Breakdown of the price of petroleum fuels

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Breakdown of the price of petroleum fuels

by Christophe » 12/09/07, 15:36

I have just written a small article on the details of the price of a liter of fuel.

If you have any comments or additions to the "Analysis" part, they are welcome!

https://www.econologie.com/taxation-fisc ... -3471.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/07, 15:42

Here is my first question and question which I have trouble finding the answer to:

The price of crude rose between 98 and 2005 from $ 10 to $ 60, i.e. a 600% increase How can we explain that the price at the pump has only been increased by a few tens of% with us?

Partial explanations: the parity of the dollar has fallen from almost € 1,5 in 98 to around € 0,8 now, ie a drop of nearly 50%. There is 300% "too much" left.

Governments were able to reduce their margins slightly via a decrease in the TIPP but it seems to me that it has been fixed for a while ...

Ideas?

ps: an article on the global taxation of petroleum fuels is also being written.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/09/07, 16:22

to be very precise, the liter of GO in February 1998 was 27 Belgian francs against 40 to 41 today.

in fact, the raw material is only a small part: there is the transport, the refining and the taxes and I believe that there is a program contract between the oil companies and the state: the profits are not exactly proportional to the crude price
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"