Curve or chart of inflation of the currency Euro or dollars

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Curve or chart of inflation of the currency Euro or dollars

by Christophe » 04/12/06, 17:54

In order to correct the oil price curves since 1995 in constant currency, I am looking for the average annual inflation rates of the Euro or the dollar between 1994 and 2005.

But I haven't found anything "good" so far ... I have this but it concerns the Euro Zone and not the currency (even if it is linked it must not be exactly the same ... )

http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/een ... 071_en.htm
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/12/06, 18:08

I'm going to be wrong!

Finally according to Wiki it is "almost" the same thing:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_euro

Subsidiary question: when inflation is more important than growth ... honesty would like us to call ca decay right? (but hush ... it says no such things ...)

I understand better pkoi I did not find a job between 2001 and 2003 ...

Subsidiary question Bis: pkoi economists do not take into account the price of real estate in inflation? (answer for not having 2-digit inflation rates, corrolar: inflation is largely undervalued)
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/12/06, 18:45

Unfortunately, I cannot answer any of your questions without falling into the purest trollism !!!

You know my ideas on economists and growth : Cheesy:
For those who don't know them, see my signature 8)
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 04/12/06, 18:52

Christophe wrote:Subsidiary question Bis: pkoi economists do not take into account the price of real estate in inflation? (answer for not having 2-digit inflation rates, corrolar: inflation is largely undervalued)

Subsidiary question ter: why are there only taking things that we do not buy for their calculations : Cry:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 04/12/06, 23:04

A little report which gives some explanations on what is happening in our society (you know these companies which have full order books, which post record profits and which lay off everything ...)

This is one of the causes of what you call christophe decay.

Be careful, if you easily lose your morale, drop this report: /

François Ruffin's report
"Too many charges, too many regulations"? This is the voice of MEDEF. However, behind Laurence Parisot, hundreds of small bosses have another word: stop finance which undermines jobs! stop the pension funds which destroy the industry!

the report page

To listen to the report

to download the report
061129.mp3

You can skip the start, it starts at 9m40s.

What strikes me especially here is that it is not syndycalists or alterglobalists who are making this speech, they are entrepreneurs, employers of small and medium businesses. It seems quite new to me as a phenomenon.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 05/12/06, 09:22

Targol wrote:Unfortunately, I cannot answer any of your questions without falling into the purest trollism !!!

You know my ideas on economists and growth : Cheesy:
For those who don't know them, see my signature 8)

Well,

growth, it is true that it is a special notion in a finite world.
Unless you throw explorers on the Moon or Mars and they develop interesting things there.

Then, even if it's difficult to swallow, the eco is the science of trade. The exchanges have always been present. In the end, you decide.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/12/06, 00:12

I did an interesting little calculation last week ... I sum up:

I compared the situation of a family, father, mother, 2 children.
provincial town in Belgium between 1986 and 2006

this friendly little family has very reasonable dreams:

buy a small house, (called "row") habitable but to repair (single glazed frame), heat it (4000 liters of fuel), own a 2.0 liter diesel car and drive 30.000 km / year
(I don't ask anyone to judge, just do math)

we pay all the amounts monthly: mortgage for the house, loan in 4 years for the car

the sum of 1986 is corrected by the consumer price index in order to be able to compare it with that of 2006. (in Belgium, wages are automatically adapted to this consumer price index)

Well, it's simple:

in 2006, it was 4 to 5000 euros + expensive per year !: 4 months salary!

I may be told that a CD player from 1986 cost 200 euros (adapted price) and that now a DVD player is 39 euros, but still, tomatoes cost 75 cents in August!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zac

by zac » 06/12/06, 00:24

elephant wrote:J
I may be told that a 1986 CD player cost 200 euros (adapted price) and that now a DVD player is 39 euros,

Hello

see my subsidiary question 3 : Mrgreen:

the price of motor yachts has also dropped but at 10 million € a piece we don't buy them every day, on the other hand the cigarettes have tripled and its every day.

inflation is only for the poor, as in all well-managed "societies".

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/12/06, 08:07

zac said:

the price of motor yachts has also dropped but at 10 million € a piece we don't buy them every day, on the other hand the cigarettes have tripled and its every day.

Phew! Good news at last !
(that said, what about the net revenues of yacht manufacturers? in the face of offshoring, etc.)

as I have said many times in the past forums from this site:
it costs less to be rich!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be