Burn pellets in a log stove?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/10/11, 11:27

I started by trying any kind of grid basket or other form in wire ... it works a little, but it often smokes ... it leaves charcoal in the ashes

to improve I added a fan, and test trial I have removed any grid: I think the forging fire the hottest possible is the right solution, and in addition it burns really anything: ca is not limited to the good quality pelet

only inconvenient to stay at a simple thing must be put out at least once a day to remove the machefer ... with automatic extraction of machefer ca becomes a real boiler

this fire of forge managed to burn crushed wood even dry but it is not to do because it does not make a miracle, it smokes ... it is necessary as always to burn only well dry
0 x
Christophe

Re: Burning pellets in a log stove?

by Christophe » 20/11/18, 23:53

A DIY made in 3 minutes based on a grid of domestic fan and a tin to burn wood pellets in his chimney. This is of course much less fun than a fire but it really heats a lot and it is much less ash.

0 x