Wind power: for or against the wind?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind: for or against the wind?

by moinsdewatt » 11/11/18, 22:51

Commercial commissioning of the Inter Deux Bos wind farm in France

Boralex inc. Nov. 06, 2018,

Boralex inc. is pleased to announce the commercial commissioning of the Inter Deux Bos wind farm located in the Pas-de-Calais department in France.

"The launch of Inter Deux Bos strengthens Boralex's presence in France and positions the Company advantageously to benefit from increased operational synergies in the future," said Patrick Lemaire, Boralex's President and Chief Executive Officer. "This commissioning also precedes those of four other wind farms in France, Hauts de Comble, Noyers Bucamps, Le Pelon and Côteaux du Blaiseron, all of which are scheduled to be commissioned by the end of the year. "

The Inter Deux Bos wind farm, which includes 10 wind turbines totaling 33 MW, This is in addition to the 799 MW already operated by Boralex in France and the 1 820 MW under its control around the world. The project is expected to generate 6 million in Boralex's annualized EBITDA (or 9 $ Cdn).

The wind farm has a price-indexed electricity purchase contract with Electricité de France (EDF) for a period of 15 years, which came into effect on 24 last September. Throughout its operation, the park will supply approximately 30 000 households with electricity annually and avoid the emission of approximately 4 500 tonnes of CO2 per year.

https://www.newswire.ca/fr/news-release ... 78271.html

https://www.evwind.es/2018/11/06/commer ... ance/65099
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/11/18, 09:18

0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 24/11/18, 11:53

I do not know the legal ins and outs of this text ...

It would be nice if we had an expert on the question that gives us (as always) another light, even 2 or 3 others.

Presented as it is obviously scandalous.

Curious that the text is not corrected at least his typo (30000 per month instead of per year at the beginning), would not there be a .... wolf? Image
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/11/18, 22:09

nico239 wrote:Curious that the text is not corrected at least his typo (30000 per month instead of per year at the beginning), would not there be a .... wolf?
30 000 € per year is already a good offer, in 2013, it was about 6000 € gross. If I owned a piece of land, I would still hesitate with what it exposes http://chateau.guibert-les.pineaux-thor ... tique.html

Still, I have 4 windmill fields near my home and I see a lot more in distant horizons. The municipalities that have it on their land are happy to have a return of taxes.
There are already rust in a neighboring village. As long as we do not get to that in 20 years?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/11/18, 01:31

Ok but if it's a scam ... : Shock:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/11/18, 09:18

It became so because under the guise of "ecology" we gave a fictitious value to the electricity produced, which made tilt in the minds of investors. As JMJ says, with the money wasted, we could have offered each French person insulation and heat pump.

For the "wood energy" law, I think it is worse because it has encouraged to waste the wood resource, even if it is "renewable", but on a too long time scale to avoid the wall.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 25/11/18, 18:54

"The law asks us to provide for the dismantling of the wind turbine. We are making provision for 50 euros. Because after 000 years, a wind turbine is at the end of its life.
OKAY. So I brought several specialized companies. For a 200 wind turbine meters high, the minimum cost is 450 000 euros per wind turbine."

Here. Everything is said about wind power. More expensive to dismantle than nuclear, and it will never be done, because when we will not need it, or it will not be subsidized, we will not find anybody with the means to do it!
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 25/11/18, 21:33

https://ppe.debatpublic.fr/pertinence-du-provisionnement-du-demantelement-eoliennes
Response from Contracting Authority, 16 / 08 / 2018
Most of the cost of dismantling onshore wind turbines is related to the mobilization costs of the specific crane tools made necessary, the number of which in France remains limited to date. In fact, the amount of dismantling by wind turbine is even lower than the fleet is composed of a large number of machine. In addition, as part of a repowering project, this amount is included in the implementation of new wind turbines.
In France, the number of dismantling cases remains limited. Nonetheless, experience feedback from 1er operations performed on machines that have suffered incidents (fire on the nacelle, for example), show that the overall cost of dismantling a wind turbine does not exceed the amount of the 50 000 financial guarantee. € per turbine, taking into account profits from the recovery of certain materials.
In the future, the structuring of a waste sector specific to wind energy and technical progress in machine design, which will increase the proportion of reusable materials, will further reduce dismantling costs.
With regard to the depth of excavation of the foundations, it should be noted that it is possible for the owner of the land, in the context of the lease of his land to the wind farm operator, to set in a private law more stringent than those provided for in the rules

after it will certainly be more interesting to renovate, replacing the turbine and it's gone for 20 years?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/11/18, 13:51

Thibr, you write:
With regard to the depth of excavation of the foundations, it should be noted that it is possible for the owner of the land, in the context of the lease of his land to the wind farm operator, to set in a private law more stringent than those provided by the regulations.

I strongly recommend to those who would be inclined to follow this advice to take care to have the convention written on paper peel or soft enough, so that in case of failure of the managing company said wind turbines, there remains at least one use possible for this paper ... : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
dap35
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by dap35 » 28/11/18, 17:14

From my point of view,
Do not generalize, and be wary of communicating unverified numbers.
For the side, all investors are foreign
There are citizen wind projects, where we can even come together through "cicadas" to bring together investors. It takes willpower, but it is quite possible.
There are also many projects or they are local investors.

And wind turbines produce 25% of the time? Where does this figure come from?
0 x