Article on "the real problem of oil"

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Article on "the real problem of oil"

by bham » 21/05/07, 16:05

seen on:
http://www.boursorama.com/conseils/deta ... ws=4216336

Many commentators continue to lament the medium- to long-term consequences of the unrestrained growth in Chinese demand for raw materials in general and oil in particular. But is this the right debate? ... Even if Chinese demand for crude oil has been growing rapidly for a few years, the Middle Kingdom today represents only 8% of world consumption compared to 18% for Europe and especially 25% for the United States ...
In addition and above all, each Chinese consumes on average only two barrels of oil per year while the average European consumes 12 and the American 26! ...

You will tell me that lifestyles are not comparable ... Certainly, but the fact remains that the West in general and the United States in particular can achieve considerable energy savings. For example, if American motorists used European type vehicles, world consumption would drop by 4 million barrels per day, the equivalent of Iran's production! And if we used the most fuel-efficient cars worldwide, the economy would represent 10 million barrels / day, the equivalent of Saudi Arabia's production ...

So we have on the one hand China with its 8% of world consumption and on the other hand potential savings by representing about double ... We must not be wrong scapegoat ...

In any event, the world oil reserves must, according to the President of Eni - who must know his subject ... - be exhausted in 70 years, it is high time to end the policy of the ostrich and reopen the hunt for waste ...

it's starting to enter the minds!
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 21/05/07, 17:58

No, I'm dreaming !!!

Was Boursorama attacked by an oleocene peaknik? Did they take drugs? Or have they had a brain grafted on them?

Damn it, it has to stop right away! Who am I going to make fun of if economists start to forget being stupid? !!
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Boursorama which publishes that, we will have seen everything ?? When will the Echoes come? : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/05/07, 20:43

Well, you know the economy, progress, civilization is like when you walk on a mattress: parts sink, others go up.
If your shares in oil go down, invest in wind, solar panels, cars that consume little ... :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
robbery
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by robbery » 22/05/07, 03:48

Oil is running out, it is getting too expensive, how can we prevent those who have not consumed a lot so far from consuming more?

The rare oil war has in fact started, the era of Mad Max is just beginning. The pollution does not make us forget our old gluttony in this energy formerly not expensive and that we consumed in less than 300 years, which is little on the scale of the Earth, especially when we know that it is necessary between 70 and 100 million years to rebuild the stock.

Everyone will be running after the last drop of this precious liquid. The fear of going back to animal traction is on everyone's mind. The strong demand for oil from emerging countries scares the West. The "Homo Sapiens" forgot to be wise by not seeing beyond the tip of his nose.

"Sell lawn mowers, less than 46 decibels of the Cow or Sheep brand, very little served" This is what kind of classified ads we will find soon, if everyone is willing!
For now, when it's very cold, it takes a liter of diesel to produce and transport a salad, that's where we came up with this endangered energy.

Let's not start the same bullshit with renewable energy, otherwise we will eat the shack (Earth, on a human scale). You just have to listen softly to the economists who discover the problem ... :?:
0 x
Bagnoles burn in the suburbs, it is after all only of self-destruction:
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 22/05/07, 13:58

Seen well Jaf

All of this will balance itself

if demand increases beyond possible production, the price per barrel will increase and solutions will abound in the direction of a large-scale economy. the development of alternative energies will be in full swing!

so you have to consume at donf to raise the price of oil !! : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/05/07, 19:13

Bonjour à tous

jaf wrote:
"Sell lawn mowers, less than 46 decibels of the Cow or Sheep brand, very little served" This is what kind of classified ads we will find soon, if everyone is willing!

The problem is that cows that flatulate (naturally!) Release methane which is very bad for the ozone layer. I read a very 'serious' article which pointed to our peaceful ruminants as 'dangerous' polluters ... : Mrgreen:

Econologically yours
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"