Water doping and auto insurance

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Water doping and auto insurance

by denis » 22/12/07, 13:00

The problem arises in terms of insurance, how do you do it? completely illegal? (very risky in the event of an accident !!)
Has anyone negotiated with his insurance?
A lot of years ago, there was a law which authorized the mechanical modification of a car if it did not bring a power higher than 10%, is it still in force? knowing that in France have added but very little law! would be great for us!

who can enlighten us ???
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 22/12/07, 13:28

Any increase in power without UTAC homologation and declaration to the insurance is prohibited. Note that the real power of the engines can vary "naturally" by ~ 5% (more or less) because of manufacturing variations, quality fuel, etc ...
Theoretically, driving on the road with a pantone is prohibited because it is not approved, but in general the pantone rather loses power ...
Was a (distant) time, it was possible to homologate in France a modified amateur vehicle, today, it is almost impossible, even for "kits" approved everywhere in the world (except in France ...) ...
Note that for example in Germany almost everything is feasible, provided you have: the manufacturer's authorizations, only fit TUV stamped parts (supporting paperwork), and comply with pollution standards, which gives rise to impressive records and a significant cost ... :|
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 22/12/07, 14:07

yes, therefore in principle prohibited, remains to be seen an arrangement with the insurer! it exists, (I have a special contract),
remains to be negotiated : Cheesy:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 23/12/07, 11:32

An insurer can insure anything, as long as everything is clearly specified in the contract.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 23/12/07, 12:35

In Belgium, any engine modification not carried out by pros using approved equipment is STRICTLY prohibited !!!

No luck for us, it would surprise me if it was possible to arrange things with our dear (to take as you want, but you understand me) insurers!

Ah, I can see the trick! Worse than the Hell's Angels: the Pantone Outlaws !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/12/07, 18:00

Hello
Gregconstruct wrote:In Belgium, any engine modification not carried out by pros using approved equipment is STRICTLY prohibited !!!

No luck for us, it would surprise me if it was possible to arrange things with our dear (to take as you want, but you understand me) insurers!

Ah, I can see the trick! Worse than the Hell's Angels: the Pantone Outlaws !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Is that funny? In Belgium you can install a lawn tractor battery on a homebuilt plane, a kubota alternator for a mechanical excavator, but in a car it requires approved material?
It has been a long time since the bosch alternators left my vehicles and replaced by Delco Remy 80 and 100 amperes

When a government is too loose to put on its panties
he forces you to take out insurance and lets the private insurers do their dirty work, to escape the judgment of the voters.
I experienced this with my home firewood stove
because it is man-made construction, it takes a company name from them, whereas it is made of 9 mm thick steel plate and welded inside and outside. Not a commercial stove can achieve such a shielding.
it's shocking, you have to buy finished everything, the law allows you to build an airplane, but try to build a car you'll see the complication to put it on the road (we had made a Dung Buggy with a 6 cylinder engine. Corvary what paperwork and inspection before putting it on the road.
When private companies get in the way of doing their own thing, it's high time to kick in.

If we listen to the insurance companies, to be legal, it would be necessary to replace the brake fluid in cars annually, only have the brake pads changed in approved garages.

It has just made snow tires compulsory in 2008, I have spent my life with 4-season Michelin tires which run better on ice than snow tires. (Héllo the wheel storage if you have two tanks)

They wanted to pass a law to reduce the alcohol level to 0,4
that means two glasses of wine at the table and you're done ..
in other words it means zero tolerance
Instead of targeting the real ones, the repeat offenders, they want to catch everyone .. with small mesh nets they catch more fish

Andre
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 23/12/07, 20:43

The Belgian legislation concerning the mechanical modifications of vehicles is due is some morons of tuning enthusiasts.

I'm talking about those guys who can't tell the difference between a wrench and a chamber pot. The kind of guy who from one day to the next takes himself for a mechanical ace and hits you 300 nags under the hood of his sax vts without thinking about the suspensions and the braking system. As a result, it goes into the background, all alone like an acorn when its going well but most often this kind of invertebrate takes on a mother who takes her children for walks on the sidewalk.
Especially since these guys don't know how to fly !!! : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

So, as a result of the races, people who have learned since their childhood to work on cars can no longer make any changes to their engine !!! : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
Other

by Other » 24/12/07, 15:55

Hello

This also happens here, it is enough to see in a row of countryside the black marks of tires to understand that some have fun doing starts and demonstrations of power of the modified cars.
but to impose a strict law is severe, to penalize the guys who widen their tires or who change their shaft to cam
It's a small minority who are making changes.
If it was necessary to remove from the ciculation the modified cars, engine, exhaust, wheel release, it would remain that the car of priest on the roads

Andre
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 25/12/07, 04:47

Andre wrote:Hello
Is that funny? In Belgium you can install a lawn tractor battery on a homebuilt plane, a kubota alternator for a mechanical excavator, but in a car it requires approved material?
If we listen to the insurance companies, to be legal, it would be necessary to replace the brake fluid in cars annually, only have the brake pads changed in approved garages.

In France it's the same, and even worse: we can eg. build an ulm without any control, provided it is "in the nails" level mass, minimum speed and power and it works, because manufacturers / amateur pilots are not suicidal ...
For cars nothing to do since the tightening of the regulations, but 15 years ago we could still approve major modifications, on condition of using parts from production vehicles or professional kits) ... today a simple 2cv with a body kit for example Burton (Dutch) it is forbidden ...
The 100% professional maintenance and ultra severe certification have demonstrated its ineffectiveness (and shenanigans) and the enormous obstacle to progress on certified planes where it is forbidden to change a burnt bulb yourself, that's what they want put it back for the cars ... :?
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 25/12/07, 09:24

In addition, when you make certain modifications (always by a pro !!!) on your vehicle, it must pass a technical control every year even if it is a new vehicle!
0 x