Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Moindreffor » 18/12/18, 16:22

and yes all con
the worms come out believing they are fleeing from an underground predator
https://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/nature- ... terre_4323
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 18/12/18, 17:32

Moindreffor wrote:and yes all con

There, it is a question of "nematodes", smooth worms. Which have nothing to do with the "true verses" which interest us, which are annelids... (whether epigeal or anecic or endogeic)

[many nematodes are root parasites, others are used in "biocontrol" against worms, caterpillars, slugs... Finally, among the smooth worms, some are famous in my childhood, which we have lost some view: tapeworm, ascaris...]
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/12/18, 17:38

Moindreffor wrote:I found that by looking a little

Ah yes. There, few doubts!

So I said something stupid!!!
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 18/12/18, 19:39

there are different ways to cause vibrations that bring out the worms, used by fishermen... (personally I've never had great success using this technique... probably not used in the right place at the right time).

An electric current also works very well! but be careful : Shock:

small video of a device
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/12/18, 19:49

Did67 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:and yes all con

There, it is a question of "nematodes", smooth worms. Which have nothing to do with the "true verses" which interest us, which are annelids... (whether epigeal or anecic or endogeic)

[many nematodes are root parasites, others are used in "biocontrol" against worms, caterpillars, slugs... Finally, among the smooth worms, some are famous in my childhood, which we have lost some view: tapeworm, ascaris...]

didn't pay attention to the term nematode, I was focused on the terms worms and on the assumption that worms flee from moles, but sometimes the techniques of escape actually show the weak point of the prey vis-à-vis the predator who knew exploit this weakness
the green woodpeckers tap on the trunks to bring out their prey and at home they make holes in the lawn to look for worms, it makes small deep cones of 1 or 2 cm sometimes more
0 x
(of me)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/12/18, 20:33

Yes, predators also adapt to the protective behaviors of their prey...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 19/12/18, 02:03

Oui Bouché evoked somewhere this technique of fishermen who stamped their feet to get the worms out.

The behavior seems, it is true, at first glance, somewhat paradoxical: the mole - if it is the mole they believe they are fleeing - does not a priori come out to the surface but on the other hand they expose themselves in doing so to other predators such as birds, predators that they usually avoid encountering by only partially exposing themselves (they only stick out part of their body to catch the leaves and throw the casting, this is surely what explains the technique requiring vivacity to extract the earthworm mentioned in the video) and at night.

If this is the calculation made, it must be believed that moles are a real danger for them! But all of this is based on ethological considerations that deserve to be confirmed or invalidated with interest...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 19/12/18, 08:36

to be chafoin wrote:Oui Bouché evoked somewhere this technique of fishermen who stamped their feet to get the worms out.

The behavior seems, it is true, at first glance, somewhat paradoxical: the mole - if it is the mole they believe they are fleeing - does not a priori come out to the surface but on the other hand they expose themselves in doing so to other predators such as birds, predators that they usually avoid encountering by only partially exposing themselves (they only stick out part of their body to catch the leaves and throw the casting, this is surely what explains the technique requiring vivacity to extract the earthworm mentioned in the video) and at night.

If this is the calculation made, it must be believed that moles are a real danger for them! But all of this is based on ethological considerations that deserve to be confirmed or invalidated with interest...

I don't think worms run away from birds, for animals that live in the ground and are blind, birds don't exist in my opinion, and they only run away from ground predators and yet I think more than that is a physical reaction to vibrations than a real escape tactic, hence its absurdity with regard to birds

then they only come out at night, when the birds are sleeping, and when the humidity is higher and the temperature lower, in addition they rarely go for a walk perhaps just to mate, a worm should not have the adventurous spirit without a real motivation

I will test the mustard for my part, hitting the ground with a big stick requires too much energy, I have to find the right location
0 x
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 19/12/18, 12:00

Perhaps, in any case, if indeed they go up because of the vibrations, then the machines which work the ground during the plowing or other scratching must make a carnage...

Are these the worms that seagulls eat by following hundreds of tractors?
Last edited by to be chafoin the 19 / 12 / 18, 12: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 19/12/18, 12:14

Dance tactic:

It seems that it doesn't require so much energy, just a story of rhythm (?)...
1 x