More special candles

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
rosco12
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

More special candles

by rosco12 » 11/07/07, 09:23

Hello everybody

There have already been a lot of "revolutionary candles" without being, but they seem to incorporate a little more technicality than holes everywhere (!).

To see if it's as good as that ...

http://www.pulstarplug.com/howtheywork.html

http://www.directhits.com/

Sincerely,

Rosco12
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/07/07, 13:30

Improving the quality of the spark has always been a factor in economy and power gain. I remember in the 70's having successfully experimented with Lodge “Golden” instead of the original spark plug in my car.
Alfa Romeo also uses a double spark

It would be worth a try, it is much cheaper than some "savers" that we know.

What would worry me more is reliability and lifespan: a little arithmetic would be necessary to see if it is worth it at the strictly economic level

The other thing to see: it seems certain to me that an economy could be obtained on cars before 2000, for the most recent it seems less obvious to me.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/07/07, 13:43

I browsed the link on directhits ...

It's pretty expensive ... for my 5-cylinder volvo: $ 225 without the port ...

They publish a letter relating to the test of their product by the laboratories WATERMELON, just that, known on the forum for their work on the Z-MACHINE !

Here is an extract from the letter in question briefly translated:

"We have shown through experience and analysis that the use of DirectHits capacitors in a conventional automotive ignition circuit can significantly increase the efficiency of electric-to-plasma conversion.
In the paper referenced in the study: Ignition circuits were analyzed with a model and computer measurements made to confirm the accuracy of the model.
In both cases, we found that the transfer efficiency of the manufacturers' ignition circuit was generally around .2%.
Adding the DirectHits capacitor increased efficiency by almost 50%. This represents an increase in the energy transfer efficiency of 250 times.
DirectHits peaking capacitors produce significantly more peak current than the ignition circuit of original equipment. The current measured in the spark of typical factory ignitions is on the order of 30 to 100 milliamps.
The installation of the DirectHits capacitor increased the peak current at 120psi cylinder pressure and .035 spark plug space to over 1000 amps. It is more than 10.000 times more "maximum" current. These reports can be, and were, in fact, verified by computer analysis, experimentation and measurement.
If I can be from any other service let me know.

Please accept the expression of our best regards,

G. Rohwein "

who will comment on this? :?:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/07/07, 14:36

The site and its animations are fairly well done, but I have a few questions:
- does the fact that the candle "delivers 1 million watts" have a real influence on the quality of combustion?
- is the fact that the combustion is faster really interesting?
- same question in terms of pressure: is the increase in the pressure peak in the cylinder really interesting, knowing that it is the average effective pressure supported by the piston which is used to create a job and therefore the power? (and not the very short maximum pressure peak)

Finally here, there is surely the idea and the job behind, but for what results?

Nobody has a single cylinder (it will cost less : Mrgreen: ) on hand for testing?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/07/07, 18:55

:frown: The "1 milion watt" leaves me skeptical ...

That said, the more powerful the spark, the better the ignition of the air / fuel mixture.
(On my cars with LPG, it is very sensitive because LPG requires more energy than other fuels to ignite and has a slower ignition speed.
Logically we should rather transform diesel engines to LPG and not petrol engines, the output would be much higher.)

The speed of ignition can generate a rattling sound.
Modern ignition systems compensate for the speed of propagation of the flame front by an adapted map ... miracle candles risk disturbing it ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 11/07/07, 19:41

Hello
The speed of ignition can generate a rattling sound.

Cars with a piezoelectric knock sensor adapts the lead
for others when you improve the combustion speed, spark plug or turbulator you have to lower the advance.
the advance is made there only to compensate for the speed of combustion.

Too much energy on the spark plug electrodes results in electrode heating and wear
just removing the electrodes, if the voltage allows, it makes the electrodes hotter.

It is in our interest to have a powerful and long spark which makes it possible to ignite poor mixtures more quickly.

current ignition systems it is a train of sparks which is damped in oscillation, it is high frequency AC current
some included a microwave oven diode in series, to be able to use a capacity ...

The values ​​given may seem enormous, but this energy is delivered in a relatively short time, a bit like an explosive which has the appearance of a great energy, all the concentrated energy, in an infinitely short time.

André.
Andre
0 x