Easypell boiler adjustment

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Phil31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Easypell boiler setting

by Phil31 » 10/12/18, 10:28

Hello everyone,

I am having difficulty adjusting the temperature of my easypel boiler. Someone could explain:
The hysteresis, the compensation on the electronic box and the compensation on the thermostat of so.de interior.
Goods.
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 11/12/18, 23:28

Sorry I'm not good enough to explain this to you.
I have more or less the same questions. After having finally found my fixed point, I wonder if I should reset a compensation for the room thermostat or if I leave it on 0. Is there any interest in this compensation and if so which one?

Thank you in advance
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 12/12/18, 07:39

@ Thomas80: As long as you are looking for your water law, you must leave the compensation at 0.

Didier will be able to explain it better than me, but once the water law has been found, compensation allows the boiler to correct the temperature sent to your heating circuit in case it gets too hot (sun, fireplace, friends) or too cold.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/12/18, 08:45

If I understand correctly, this compensation at 0 indicates that the room thermostat is not activated.
It is indeed the water law which is to be regulated in the first place, in fact.
We are starting a small period of cold, -2 this morning, - 5 announced on Saturday at my house, it will be time to check if it is properly adjusted. The set temperature should increase, while the interior temperature should not change too much if not correct the curve. http://www.alec-nancy.fr/wp-content/upl ... fe-web.pdf
With radiators, it can be 50 ° by -10 outside, it all depends on the size and the losses.
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 12/12/18, 13:44

Ok thank you Pilpoill.
I think I have finished my water law settings. Finally I will readjust it in periods of more intense cold.

@izentrop: yes we must first set the water law and set the compensation to 0 (not like me : Cheesy: )
0 x
Phil31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Phil31 » 14/12/18, 15:14

Thank you, for the info, I will follow your advice for the settings
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/12/18, 16:22

Thomas80 wrote:Sorry I'm not good enough to explain this to you.
I have more or less the same questions. After having finally found my fixed point, I wonder if I should reset a compensation for the room thermostat or if I leave it on 0. Is there any interest in this compensation and if so which one?

Thank you in advance

Yes, once the settings are finished, the regulation knows how it must increase the starting temperature of the water in the circuit so that the interior temperature remains stable, for your own house [each house "leaks" differently, if you want Bear in mind that heating consists of compensating for the leakage of calories due to the outside cold).

We then put back the room sensor, if there is one (because a climatic regulation by external sensor can regulate the heating without interior sensor if it is bine regulated), because in certain cases, this mechanical way of compensating for the leaks may be slightly erroneous:

a) the weather is very nice outside; you have bay windows; the sun heats the room but the outside sensor (placed on the north side) does not pick up any of this; so the regulation sends calories as if there were no these intakes

b) you cook a turkey in a 3 W oven; this heat dissipates in the house: the outside sensor does not know

c) then you have 12 friends, each dissipates 100 W; the outside sensor doesn't know ...

In all these cases, the room sensor notices that it is too hot, and by means of a "feedback" loop, corrects the calculation made by the regulation; the starting temperature is lowered; hence savings.

Conversely, in non-BBC, poorly sealed houses, a cold wind creates air leaks, so it cools more than calculated by the regulation. IT would be colder. Walls dampened by rain are another (non-thermal) factor that creates greater loss of calories than detected by the probe. In these cases, the room sensor notices the deviation and corrects upwards. It will consume more, but the desired temperature will be more or less reached.
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 19/12/18, 21:08

Ok thank you for the very clear explanations Did 67. I think I have understood correctly.

My water law settings are finished (some adjustments in very cold weather later).
However I find that my consumption of pellets is really important compared to my consumption of fuel before.

Over a year I consumed around 2300 L of fuel (with DHW production). By looking at the energy contributions of fuel and pellets, we have the equivalence between 1L of fuel for 2 kg of pellets approximately (1 L of fuel approximately 10 kwh and 1 kg of pellets 5kwh).
I therefore estimated my consumption of pellets at 2300 * 2 = 4600 kg (knowing that my boiler no longer produces DHW).

Before setting my water law I consumed about 180 kg of pellets per week with outside temperatures of 8-10 ° C. If you consider that I heat approximately 33 weeks minimum (from the end of October to the beginning of May) and that it is 8-10 ° C all winter long, it gives a consumption of 180 * 33 = 5 kg. I tell myself that by adjusting my water law it will drop but even after the adjustments, I am on a consumption of 940 kg per week (it was between 230 and 0 ° C last week). This worries me enough.

I brought in my heating engineer who does not understand why and according to him it is not a combustion problem because the ashes are normal (no clinker, ...). And he goes away.

I'm trying to think about why but I'm a little lost.
I find that the boiler starts quite often (without being able to tell you precisely the number of times in a day).

I have cast iron radiators (ground floor) and steel radiators (1st) and no floor heating so if I send hotter water the radiators will heat the room faster and will the boiler turn less? I already read on the forum that to lower your consumption you have to lower your starting temperature as much as possible but I admit that I don't really know what to try. : roll:

Thank you for your answers.
Being aware of the difficulty of my question without knowing the installation perfectly, I would obviously answer all your questions. : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/12/18, 09:00

Do not be fooled by the "leeway" associated with optimizing the settings. This does not fundamentally change the situation! Even if an incorrectly adjusted curve can lead to an internal temperature much higher than the setpoint in extreme cold - so what, indeed, the leaks are accelerating! But you can imagine that when you are 23 ° by - 5 ° outside. There you can lose 20%!

Consumption is first and foremost related to the loss of calories from home. It depends above all on factors: surfaces, insulation, desired temperature ... All depending on the external temperature. And winters follow one another but are not at all alike! Do not compare this winter to the average of others - it can vary by 50%. And even less one "end" of winter to another.

What you can do, and which is already much more representative, is compare the "consumption / DJU" ratio (the DJU is a climatic parameter that certain weather sites give you, and which roughly measures the "demand for calories" in depending on the temperature; you can take a look at the nearest station).

Basically, the consumer follows the DJU.

If then, between the two systems, you deviate significantly from the ratio 1 l / 2 kg, there is a problem. Also pay attention to the quality of your pellets. Very dry conifers reach 5 kWh / kg. Hardwoods don't. And that drops as soon as the humidity rises. The Din + or A1 standard, without further clarification, guarantees "only" 4,6 kWh / kg (even if contractually, by labeling / display, many manufacturers display 5 kWh / kg).
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 26/12/18, 15:32

late October to early May, i.e. November, December, January, February, March, April. So 6 months.
there are 13 weeks per trimester, therefore 26 weeks.
180x26 = 4680 kg
We can still say that April is only half a month but maybe you are already heating up in October which is also half a month.
All in all, there is hope :)

What did you have to put as a slope and as a coeff?
0 x