Electric car sales "explode" ...

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Electric car sales "explode" ...

by Christophe » 28/10/18, 11:00

It's a very relative explosion ... when you start from 0 it's always more impressive ... in relative terms ...

Voiture_electriques_ventes_2017.jpg
Cars_electric_sales_2017.jpg (97.88 KIO) Viewed 5211 times

"The future of mobility is the electric car", announced Carlos Ghosn yesterday on the eve of the Paris Motor Show. The head of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance is indeed stepping up its electric strategy with the launch of the K-ZE model, tailor-made for the Chinese market, the world's largest market for this segment.

Data from Statista's Mobility Market Outlook 2018 also reports a strong increase in the number of EVs in the EU in recent years, from 24 737 cars sold in 2013 to 97 733 in 2017. The five countries with the most sales last year are France, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Austria. Most of these countries experienced a sharp increase in 2017 due to the release of new electric car models.

Germany experienced the strongest growth with a two-fold increase in sales between 2016 and 2017 (from 11 449 to 24 912 units). It almost catches France who is market leader with 26 135 vehicles sold. Although the number of vehicles sold has increased significantly, plug-in electric vehicles still represent a small market share. The Netherlands leads with a share of 2,08%, followed by Austria (1,54%) and France (1,16%).

Source: https://fr.weforum.org/agenda/2018/10/l ... 8f1bf07a6/
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric car sales "explode" ...

by Forhorse » 28/10/18, 21:25

So I do not know if it's because I'm interested more than before or if it's really because it starts to have more than before, but for example I cross zoe quite regularly.
I also have the chance to live in a department that does not hurt for electric mobility, there is at least one charging station in all the villages of the department (finally the village of at least 500 inhabitants must not be abused .. .) unlike the neighboring department where I work and that does not have this policy, well I cross VE more often by my home. Moreover, the terminals are starting to be used ... it is no more parking space constantly deserted. From time to time there are EVs in charge.
I may conclude that the charging infrastructure is an incentive to switch to EV. People seem to wait until terminals are implanted to switch to electrical ...
Other observation, it is also only my opinion ... but I have the impression that now the manufacturers really believe in the EV and are active in making them concretely usable and commercially "interesting" whereas before they made well-sabotaged prototypes whose goal was to show that EVs had no future, in "you see we make them but people don't want them" mode
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 29/10/18, 02:55

Sorry to be a little bit of an accountant but you can find somewhere a comparative profitability calculation for a purchase this kind compared to the conservation of a thermal vehicle and from how long the return on investment?

I found that ....
https://www.automobile-propre.com/dossi ... lectrique/

I do not know if the calculations are right ....

100km day for work
50km we (not well understood the thing but good)
The return on investment of the electric comes after 8 years : Oops:
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 11/11/18, 11:12

3700 € a Autolib used, it's tempting but there are more ....

https://www.20minutes.fr/societe/236923 ... rs-matinee
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 11/11/18, 11:30

If they are able to make the commute to work (without necessarily recharging during the day because it is not possible) in the worst energy conditions for it ie with lighthouses to and from in winter, the heating to and from the winter always, possibly wipers on the outward and return, and possibly, but it is optional, the radio then it is the top for the buyers ...

However even if the buyer has planted he will resell his fingers in the nose and more with a capital gain so it's all benefit : Mrgreen:
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 11/11/18, 20:51

Europe: sales of electric cars up 35% in the third quarter

If they are struggling to take flight in the hexagon, sales of electric cars are doing pretty well in Europe. According to ACEA, 43.733 electric cars were registered in Europe during the past quarter, an increase of almost 35% compared to the third quarter 2017.

While most countries recorded an increase in registrations, some saw stronger increases. With nearly 6.000 electric cars sold, the Netherlands posted growth of 143% while Sweden rose by 62% with 1739 sold. Still the leader of the European market, Norway totals 11261 registrations, representing 25% of European registrations in the quarter and recording an increase of 33% compared to the previous year.

In the first nine months of the year, 132.944 electric cars were registered on European soil, an increase of 37.4% compared to last year.

https://www.automobile-propre.com/europ ... trimestre/
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 13/11/18, 01:09

For ex Autolib, attention to consumption to maintain the battery to 80 ° permanently (about 10 kWh / day, 580 € per year without driving). But unless 4000 €, it can still be a very good deal for a maintenance-free car that can still make 100 000 km.

The return on investment of the electric comes after 8 years : Oops:

For those who will have to go to the big cities with their car, it will be necessary to accept to pay more: cf the extension of the zone low emission inside the A86 in Ile de France. More fuel oil in 2024 and more fuel in 2030. 2030, it is not tomorrow but it is on that the price of the occasions Gasoline / Petrol will inevitably fall. Attention to the purchase if we intend to resell. The price of electric cars is like the price of flat screens in their infancy. We see how much it costs today. And as in electronics, it is constantly improving: we make 3x more km with a charge today than there is 4 years for the same purchase price.

Some electric models are sold in the count (a few thousand per year at most) and others are available with waiting times exceeding 6 months. Without counting the commercial of the concession which you refourgue a diesel to make you pay to max in maintenance.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/11/18, 23:39

With a news like that we will rather witness the implosion : Shock:
To replace, the battery of the electric car was more expensive than the purchase price of the vehicle! The local UFC-Que Choisir association warns. https://www.quechoisir.org/action-local ... rix-n46396
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 15/11/18, 00:10

izentrop wrote:With a news like that we will rather witness the implosion : Shock:
To replace, the battery of the electric car was more expensive than the purchase price of the vehicle! The local UFC-Que Choisir association warns. https://www.quechoisir.org/action-local ... rix-n46396

Early August 2012, I saw this promotion to 11000 €. After scouring all forums speaking of this car, I gave up for 3 reasons:
- No recharging terminals available in Lyon where I work often, which prevented me from making an AR in winter (+ 80, autonomy of 75km on highway in winter new battery ...)
- 100 km * 500 cycles = 50 000 km before battery at 80%, which is far too little for me (25000 km / year)
- 17000 € announced on a forum, by someone who had asked a Peugeot dealership, the cost of replacing the battery.

All this dissuaded me from buying this model because of my professional mission too far for this type of car.

I would have had a CDI less than 20km, I would have bought it even if it was scrapped as soon as the battery was HS.

Fortunately, the new models, and especially the new generations of batteries (811 cells to 1800 cycles) will allow me to take the step in 2019 hopefully ...
1 x
Past habits must change,

because the future must not die.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 20/01/19, 20:28

1.43% of the French auto market 2018 in electric.

Electric car: 31.059 registrations in France in 2018

Automotive own.com

With nearly 4500 registrations recorded in December alone, the electric car has a record 2018 year and is up by almost 25% compared to last year.

If it did not benefit so much from the decline of diesel, the electric car recorded a good progress last year. Driven by the excellent results of the quarter, the segment grew by almost 25% compared to last year with a total of 31.059 registrations according to the latest figures provided by the CCFA.

An 2018 year closed by a record December! With 4434 sold out, the electric car recorded a historic performance last month, capturing 2.68% of the new vehicle market. An upward trend focused on the last quarter and expected to continue in 2019 with the arrival of an increasingly electric 100% offer.

54% of sales for Zoe
If it will be necessary to wait a few days and the publication of the figures by AVERE France to know in detail the registrations of each model, we already know those of the Renault Zoé.

According to the annual report of the diamond group, 17.038 copies of the electric city car were registered last year, 54.9% of the segment of electric VP.

https://www.automobile-propre.com/voitu ... -2018/amp/
0 x