GVI process on BMW 318 tds

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/02/07, 22:32

good evening 123, to have more vapor raise your constant level and open more air, but you need a gv that heats well!
me on the deuch I had the reverse pb, I lowered the level, finally, like ab, must grope ....
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher

by camel1 » 24/02/07, 22:40

Hello the pantoneux!

denis wrote:good evening 123, to have more vapor raise your constant level and open more air, but you need a gv that heats well!
me on the deuch I had the reverse pb, I lowered the level, finally, like ab, must grope ....

+1!
You took it from my mouth : Lol:

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
roulez123
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roulez123 » 24/02/07, 22:52

Here I am, and I see that you have answered, already thank you.

Well, after the 300km covered today (including 200 of motorway) here are my observations:

- Consumption reduced by a small liter compared to before
- On the other hand, when I am at low speed (2000tr in 5th) and when I arrive on the hill (and yes it goes up, even in the Ardennes) I have the impression that the car is pulling less well ....
When I'm over 2500tr and the turbo is on, nothing to say but on the other hand when the turbo does not turn on it's not the best
Would it be possible that it is because of the blockage of the exhaust pipe (but then I should feel it at high speed too) or then too much air in the reactor (tried to close the valve but not seen any change) or then not enough steam (however, am consuming a liter / 100 of water) ...

In your opinion???

See you soon

Olivier
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 24/02/07, 23:14

roulez123 wrote:When I'm over 2500tr and the turbo is on, nothing to say but on the other hand when the turbo does not turn on it's not the best

The turbo should be systematically active, right? In any case it is my case on the 806.

If the turbo does not start it is because in my opinion the reactor has stung most of the heat, leaving it a few crumbs.

The problem is that the injection pump is adjusted to cooperate with the turbo, and now it gives up under conditions where it should give "full pot", hence defective carburetion ...

I was thinking of experimenting with a Pantone by turning the turbo squarely, in the hope of forcing the engine to force and consume more water than diesel (the dream). But there I have a doubt about the feasibility ...
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 25/02/07, 00:30

Crispus wrote:
roulez123 wrote:When I'm over 2500tr and the turbo is on, nothing to say but on the other hand when the turbo does not turn on it's not the best

The turbo should be systematically active, right? In any case it is my case on the 806.

If the turbo does not start it is because in my opinion the reactor has stung most of the heat, leaving it a few crumbs.

The problem is that the injection pump is adjusted to cooperate with the turbo, and now it gives up under conditions where it should give "full pot", hence defective carburetion ...

I was thinking of experimenting with a Pantone by turning the turbo squarely, in the hope of forcing the engine to force and consume more water than diesel (the dream). But there I have a doubt about the feasibility ...

the turbo works more by gas flow than by heat, for its action it depends on the models
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Other

by Other » 25/02/07, 06:05

Hello,

The turbo on the Mercedes 123 series in any case for the 5-cylinder 3 liters, this responds from 2000 rpm.
Put a simple T with a tuayu on the manifold pressure, you will see at what Rpm it starts to pressurize.
There is also an adjustment on the pump which retains the injection while there is not enough air in the turbo outlet, this prevents the car from running on acceleration.
It may also be that a small part of the heat therefore of the exhaust gas flow is reduced and that the turbo is not at its best, although that will surprise me at high revs it must be mounted at 4400rpm on a flat road and normally the wesgett was to bypass some of the turbo exhaust,
These turbo normally if you make a restriction on the air filter you hear them blinking like on a truck (it turns a little faster because of the lack of air.)
But before questioning the turbo or the air filter
look at the fuel filter side The trouble was almost always there when I lost acceleration. (buy a bosch)
have you condemned the ERG valve (if there was one?) that does not mix well with the pants
Mine does the same thing it is automatic and if I attack a dimension at 1900 rpm it is soft as if it lacked diesel, it does not even smoke, I transfer it at the speed below to make it operate at 3000rpm it wakes up.
For your water consumption it is in the right figures it varies to 0,8 to 1,2 liters depending on the pipe.
Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 25/02/07, 09:58

Hello
I think your engine is too close to the engine exhaust outlet. It's not very good.
Your turbo actually gives breath to the engine from 2500rpm but it is true that it is active all the time.
In fact I think it takes some exhaust flow for it to work well.
The reactor partially obstructing the gases, the turbo reacts less well at low speed.
0 x