Replacement of R22 Gas

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Fillon
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Replacement of R22 Gas

by Fillon » 15/11/07, 19:43

I bought an old house restored in 1995 and equipped with a heat pump running on R22 with heated floor.

I know that it is now prohibited in new constructions.
I would like to know if there are alternative products that work and if it is possible to transform the installation into Water / water or Air / air.

I specify that the CAP is SOFATH brand
0 x
Hervé FILLON
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/07, 22:41

Pitmix, there is a question for you there ... :)
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/11/07, 23:49

: Arrow: Sofath is a well-known brand. They must have the answer, right?

But after verification, R22 is a "hydrochlorofluorocarbon" (HCFC) with high latent heat of vaporization widely used in residential, commercial and industrial air conditioning. Are you sure it's forbidden?

It should not be confused with R12 or freon 12 from the category of "chlorofluorocarbons" (CFCs) which is prohibited today!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 16/11/07, 02:51

Hello
I would like to know if there are alternative products that work and if it is possible to transform the installation into Water / water or Air / air.

I still work at R22 I buy a good supply
When to transform a water / water installation, into air / air in the end there will be just the usable compressor, as much change units

the interssant system is water / air, provided you have a source of water to draw calories and the other side air for heating and air conditioning, with water the outside temperature does not affect the heat pump performance ..
During the air conditioning cycle we provide all domestic hot water and even more

Andre
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 16/11/07, 09:29

R22 is no longer sold, yet it was the best refrigerant with its T ° evaporation of -50 ° C at Patm it was able to be used for air conditioning and for low temperatures.

note that it contains 20 times less chlorofluoro-carbon (CFC) than R12 and R502 (these fluids were prohibited because the patents were going to pass in the public domain, remember that a single volcanic eruption projects the equivalent 10 years of global CFC production, 90s value)

However, it can be kept as long as it is confined to an installation. There is a replacement fluid R407C or better, R417a which does not require changing the compressor oil.

see for example http://kitesurfer.free.fr/substitution.PDF

Just ask 8)
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^