To death the electric car ... and fast !!

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: To death the electric car ... and fast !!

by Ahmed » 18/12/18, 22:20

... the repetition is pedagogical ... 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: ... To death the electric car ... and quickly !!

by sen-no-sen » 18/12/18, 22:59

Exnihiloest wrote: In other cases, public transit multiplies 2 3 transport time, and adds other handicaps.

Obviously you did not work in the Paris region! : Lol:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 19/12/18, 11:10

perplex wrote:Thank you Maximus for all this info, on the hybrid, I see you're a fan ... and me too, waiting for something else, I signed :)
a ++

Hello perplex!

So this delivery is for when? :)

Personally, I approach 30000 km and 2 years of use. Average consumption at 100km in SP95-E10 = 5,1 liters (given by my Excel spreadsheet).

Energetically speaking, 5,1 liters of SP95-E10 that equals 4,1 l of GO. 1 / 3 course in town, 1 / 3 on expressway and highway, 1 / 3 on road.

I divided by 2 my consumption compared to my previous vehicle of the same weight, same dimensions, same power, same performances (or approximately).

The small world of hybrid cars is divided into two parts: that of Toyota (and Ford) with the HSD system and the other: that of the bogus hybrids.
0 x
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 19/12/18, 11:45

Hello Maximus

I went from a Duster to a NX300H, I have 1500 km, I have not tried everything yet : Lol:
I confess I am like a kid, it will happen maybe in a month ...

Conso side, no miracle, in the city the hybrid does its work, there is spectacular 5.5 l, beyond 90 km, you can if you play with the Sport mode well beyond the 8l. (195 ch, 2.5l cyl)
Remarkable car, I'm happy, I will have 70 years in 5 years, I'm not sure they will let me drive again, they will probably want me to take the bus, it's not done. : Mrgreen:

A ++
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 19/12/18, 12:39

sen-no-sen wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote: In other cases, public transit multiplies 2 3 transport time, and adds other handicaps.

But yes, very often. I often stayed at a Hotel not far from the East Station. To get from there at some distance from Place d'Italie, I went faster in the morning by car than by metro (not in the evening). Ditto for going to Rueil, in addition to the pleasure of traversing the Bonne-nouvelle / Opéra / Madeleine / Concorde / Champs-Elysées axis, and to have this little pleasure of "navigation" on the Place de l'Etoile! Royal, compared to living underground in the crowds and promiscuity.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 19/12/18, 12:56

perplex wrote:Hello Maximus

I went from a Duster to a NX300H, I have 1500 km, I have not tried everything yet : Lol:
I confess I am like a kid, it will happen maybe in a month ...

Conso side, no miracle, in the city the hybrid does its work, there is spectacular 5.5 l, beyond 90 km, you can if you play with the Sport mode well beyond the 8l. (195 ch, 2.5l cyl)
Remarkable car, I'm happy, I will have 70 years in 5 years, I'm not sure they will let me drive again, they will probably want me to take the bus, it's not done. : Mrgreen:

A ++

Formidable! :D

And 143 ch on the front plus 68 ch on the back in direct drive without clutch or gearbox ... :)

The driving prohibition for more than 70 years is not for tomorrow. There are a lot of business leaders and elected officials who would be concerned! : Lol:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 19/12/18, 14:30

Exnihiloest wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:

But yes, very often. I often stayed at a Hotel not far from the East Station. To get from there at some distance from Place d'Italie, I went faster in the morning by car than by metro (not in the evening). Ditto for going to Rueil, in addition to the pleasure of traversing the Bonne-nouvelle / Opéra / Madeleine / Concorde / Champs-Elysées axis, and to have this little pleasure of "navigation" on the Place de l'Etoile! Royal, compared to living underground in the crowds and promiscuity.

In 1960 I presume?
I lived 6 years in the Paris region, to go from North to South of Paris it takes on average and during business hours between 1h when it rolls at 2h30 peak (kind on Friday night).
Overall to go from 93 to the center of Paris (Notre Dame) is 30 min RER (8 in the morning) easily against 1h in the car, not to mention the time required for parking!
The RERs are efficiency models, in point period it is up to 1800 people who are transported in one fell swoop or the replacement of about 1200 particular cars.
0 x
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 19/12/18, 14:41

sen-no-sen wrote:

The RERs are efficiency models, in point period it is up to 1800 people who are transported in one fell swoop or the replacement of about 1200 particular cars.

Uh ... I take it from time to time, we are closer to the transport of livestock than anything else, if you want I have photos ...

But you're right, it's very effective : Lol:
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 19/12/18, 15:07

Exnihiloest wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:

Without living in Paris (although I have traveled quite a bit) I have been confronted with traffic jams and traffic in the city, and SMALL cities are not at all free of traffic jams that waste a lot of time.

To be fair the travel times must be calculated in DOOR TO DOOR.
In any case that's how bosses judge your time of arrival at your office or the customer at the correct time of appointment

A Aix Marseille (for example) can be done very easily and quickly BUT a door to door Aix Marseille is a different story.

Idem in Paris or everywhere else, the social level or the working conditions have a big impact on this time of travel DOOR TO DOOR

From a private parking (square or garage) in Marseille to another private parking in Aix we can easily win 30mn if not more

Same from a personal private location to another professional private location.

But in the case of public sites, whether private or professional there with regard to the DOOR TO DOOR it is again a different story

Last component: COST.

Some will park on the public domain fee, others will not be able to afford it every day as part of their work and will have to park further thus putting more time to go door to door to the door. entrance to their office.

In Paris, the costs of using a private car can also be unbalanced in favor of public transport, if they are crowded or if one has to face promiscuity (yuck : Mrgreen: ) of his fellow citizens ...

Some even ignore the car.

In short everyone is not equal in front of public transport because of multiple factors.

That being said, as a 2 wheels lover, it is easy to see what I think is the fastest and most efficient means of transportation in the city for those who do not have a special obligation not to use it.

Of course, it is the least public means of transport promoted by public authorities when it is not targeted.

Go figure.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 19/12/18, 15:44

nico239 wrote:Without living in Paris (although I have traveled quite a bit) I have been confronted with traffic jams and traffic in the city, and SMALL cities are not at all free of traffic jams that waste a lot of time.

It's quite normal considering the number of private vehicles, most cities a fortiori the centers are not able to absorb such a flow of vehicles.

perplex wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:

Uh ... I take it from time to time, we are closer to the transport of livestock than anything else, if you want I have photos ...

But you're right, it's very effective : Lol:

Thank you I have my dose, but between a livestock and 1h bottling I prefer the first solution.
What is more, in the end I rarely found myself in "human compaction" situations, sometimes it takes place at half an hour to avoid the worst.
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."