Unemployment: ecologists despite themselves?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unemployment: ecologists despite themselves?

by Christine » 02/03/07, 18:03

A subject that regularly appears as a watermark on the forum : the "forced decrease": http://www.actuchomage.org/modules.php? ... e&sid=2494
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/03/07, 18:29

little consolation!

on the other hand, an unemployed person does not have the money to change his chassis, his boiler, insulate his house and preciously keeps his old box which pollutes a max!

Currently, everything is fine for the capitalists, but they should also perhaps begin to understand that they are ... ruining their customers!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/03/07, 18:34

elephant wrote:on the other hand, an unemployed person does not have the money to change his chassis, his boiler, insulate his house and preciously keeps his old box which pollutes a max!

Maybe but it is surely the priority of purchase for NON unemployed people ... except maybe having the latest trendy car ...

The proof: yesterday we were at BatiBouw and there were more swimming pools and jakuzi (between 15 and 20) and hallogenic light fixture than solar panels (3 or 4 stand) and fluorescent bulb (only one stand...MEGAMAN) ... : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/03/07, 19:17

Nice find, Christine.

I would just be a little skeptical about the following sentence:
Of course, the cheapest foods are not the best
To take a close look at the composition of all the products I buy, I can assure you that for certain products (yogurts are a glaring example), more expensive does not necessarily rhyme with better.
Let me explain: certain food additives responsible for giving a nicer appearance to the product (color, texture, etc.) are, in addition to being highly toxic (allergens, teratogens, carcinogens or others), very expensive to purchase. Thus, low-cost products do not always contain it, while "high-end" products are often stuffed with it.

Otherwise, on the basis of the article, and having often discussed it with an RMIste friend, it is clear that the followers of degrowth and ecology start less far when they have small means than when they are " farted money "(which I am not, I can assure you : Mrgreen: ).
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 02/03/07, 19:18

I'm not going to talk about who is more ecological than the other because he has more or less money. We see idiots and nice guys in all social categories! However, it is more difficult for the unemployed to be an environmentalist than a wealthy, that's for sure because ecology is really not within the reach of the first wallet. The unemployed is an environmentalist in spite of himself ?! Here again, we can ask ourselves the question ... given that he is obliged to take the cheapest products, which come from the largest factories helping more to the consumption of their unscrupulous ethical customers than to the benefits and the joys of these!

However, the quality of knowing once unemployment is in your life is being able to restore moral value to certain little things that improve the quality of life ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 02/03/07, 19:47

Hello

it depends on what level we are living in poverty, below a certain threshold if you want to eat you have to make a garden and raise your chickens, and as fertilizers and food cost too much you eat organic.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 03/03/07, 08:39

This is very interesting (I know an unemployed person who receives 3000 euros per month from ASSEDICS - you should know that France is the only country in Europe and in the World, where the unemployment benefit ceiling is very high ... j 've got the numbers somewhere - and it has lasted for him for 10 years at least intermittently - he works in Freelance for TOTAL after being fired from their home in 1990 ...). He laughs ...

Will José Bové receive us?

At the beginning, the unemployed are "green in spite of themselves", then often convinced when they draw the parallel between their new habits and environmental requirements. A consciousness emerges. Also, when Nicolas Hulot says that preserving the planet is primarily the responsibility of the rich, he is not wrong. But how can the rich who do not know the need and feel no use in reducing their standard of living convince themselves of it? Who is preventing Thierry Breton from taking a private jet to go to a rugby match in the south of France? Who castigates the participants of the forum of Davos that drive in 4x4 all year round?

José Bové wants to be the spokesperson for the "voiceless" and the "invisible", at the same time environmentalist, alter-globalist and anti-liberal. We asked him in 2005 when there was nothing to gain, just dialogue: he never answered us. Perhaps at the time "the massive reduction of unemployment and precariousness" was not his hobby. Now that he has declared himself a presidential candidate, what can he tell us about this paradox of impoverishment which makes green, when it is also a question of giving everyone back their place in a society today? obsessed with "work value", a pretext that aims to make us unconscious consumers, showered with a success exclusively based on possession, appearances and prestige, and therefore exclusion? If he accepts to answer our questions, the analysis of these contradictions risks being very fascinating.

Good example: José Bové I like him for his ideas, but he takes advantage of the system!

For example, he is in the process of having a superb frame house and wooden cladding (bioclimatic) built on the Larzac plateau that no basic unemployed person could acquire. I have already seen the photo. ... and I'm not talking about the CO2 sent by all his plane trips around the world !!!

Here is the "newage de Bové" house ==>

http://josebove.over-blog.com/article-3736814-6.html

The house is 100% ecological. Spruce walls, copper gutters, no chemical paint, no polluting varnish. The construction company Nature et Habitat, founded by architect Patrick Ballester, imports almost all of its products from Germany, well ahead of the production of these natural materials that France, with its large industrial construction groups, neglects. All the pieces of wood are pre-cut. We fit, we screw. There is not a nail. "It's a quiet site," says Bové with satisfaction. In the last few days, he's finished putting up the windows. Soon, the cork insulation of the partitions will be completed. Then we will put the "Fermacel", a kind of plasterboard composed of natural gypsum and cellulose wadding. Finally, the green roof will be covered with earth.

Here is a link that can be put in the ecological habitat part ... it's up to you ... thank you. :? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).