The uselessness of money

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 14/11/06, 16:49

On the site of saving research, I put an extract of an article, What is scientific doubt worth without skills? very interesting for econology and Kyot-home:

As for the link between CO2 and warming, which must, according to Mr. Allègre, be proven and tested over time, I kindly remind him that this idea dates from 1896. It was put forward by a certain Svante Arrhenius, Nobel Prize for chemistry in 1903 ("On the influence of carbonic acid in the air upon the temperature of the ground". Philosophical Magazine and Journal of Science, vol. 41, n ° 251, pp. 237-276.)

Claude Allègre would realize by reading this long article that Mr. Arrhenius was not much mistaken in predicting the effect of CO2 on temperature. Clearly, an idea from 1896 has been tested and confirmed by one hundred and ten years of measurements and calculations.

Is a decline of one hundred and ten years enough for Mr. Allègre? Or, on the grounds that there are still some imperfections in our understanding of such a complex phenomenon, should we wait another hundred and ten years for the Earth to explode?

Florent Domine is research director at CNRS

PS: Carbonic acid is a weak acid produced by the dissolution of CO2 in water
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/06, 17:20

It's called freedom of expression André ... but I think you were mistaken in the subject for your answer, right?
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"