Donate to the site of a car: Golf 2 petrol

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
stepydan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Donate to the site of a car: Golf 2 petrol

by stepydan » 12/09/07, 14:36

I have to part with my old Golf 2 (gasoline model), which has not passed the technical control, and for which the mechanic tells me that the repairs would be too expensive.

I do not mind give it to Econologie (legally to a natural person who is a member of the site) for nothing, so that it can serve as a test device for research on the Pantone, Joe Cell or other process. In return for this donation, it would be nice to have regular reports of the tests carried out.

If I had more money, I would have had it repaired. But I prefer to part with it like that rather than resolve to take it to the scrapyard : Cry:. I am also convinced that a handyman (which I am not at all) could repair it with parts from another source than the Volkswagen dealer network.

It drives perfectly well, brakes ok, wheels ok, steering ok etc, it's just a significant wear of the exhaust line and the various engine seals which are the cause of its readjustment at the technical control. Besides, about these leaks, there is no visible trace under the car ... (!?)

In short, I must however part with it before September 16st, [EDIT: September 18st , see below my answer to Christophe] end of the suspension of the technical control.

I live in the 12th arrondissement of Paris, and am currently free of my time, so if anyone wants to come pick it up, that's fine (apart from the urgent deadline). For those interested, just send me a mp for contact details and appointment.
Last edited by stepydan the 12 / 09 / 07, 15: 16, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/07, 14:44

Excellent initiative (I have bolded the important passages) that I can only salute! If everyone was like you, it would turn out much better (in every sense of the word ...)!

I hope that a Parisian (or close) econologist will read this subject and that you can quickly

This car could also become a technological "showcase" for various tests.

What will happen if the case is not resolved before September 16?
0 x
stepydan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by stepydan » 12/09/07, 15:08

Christophe wrote:What will happen if the case is not resolved before September 16?

Ah, I lacked precision on the date, sorry : Mrgreen: :?. I just looked at the technical control document, on which is therefore written:
"against compulsory visit no later than Tuesday 18/09/07. Beyond that, new complete control "

In short, beyond September 18, it would be a little more annoying. Technically, it can always drive, legally, no, at least not on public roads. So to recover it, it would then have to be loaded on a truck, trailer, ... Maybe towing it from another car (I have a drawbar), but I do not guarantee the legality of this last operation.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 12/09/07, 15:19

stepydan wrote:In short, beyond September 18, it would be a little more annoying. Technically, it can always drive, legally, no, at least not on public roads. So to recover it, it would then have to be loaded on a truck, trailer, ... Maybe towing it from another car (I have a drawbar), but I do not guarantee the legality of this last operation.

Hello

all you risk is 90 € of PV it's cheaper than a plateau !!!!!

Guys stop shitting on you, otherwise it will be like Hongkong in 5 years in France : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/07, 15:42

Uh, how is HongKong?
0 x
zac

by zac » 12/09/07, 15:55

worst

forbidden of everything, even barking for dogs !!!

loose in the street: smoking drinking eating spitting chewing chwingum wearing shorts

at your place: no animals in "collective" housing, everyone in Hong Kong; not the right to own a vehicle without a local license and without a parking space (MOT 450 € every year) etc ...........

if I manage to get my hands on the photos of forbidden signs at the entrance of a supermarket, I forward them.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
stepydan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Completed

by stepydan » 22/09/07, 18:56

Not having received until yesterday any message from a possibly interested person, I could not keep the car any longer. I took it today to the scrapyard for destruction ... : Cry:
End of the story. Thanks anyway.
0 x