Philosophy: Will warming exterminate man?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/12/06, 13:55

Interesting reflection read on Our Plant Info which goes a little further than just warming.

Read also the comments at the bottom of the page ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jeandb
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Philosophy: Will warming exterminate man

by jeandb » 07/12/06, 16:20

Christophe wrote:It's a bit futuristic and cynical like Topic but I would like to know your different opinions on the issue. The question concerns a total disappearance of the human species the fact (direct or indirect) of the warming we have started ...

For my part I think that, except very serious "spontaneous" runaway, the human species (at least a very small proportion) will always manage to adapt .... it is enough to see where it started there is 30 years ...

On the other hand if new forms of contagious virulent diseases developed ... the situation would be different ...

As long as we have not been scared enough to listen to those who have a solution to solve the problem and we will not apply it is that we have to wait to be more afraid to start doing what it is should!!!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/06, 16:24

Posted on: 23 Nov 2006 04: 50 pm Post subject: Philosophy: Will warming exterminate man?

What future for the human species? What future for the planet? These were the questions raised by the 21st century dialogues organized by the Office of Foresight of UNESCO this November 25 2006.

Do you believe in coincidences? : Cheesy:

Promised spitting I was not aware of this conference when I launched Topic ... : Idea:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/12/06, 16:45

Christophe wrote:
Posted on: 23 Nov 2006 04: 50 pm Post subject: Philosophy: Will warming exterminate man?

What future for the human species? What future for the planet? These were the questions raised by the 21st century dialogues organized by the Office of Foresight of UNESCO this November 25 2006.

Do you believe in coincidences? : Cheesy:

Promised spitting I was not aware of this conference when I launched Topic ... : Idea:

Don't you want to post a subject "Euro million figures for Friday", Christophe? : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."