Monthly sunning statistics, and geographical

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Meurdoc

Monthly sunning statistics, and geographical

by Meurdoc » 22/06/07, 14:32

Hello,

I am currently on an internship to develop solar panels. To perform calculations of energy supplied per m² of sensor installed, I need sunshine statistics in terms of light power and not in number of hours of sunshine because it is a figure that is useless for finding the energy that the sensor restores. I've already searched a lot but nothing to do. I only heard that there was a European Atlas of Solar Radiation (which we find under the English name of ESRA for European Solar Radiation Atlas), I think that this work could particularly interest me but I do not know where to find it therefore if someone knows something about it ...

So to summarize simply I seek:
- data on sunshine in france
- In kWh / m² (or equivalent unit but not number of hours of sunshine / day)
- In monthly average (or shorter it is even better but not annual because in summer we hardly heat up but there is plenty of sun, so if we want to make a precise calculation ...)
- and in geographical area (e.g. in regions or better in departments, but no national averages which are not very useful either but which are found everywhere everywhere ...)

so if someone could tell me where to look for this or even give me results it would be Great!

merci beaucoup

Hello everyone

Meurdoc.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/07, 14:38

The answer has already been widely asked on forums, search a little: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php

Here is an answer: https://www.econologie.com/carte-de-fran ... -3137.html

ps: for the monthly statistics, they have little interest because a solar system pays for itself over several years ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/06/07, 14:40

Hi Meuroc, welcome to Econology.

You will find a number of tools online here
And another tool leaves

You should be able to find your happiness ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/07, 14:40

Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 08 / 09, 01: 12, 1 edited once.
0 x
Meurdoc

by Meurdoc » 22/06/07, 15:38

Christophe I had already found your cards but they are not useful, they are annual averages. In fact it is important to monthlyize the estimates because some during the summer months you do not use all the solar energy because you do not heat, so the annual averages gives you an idea superior to reality.

Targol, thank you very much, it's almost exactly what I was looking for. it is a tool that looks very complete to me.

thanks to both of you and see you next time
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/07, 18:11

Meurdoc wrote:In fact it is important to monthlyize the estimates because some during the summer months you do not use all the solar energy because you do not heat, so the annual averages gives you an idea superior to reality.

99% of the solar systems installed relate only to domestic hot water (for information I am one of the remaining 1% ...) ... Now the consumption of DHW is the same as it is in the month of year. The overconsumption linked to summer heat is compensated by the temperature of the network water.

Your remark is therefore true but practically it does not concern many people ...

For a "student" study it is therefore valid but the reality is quite different ... this is why the majority of cards concern annual averages ....

Thanks to Targol for the details.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."