Yellow Vests: Is the call of the November 17 justified? #GiletsJaunes

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: The November 17 call is justified?

by perseus » 20/11/18, 17:36

Hello,

nico239 wrote:In France the movement should not continue, tactically it is not the right solution.

I doubt that the movement will continue. The initial bases had their points of weakness. Despite what is being said now, fuel increases were a trigger. And that has its limits. And even if it means making people jump, from what I see at the moment, it looks like depending on the site: either the demonstration of white rural France, or an improvised festive ZAD.

The question of over-taxation, can obviously be understood, but quickly the debate would arise about what expenses we remove if we lower such tax, where what tax we re-created ... and here I doubt a real homogeneity movement on these issues.

On the other hand, these events tend to show that a somewhat new breeding ground for protest is forming which would be likely for certain to consider new strategies for the aggregation of discontent. And I'm not sure I like the rest.

The power hardly fears any more this kind of demonstration (in the sense I move), on the PRACTICAL level.

I assure you that he fears them, it is no coincidence that there has been an attempt at demining (however ineffective it may have been).

@+
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/11/18, 19:41

Perseus wrote:The question of over-taxation, can obviously be understood, but quickly the debate would arise about what expenses we remove if we lower such tax, where what tax we re-created ... and here I doubt a real homogeneity movement on these issues.

Yesterday evening, newspaper of France 2, interview of yellow vests on a rather rural roundabout: some complained that to make a radio, it was necessary to travel 50 km, another that the disabled allowance was not enough, of others from the lack of public transport ...

In short, public services (operating at costs greater than resources - if the hospital is 50 km away, it is for reasons of "profitability"). Solving these problems requires ... taxes!
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/11/18, 19:45

nico239 wrote:In France the movement should not continue, tactically it is not the right solution.

It starts to bitch on the side of some who are upset in the exercise of their profession: the companion of my son, nurse, tastes; my wife, who brings disabled people in a CAT (the new name escapes me) ... Especially since at certain roundabouts, a dozen people can lay down the law ...
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/11/18, 19:45

Perseus wrote:I assure you that he fears them, it is no coincidence that there has been an attempt at demining (however ineffective it may have been).

@+

Honestly, I think that, on the contrary, violence suits power ...

A rigorous movement which would not harm the public but which would spread its ideas would be much more to be feared for the authorities ...

But now that the truckers are getting down to it ... : Shock:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/11/18, 19:49

Did67 wrote:

It starts to bitch on the side of some who are upset in the exercise of their profession: the companion of my son, nurse, tastes; my wife, who brings disabled people in a CAT (the new name escapes me) ... Especially since at certain roundabouts, a dozen people can lay down the law ...

Flexible, educational and peaceful filtering: sharing instead of confrontation would be so much more productive.

Supermarkets and city centers accessible but surveyed by groups of yellow vests discussing with the population and spreading ideas ... sweet dream ... : roll:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/11/18, 20:15

The cow: https://www.lemonde.fr/idees/article/20 ... _3232.html

"Yellow vests": "This France which manifests is not devoid of opportunities"

The State does not adapt quickly enough to the demand of projects rising from non-metropolitan territories, analyzes the economist and geographer Frédéric Gilli in a forum in the “World”.

I didn't understand any of these 2 sentences ... and you? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/11/18, 20:31

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/11/18, 21:59

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/11/18, 21:59

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/11/18, 22:29

Reunion in the hands of chaos

But at the same time, on Reunion Island, the paralysis caused by the movement of yellow vests for four days continues to turn into a nightmare. The French island is facing an outbreak of violence such as it had not experienced for nearly thirty years and which has largely gone beyond the question of purchasing power. "The evolution of the movement is intolerable: road blockages during the day turn into urban violence at night", denounced Tuesday evening the Minister of Overseas Annick Girardin, referring to violence committed by "young people who do not" have nothing to do with the yellow vests ”.

Despite a curfew decreed by the prefecture, new incidents broke out on Tuesday evening, in particular at Chaudron, a popular district of Saint-Denis-de-La-Réunion. A large area was looted and cars set on fire. Burned cars, burned shops, racketed and stoned motorists: the incidents of the night from Monday to Tuesday had already led the prefect Amaury of Saint-Quentin to establish a partial curfew on Tuesday in half of the municipalities of the island.

(...)
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"