Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by VetusLignum » 12/12/18, 13:14

VetusLignum wrote:
Another example: the south of Spain is becoming desertified; deforestation and erosion have been raging for centuries, and this continues today, if only because of certain agricultural practices. And yet, when an exotic species (the alliant) helps us to green these areas, we do not understand our luck.
https://www.granadahoy.com/granada/inva ... 33992.html

In fact, it ties in with what you said elsewhere.
The man, who, in his "megalomania" (I prefer this term to "mythomania") does not see the long time, and does not understand the logic of life.
Ditto for the increase in the level of carbon in the air; for me it is a chance, not a problem; and the only valid (win-win) approach to avoid the inconvenience is to re-green the soil wherever possible, and protect the soil from erosion. Living and functional soils will help fight hunger, and what comes of it: wars and migration.
And who knows, the fact of having extracted the carbon from the subsoil may save us from a future glaciation.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/18, 14:23

When I talk about ecology, or ecological, I mean science. Not activists who claim it ...

Now, philosophically speaking, I'm not sure if one reasoning is to "allow yourself if it existed before". It seems to me to be a wrong turn! One of the many characteristics of living is not to go back! Some recipes are preserved, through the survivors. We still use the ancestral mechanisms of photosynthesis, respiration, fermentation ... But dinosaurs, trilobites, amanita and millions and millions of extinct species have not returned: the living continued on its way, and with the same recipes, he made other species, which took the place ...

Philosophically, it's quite difficult if you want to think carefully!
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/18, 14:37

Some time ago, I "scratched" a YouTuber, who found that his vegetables were the "top". Everything was, for him, "top"!

It might sound presumptuous. This morning, I took some photos to illustrate an article I was writing. I took the opportunity to "illustrate" the state of my "poor" PP with a few photos ... All taken this morning. The salads are in the greenhouse, to which I still have not put the doors back. There it is watered. The chews or spinach, outside, were only used after sowing, with the "bottom of the vats" ...

DSC_0371.JPG

DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0366.JPG

DSC_0369.JPG

DSC_0361.JPG

DSC_0364.JPG

Okay, sure, I admit: it's not glorious or charitable to make fun of ... I shouldn't have. [But admit, he didn't have to be so proud!]
1 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 12/12/18, 15:23

Did67 wrote:When I talk about ecology, or ecological, I mean science. Not activists who claim it ...

Now, philosophically speaking, I'm not sure if one reasoning is to "allow yourself if it existed before". It seems to me to be a wrong turn! One of the many characteristics of living is not to go back! Some recipes are preserved, through the survivors. We still use the ancestral mechanisms of photosynthesis, respiration, fermentation ... But dinosaurs, trilobites, amanita and millions and millions of extinct species have not returned: the living continued on its way, and with the same recipes, he made other species, which took the place ...

Philosophically, it's quite difficult if you want to think carefully!

You say that nature is constantly evolving, and I do not disagree with that.
What annoys me, on the contrary, is the fact of not wanting to see that ecosystems have evolved, and continue to evolve.
It is also the propensity of man to hate everything that nature does for itself, and that it has not decided or does not control. Like the multiplication of earthworms in Canadian forests, or that of winged ones in Spain.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/18, 16:06

Acting in "reaction" rarely gives good results.

So if the "status quo", the "one does not touch nature" is a questionable behavior, and in any case, untenable for the man except massive collective suicide (I speak here of billions of people), the the opposite is not smarter ... Can we deforest without restraint? Because after all, "desertification" has existed during the cycles of the earth and therefore it has existed ... Can we, without thinking, deforest ??? Invasives pose other problems. The southern Spanish "desert" is, if you look closely, an ecosystem, with very specific, adapted species. I do not know the situation in Spain, I know it in Namibia, with insects, lizards, ground beetles, oryx remarkably adapted to the Namib desert, one of the driest in the world ... Is it necessary, in the name of what besides, the "green". Which means "to kill" all these species which in another system will no longer have their place.

You see that one or the other attitude is equal to absurdity.

And that is why I was satisfied, because it could be discussed for centuries, with a laconic: "it is a difficult problem!"

Let's talk about the vegetable garden, if you want. I propose a model with "high labor productivity and low anthropization / high biodiversity". But anthropization all the same, I have repeated it many times in front of those who only have the word "natural vegetable garden" in their mouths!
3 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/12/18, 16:45

Did67 wrote:Some time ago, I "scratched" a YouTuber, who found that his vegetables were the "top". Everything was, for him, "top"!

It might sound presumptuous. This morning, I took some photos to illustrate an article I was writing. I took the opportunity to "illustrate" the state of my "poor" PP with a few photos ... All taken this morning. The salads are in the greenhouse, to which I still have not put the doors back. There it is watered. The chews or spinach, outside, were only used after sowing, with the "bottom of the vats" ...

Okay, sure, I admit: it's not glorious or charitable to make fun of ... I shouldn't have. [But admit, he didn't have to be so proud!]

Just an info for the date of sowing lamb's lettuce?

Thank you
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/12/18, 16:48

Did67 wrote:Acting in "reaction" rarely gives good results.

So if the "status quo", the "one does not touch nature" is a questionable behavior, and in any case, untenable for the man except massive collective suicide (I speak here of billions of people), the the opposite is not smarter ... Can we deforest without restraint? Because after all, "desertification" has existed during the cycles of the earth and therefore it has existed ... Can we, without thinking, deforest ??? Invasives pose other problems. The southern Spanish "desert" is, if you look closely, an ecosystem, with very specific, adapted species. I do not know the situation in Spain, I know it in Namibia, with insects, lizards, ground beetles, oryx remarkably adapted to the Namib desert, one of the driest in the world ... Is it necessary, in the name of what besides, the "green". Which means "to kill" all these species which in another system will no longer have their place.

You see that one or the other attitude is equal to absurdity.

And that is why I was satisfied, because it could be discussed for centuries, with a laconic: "it is a difficult problem!"

Let's talk about the vegetable garden, if you want. I propose a model with "high labor productivity and low anthropization / high biodiversity". But anthropization all the same, I have repeated it many times in front of those who only have the word "natural vegetable garden" in their mouths!

We can assume that it takes a bit of everything without imbalance (I'm talking about the planet).

The main thing is to locate the point of NO imbalance
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/12/18, 17:01

Bern: an exhibition that allows you to listen to our floors

https://www.rts.ch/play/tv/19h30/video/ ... 0446cdf8da
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/18, 17:10

nico239 wrote:
Just an info for the date of sowing lamb's lettuce?

Thank you

I'm trying to find the notebook!

It was still drought. I cleared the hay, scraped the area with a gardening rake, threw the seeds, cut the rake and copiously trampled it all. Then sprinkle lightly from time to time until emergence.
1 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 12/12/18, 17:56

big white jelly this morning.

The few scaroles that remain have their leaves become translucent, as if they had lost their substance ... I suppose that it is no longer consumable?
should we have covered?
0 x