Enough talk, ACT!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
asset
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Enough talk, ACT!

by asset » 04/11/06, 15:56

Enough talk, ACT!
Last edited by asset the 22 / 11 / 07, 17: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 04/11/06, 16:19

It is quite commendable and interesting, but one wondered what the association will do more than the many existing associations.

If not for the form, I don't know why but the colors mean I can't read the "ENTER" and a few other things on the first page.

Now a little publicity ;-) for calculations of CO2 emissions at home, there is kyot-home.com , if it is not precise enough we are quite ready to modify it.

Keep it up and good luck,

Nono
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 04/11/06, 17:16

nonoLeRobot wrote:Now a little publicity ;-) for calculations of CO2 emissions at home, there is kyot-home.com , if it is not precise enough we are quite ready to modify it.

Did you plan in your calculations the displacements of burgundy towards the treacherous albion and vice versa; and the ecological borrowing of 2 residences : Mrgreen: ?????????

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 04/11/06, 17:31

:? Perfide Zac, no I told that my accommodation in England :P dad mom need housing anyway (heated with wood).

For travel, I do well since kyot-home does not yet take transport into account, but anyway I have no car (5 min from work and shopping) and I am in a conference ( 7) so I probably overestimate my heating / electricity if I bring it back to the person.

By cons yes I have a few round trips in the year London - Burgundy.
:|

In any case it's very low your attack ;-) but it's so true: do what I say but not what I do. Having said that, I never claimed to be an example, although I don't think I was such a bad example. : Mrgreen:
0 x
zac

by zac » 04/11/06, 18:06

resalut

don't worry i don't hold it against you.
I have spent years doing 80000 km a year or more at speeds that morality condemns. : Evil:
I gave myself a good conscience by sorting out my trash cans and making my kids go boating.
Then following a big crash (60 guys on the floor, 9 million holes) I became RMIste homeless and I discovered that I was living much better.
I don't pollute anymore, life almost in autarky, and I finally have time to watch the little beasts in the garden, the corral in the lagoon, climb pantones, recycle batteries etc ......... : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Enough discussion, TAKE ACTION!

by lio74 » 04/11/06, 22:11

activo wrote:Getting informed, thinking, discussing is good, but don't you think it is now more than time to really take action?
, try to imagine a sustainable way of life and accessible to all and finally, which is a bit like the first point, invent other means of cohesion and social enhancement than work and consumption, or then direct them towards environmentally sustainable activities.

hi activo!
we see that you have rabies in the belly ... it's a nice dream of late 68 but it is still relevant !!!

how to live better without consuming and without going back to the stone age either :?: :| :?:

otherwise it makes me think that I wanted to open a subject "to communicate and to militate", in porpos of econology; but that I haven't taken the time to build it all yet ....
must change mentalities, but it does not happen suddenly ...
there are already some spots from the Ministry of Ecology which ends like: " there are no small gestures when we are 60 million to do it"
I relatively agree with that ....
on the other hand when I hear the ad: "I wash my car in the washing machine because it uses 60L of water against 200L to wash it with a jet"
I think out loud: "I don't wash my car ... it's even more economical, or it's the rain that takes care of it" : Lol:
you answer: "I don't have a car at all ..." : Lol:

finally ... meditate well on the problem (in bold above) before remaking the world 4 times ...

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/11/06, 23:09

lio74 wrote:
activo wrote:Getting informed, thinking, discussing is good, but don't you think it is now more than time to really take action?
, try to imagine a sustainable way of life and accessible to all and finally, which is a bit like the first point, invent other means of cohesion and social enhancement than work and consumption, or then direct them towards environmentally sustainable activities.

hi activo!
we see that you have rabies in the belly ... it's a nice dream of late 68 but it is still relevant !!!

I do not find that it is being late in the making to realize in 68 that humanity is going straight into the wall, that it is necessary to think of other economic models than that of eternal growth, of a increasing use of fossil fuels, and a frantic consumption of Asian products ... I would say that it is to be lucid ... and to proclaim it very high ...

PS: The site does not seem to be very cooperative with Mozilla which is a browser very appreciated by the "alter" that we are.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 05/11/06, 07:54

If you are interested, take a look at the following site:

http://jean.chamel.free.fr/o

Hello activo. Are you Jean Chamel? I see on the site that there are neither members nor status. Are you alone for now? How do you plan to finance all this and in particular the advertising campaigns?
You seem to bring something new compared to all the associations that already exist on this subject, it is this notion of club, of belonging, of members "chosen" on CV, of elite "exemplary in his behavior". And the president, or the guru if you prefer who chooses, who excludes, ..... is it you?
Me, as far as I'm concerned, I feel a hives rise ............ not you?
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by lio74 » 05/11/06, 15:31

citro wrote:I do not find it to be late in the year to realize in 68 that humanity is going straight into the wall
... I would say that it is to be lucid ... and to proclaim it very high ...

well I quote: " O is neither an association, nor a company but an organization of a new type taking again elements of these two existing structures"this is not an idea of ​​68 ...
see also thundreman's project: https://www.econologie.com/forums/projet-ecovillage-nouvelle-version-t1976.html?highlight=eco+village

Personally, I did not know May 68, but my generation, at the beginning of the 80s, we are left with the latest babacools ... well, that's what I feel when I look around me ... and my brother (15 years old) tells me point that out too ...

the 68tards were the precursors, they threw cobblestones in the face of society because they were indignant (for the most part) to see their parents bathed in luxury and spit on the backs of the proletarians who were making their fortunes !! !

yes you have to be lucid !!! but the company has already made a lot of victims ... all these junkies of overconsumption and disposable ...
the problem is that we are not lucid enough to want to take action ... the others are perhaps a little lucid but they comfort themselves well in their status ... and these say: yes there is global warming ... but it's not the end of the world right away

I insist: how to avoid returning to the Stone Age in other words, how to not completely suppress all these technologies ??
Personally, if it was up to me ... the Stone Age is not bad either ... :| : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan

next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!

MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"