Prepare the exit ...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Prepare the way out ...

by Ahmed » 27/10/18, 20:19

Marx said about this: "Men make history, but not the one they believe".
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/10/18, 21:06

izentrop wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote: the regulation will not come from the decision of the political world, economic or consumer but again, and those since 13,7 billions of years, laws of statistical mechanics ...
You seem to exonerate the responsibility of the man. : Shock:

You note rightly the following thing:
It might be possible, but do not dream, we are at the 23 COP and nothing has changed.

And nothing will change until blood and tears are among us ...
As said Jean Yanne :"Everyone wants to save the planet, but no one wants to take the trash out!".
Exponential Economism by satisfying our thirst for energy dissipation and by extension our (temporary) chances of survival to engender a profound alienation in the human race: namely that without the extraordinary growth of this one, none of us could contemplate the world because we are all children of the anthropotechnical system*.
However, a growing number of people realize that this same system is now threatening the ecological balance and endangering all living things on earth.
From this dichotomy results an increasingly alarmist speech coupled with total apathy, we should give up a model that has seen our advent, cruel dilemma!
Thus, since the 70 years, we feed on studies more worrying than the other and crowds of international symposia end up in fish tail ...
We must not dream until the direct effects of the processes initiated since the industrial revolution have not greatly impacted our way of life (ie, it will be too late) we will not make effective common decisions.

To quote the quote Ahmed / Marx :the human being does not think but he thinksthat is to say, it is only a reflection of the determinisms that cross it.
If humanity wants to survive, we must become aware of the causes of our misfortunes in order to be able to shape our future.
For the moment we do not decide anything, we follow the path traced by the technologismthis is why I often insist on the principle that the current ecocide is a normal thing and not accidental.

*The exception may be some remote tribes of the world.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/10/18, 21:34

It goes without saying, indeed, that the damage is not limited to what is external to us (and which affects us less!), But also affects us through our psyches: they modify them in the sense of an acceptance or , at least a cognitive dissonance. We would like to keep this immediate comfort zone without understanding how much it is limited in space and time and conceals its own contradiction.
Small anecdote: following a conference ofHérvé Kempf, one speaker expressed his agreement on the need to do something, but on the condition that it does not affect his standard of living!
May I allow myself to quote again Bossuet? "God laughs at those who deplore the consequences of which they cherish the causes"
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/10/18, 23:48

1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/11/18, 12:08

Blamont reminds the freshwater problems that cause current and future wars. Groundwater and fossil fuels pumped to the point of exhaustion, cultivated soils that are less and less productive, particularly in India because of soil salinization, and the decline in the level of certain water tables are commonplace in some regions. http://www.momagri.org/FR/articles/L-In ... s_249.html

These millions of climate refugees that will soon break. Problems that accumulate exponentially, that everyone (or almost) has in mind here.
He proposes the federation of all the networks in the same direction, even the religions. Spirituality must not be an obstacle (Servigne agrees and outbid). He was surprised by the irrational fear of nuclear energy by the youth ... Nobody has identified but it is essential for the transition by its absence of carbon emission. He also says that capitalism is not the problem, completely agree, it is in the nature of man the need to possess.

I prefer the federation to the decline that would lead to the abandonment of knowledge acquired and return to tribal wars.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/11/18, 12:58

He also says that capitalism is not the problem, completely agree, it is in the nature of man the need to possess.

The need to possess has become the nature of man under the domination of capitalism ... Nuance!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/11/18, 13:03

izentrop wrote:I prefer the federation to the decline that would lead to the abandonment of knowledge acquired and return to tribal wars.

There is no opposite to both.
For you the decline would be the return to the cave age? : Lol:
Decay if it is part of a socio-political process is certainly the best way to avoid war ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/11/18, 19:58

In the "Manifesto of the Communist Party" of 1848 (Marx-Engels), it is written:
The bourgeoisie has played an eminently revolutionary role in history.

Wherever it has conquered power, it has trampled on feudal, patriarchal and idyllic relations *. All the complex and varied links which unite feudal man to his "natural superiors", she broke them mercilessly so as to leave no other link, between man and man, than cold interest, the harsh "cash payment" requirements. It drowned the sacred shivers of religious ecstasy, of chivalrous enthusiasm, of petty-bourgeois sentimentality in the icy waters of selfish calculation. She made personal dignity a simple exchange value; it substituted for the many freedoms, so dearly won, the unique and pitiless freedom of commerce. In short, in place of the exploitation masked by religious and political illusions, it has put open, shameless, direct, brutal exploitation.

This to follow my previous and terse message.

* It is necessary to understand by this last term the affective relations.
0 x