Recover energy from grass or crushed wood?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
tof02
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tof02 » 22/11/06, 12:42

sure, it takes time to get ideas across. but it's never too late to start, whatever !!!!!
0 x
"It is by joining forces and our ideas that we will get things done.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/11/06, 13:37

tof02 wrote:sure, it takes time to get ideas across. but it's never too late to start, whatever !!!!!
No, it is never too late to start ... However, there will come a time when it will be too late to have an effect ... :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
henryII
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by henryII » 19/11/07, 20:30

Hello !

I discovered this post by chance ... (finally by searching about this subject, anyway : Mrgreen: !).

I imagined precisely the making of a composter crossed by a serpentine air pipe.

I try to explain : Shock:

Knowing that the temperature of a well-managed compost can rise between 50 and 60 °, does not emit a foul odor and that the air is what heats up the fastest, there may be a way to find there an effective way to partially heat (preheat) the air in a home, night and day ...

I thought I would try like this: the composter would be in the form of a flattened cylinder crossed by an axis which would support it and raised to be housed against a wall (a short pipe to connect is enough to enter the air which would be sucked inside of the house by a small fan).

Of course, no contact between the air and the compost except the heat exchange !!

I imagine the 2 discs of the full cylinder, but its "thickness" consists of a fine mesh.

A hatch would allow filling from above, being able to rotate the composter around the axis, after disconnecting the pipe connecting it to the entrance to the house would allow the material already partially composted to fall through the mesh and mix the compost to heat and aerate it.

This system would perhaps allow to remain in the maximum heating phase (bacterial or microbial phase) by gradually eliminating the part of the compost already degraded by these bacteria, before the phase of fungi, insects and worms which heats significantly less ).

A very quick drawing:

Your opinion ?
0 x
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 19/11/07, 21:52

hello, in the same pricipe, here is a blog http://letablaced.blogspot.com/

or they built a composted ecological boiler
0 x