What is the most ecological heating?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
jeanpierre59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What is the most ecological heating?

by jeanpierre59 » 10/01/08, 17:22

Hello,
Currently a student, as part of my studies, I have to make a big file on ecology :D . I decided to carry out my dossier on DIY which can turn out to be ecological. In short, here I am at the start of my file with already a question, what is the most ecological heating? Are solar panels really ecological until the end? From their manufacture to their end of life? Are they recyclable? Is it the same for both types of panels? Is wood heating cheaper? Will it not, in the long term, exhaust the world's wood reserves? Finally, are there other ecological solutions for heating?
So many (I hope not too much!) Questions to which I have not really found clear answers and on which I would very much like you to enlighten me : Idea: .
Thank you in advance : Cheesy: .

Jean Pierre
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What is the most ecological heating?

by Targol » 10/01/08, 18:01

Hi Jean-Pierre. Welcome to Econology.
First, to make it easier to read the forum, can I suggest you reduce the size of your avatar image? : Mrgreen:

Then for your questions:
jeanpierre59 wrote:what is the most ecological heating?
Difficult to answer like that. The parameters are really very many and varied. The most accurate answer would probably be: "the one we haven't installed". But I guess that doesn't really suit you ...

jeanpierre59 wrote:Are solar panels really ecological until the end? From their manufacture to their end of life? Are they recyclable? Is it the same for both types of panels?
By "two types" do you mean "photovoltaic / thermal" or "flat thermal / thermal vacuum tubes"?
In case you are confused, the photovoltaic sensors are not heating systems but electricity production.
As for the gray energy of thermal sensors, it is of course not zero since glass is widely used (but recycles well).

jeanpierre59 wrote:Is wood heating cheaper?
So here we change the register. Price and ecology are not linked.

jeanpierre59 wrote:Will it not, in the long term, exhaust the world's wood reserves?
Unlike petroleum, wood is a renewable resource. In France, the area of ​​forest has been increasing steadily for more than a century.

jeanpierre59 wrote:Finally, are there other ecological solutions for heating?
The cheapest calorie is the one that you don't waste. As such, the best heating is insulation. Add to that passive solar (bay windows to the south), and you can fully cover the heating needs of a house.
There are housing estates in Germany without any heating system. The solar gains by the large picture windows in the south and the human activities (cooking, heating of the household appliances, ...) are enough to maintain a good temperature. And it's in Germany. the climate is less mild than in France.

Here. I hope I have answered your questions. For more details, try the "search" function of the forum. Many of these questions have already been more or less dealt with.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/08, 18:23

Uh, wouldn't that be an excellent insulation the most ecological heating?

With a "small" wood supplement with DHW circuit ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/01/08, 19:39

Christophe wrote:Uh, wouldn't that be an excellent insulation the most ecological heating?

With a "small" wood supplement with DHW circuit ...

uhhhh, that's kind of what i wrote there, right?
Targol wrote:
jeanpierre59 wrote:Finally, are there other ecological solutions for heating?
The cheapest calorie is the one that you don't waste. As such, the best heating is insulation.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/08, 20:06

Well if but a good idea must be said and repeated, right?

(in fact the truth is that I only read the first part of your answer : Oops: )
0 x