Wind help: energy balance

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Guillome
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wind help: energy balance

by Guillome » 29/09/07, 18:58

Hello,
I am a student and I have a project with a wind turbine. For the moment I would need several answers to my questions to be able to find certain devices.

I have an air wind Land X 400W 12V integrated regulation and I would like to know:
- with what kind of device (sensor if possible) it is possible to measure the energy which product at output.

- with which device can we measure the wind speed.

- is there a mathematical formula that would determine the energy produced by a wind turbine as a function of wind speed.

The values ​​that I will retrieve will be displayed on an LCD screen normally. So if possible, I would like it to be a sensor.

For the moment I have no other question but there will surely be some that will come later.
I thank you in advance.
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Wind aid: energy balance

by Rulian » 01/10/07, 09:46

guillome wrote:I have an air wind Land X 400W 12V integrated regulation and I would like to know:
- with what kind of device (sensor if possible) it is possible to measure the energy which product at output.

Well with a Watt meter. Or several multimeters to measure voltage, current and cos phi (if the machine leaves the alternative).
guillome wrote:- with which device can we measure the wind speed.

Well with an anemometer. There are simple ones with cups, or complicated ones with ultrasound. Anyway, as with any sensor, the more precise it is the more expensive it is. And you have to calibrate properly.
guillome wrote:- is there a mathematical formula that would determine the energy produced by a wind turbine as a function of wind speed.

Of course. There is a theoretical formula called Betz's law.
The demo and the explanations over there et over there. And read the rest of the site, it's just good.
It tells you the maximum energy recoverable in the case of a perfect wind turbine. But as your machine is not perfect, you have to take the manufacturer power curve giving the electric power according to the wind speed.
guillome wrote:The values ​​that I will retrieve will be displayed on an LCD screen normally. So if possible, I would like it to be a sensor.

The anenometer which returns digital signals is what is used by professionals who record data over a year (in general). After will find out the price of the sensors ... You must inquire at suppliers.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Wind aid: energy balance

by Christophe » 01/10/07, 11:33

Rulian wrote:Well with a Watt meter. Or several multimeters to measure voltage, current and cos phi (if the machine leaves the alternative).

Well a wattmetre measures instantaneous power but does not measure energy ...

In his case he would need an equivalent of the PM230 ( https://www.econologie.com/shop/economet ... prise.html ) but in 12V ... unless it goes through an inverter to make 230 AC (the PM would work) but in this case the losses of the inverter would not be compatibilized, it would therefore be necessary to correct with respect to the inverter efficiency ...

Otherwise thank you for the reminders of wind physics :) (I hadn't answered hoping for an answer from you)
0 x