well adjusted at the start

which may have allowed some to reach 50% or more

1)
have you ever tried to give more advance to the injection: between with and without pantone (always with the same "too much advance") there must be more difference but with over-consumption in without pantone

2)
another solution is to increase the compression ratio (put a thinner cylinder head gasket)

I think the 2nd solution is the best to exceed your 30%

bolt
0 x
Other

by Other » 30/01/08, 02:12

Hello
have you ever tried to give more advance to the injection: between with and without pantone (always with the same "too much advance") there must be more difference but with over-consumption in without pantone

I will prepare 5 injectors calibrated a150 bar instead of 135 bar
this will already improve for the oil market. With water doping, with oil more than 1 liters per 100km more than with diesel.
But I make the modifications in oil line the improvements are transposed exactly on the diesel, the final tests parout test I do it with diesel.

Increase the advance not difficult to do, but change the cylinder head gasket not very attempted, unless you are forced to do so by a problem

I realize that according to the experimenters there are differences on the reactor outlet temperatures (apart from ZAC or I am approximately like him) and the tractors if we look at the color of the copper pipes in the photos

The internal color of the reactor outlet tube (for a diesel with turbo)

The thermometer is placed in the reactor outlet tube, close to the inlet of the trubo, it rises around 140c at 110kmh
at 150kmh it borders on 200c

Andre
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 30/01/08, 10:59

hello mechanics,
have you addressed the chemical aspect of the OH- ion reactor?
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 30/01/08, 13:56

Hello,
nlc wrote:I think that the electrification can only be better if there is friction on an insulating material.

I thought so too, until I noticed that fitting WITH gives less good results with a PVC hose than metal.

Have you read my prose on this subject? (free ad : Cheesy: )
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... on_air.pdf

Schematically, I consider an insulator as a "reservoir" of electrons, which can empty (donor) or fill (acceptor). Unlike metal, which behaves like a "pipe" capable of connecting "these reservoirs" by conduction, but incapable of supplying electrons by itself.

But the electrification is limited by the "capacity of the reservoir", in clear the volume and especially the surface of contact with the fluid ... The only "infinite" electron reservoirs are air, earth or water .

Metal must therefore be used to bring the intake air into contact with the ambient air, for example. But while avoiding the neutralization by conduction of the charges thus generated ...
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 30/01/08, 14:04

I'll read this tonight!
0 x