Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 23/10/18, 17:28

phil53 wrote:If too much hay or other organic material is at risk of running out of oxygen and choking the living you want to favor?
This year I have spread about 50cm of unpacked hay.

I have unfortunately never put an oximeter under my hay layers. Rigorously, I can not be affirmative.

I do not know where this idea comes from, except in relation to soils whose structure was destroyed by machines rolling late in autumn ...

View: https://www.google.com/search?q=m%C3%A9 ... mDCcc_LndM:

My common sense tells me that:

a) in a compost heap, everyone admits, although I sometimes doubt that there is an aerobic decomposition (called "composting"); a swath, on a platform can make a triangle of 2 m on the side!

b) that in lasagna, with cardboard, it does not suffocate (even if I doubt that it is top)

c) hay or straw manure does not solidify and even after heavy rain it is again "porous"

d) I observed some mole-rats, which I caught nesting under one of my round bales, right in the middle of the winter; As far as I know, even in sluggish life, they breathe ... This hay was compressed!

So I think asphyxiation can occur in pummeled soil, or under thick layers of chopped fresh organic matter (mechanically ground green manure), which is not fibrous enough and can make a kind of porridge that forms a crust in it. drying (I observed it with a roll of regain during the demonstration made at BiObernai 2015) or in these other particular circumstances.

It is highly improbable with even large layers (50 cm ????) of hay.

Added to this is that soil organisms are often "more or less" aerobic and their requirements are variable ... A few cm under even worked soil or a few cm from galleries left by worms, the O² rate decreases and that of CO² surely increases. And the species (I recall that there are tens of thousands of species of bacteria in a 1 cm3 ground) surely fit.

This is my belief. Supported by some thoughts. The sign of anaerobiosis is easily recognized: "putrid" odors develop, a sign that anaerobes are taking over, and that molecules are formed from non-oxidative degradations (reductions), such as H²S [the one that kills horses in accumulations of green algae].
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/10/18, 17:33

Moindreffor wrote:
excellent, terrible fault, I am red with shame behind my screen,

and as it's open bar and gratos, in my soil embankment I thought to load the mule, so must we still be reasonable?

1) It grazes my ear more when it's someone who calls himself a trainer ... The error has entered everyday life, like "bic" or "horn" or "fridge"!

2) In life, you always have to be reasonable. Would that not be, in this case, because you still have to plant in it and that anyway, the "digestive capacity" of your system will not exceed 20 or 30 cm of biomass per season! Even in a wedding dinner, the moment arrives when we no longer eat!

I do not have experience extreme situation, but I will not go, intuitively, beyond 25 / 30 cm at the time of setting up ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/10/18, 17:40

Moindreffor wrote:
and PAF, we designate by default a most probable hypothesis, because we focus on this factor, the INRA also needs to leave this image

Is that the biggest organic eaters would not be as larger sportsmen, hikers, walkers, with a much better lifestyle, less meat consumption, fat, sugars and socio also a class cultural easier (I know we can eat organic low coast : Shock: )

I am not a pro-chemist, but as soon as I see "more probable" "one must believe that", "one would be led to think that", I wonder the interest of the study because in the end it does NOT prove ANYTHING , it's just going well with the times

I often submitted files to obtain grants for my projects, I have always been successful, because I used the "GOOD" words, at the "GOOD" times, you had to know how to follow fashion, when I read the files of colleagues I knew in advance that theirs would not pass, I offered them to change but few accepted, stuck on their positions

do not be fooled, each lab must be placed on the chessboard of subsidies to live and must publish a number of works per year to justify their work : Mrgreen: , and it is always more dangerous to go wrong, so when you publish what people want to hear it always goes better

it is clear that a healthier, more balanced, more diverse diet will always be better

70 000 case is a study made by questionnaires, and we know that it is easy to guide the answer even without having the will,

so advocate for a better diet, as natural as possible (I did not say using natural products) I agree, such a study is for me a little put in the skin of the open doors breaker

Yes, there is that too!

Nevertheless, for the first time - because until then the slogan was that "scientifically, there was no measurable difference!" - if it pushes open doors, it's in the right direction!

The risk of bias, and I don't know if it has been managed, is the one you indicate: that the big "organic" eaters are also more athletic, smoke less, manage stress, have coaches, etc. .

That said, the summary is the link between some cancers where there is a significant difference and those of exposed farmers ... This seems to indicate a correlation between certains cancers and exposure to pesticide cocktails, whether through diet OR application of treatments.

If this is framed scientifically, it would still change the situation.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/10/18, 18:52

Did67 wrote:
Julienmos wrote:
if you could give us your opinion on K Schreiber's video by JP Bord (plants grow alone)...
I looked at it, but with KS it's always the same: hang on to pick!

I'll watch that too!

KS is a bit, like me, "big mouth" and therefore, from time to time, like me, makes presentations with "shock images" ... When you want to "deconstruct" received ideas in a limited time ( "man has always plowed", "'if the land is not worked, it does not grow"; "without fertilization, it will be skinny ..."), we do not really have the choice of shade , there is so much resistance. But I've also seen one go astray (at least seriously exaggerate a point of view).

Well, I have to correct myself. He may be like me, a little big mouth, but now, I think he wants to play the inventor of genius. It's dangerous. It is not given to everyone to write E = mc² without being wrong!

I am willing to question some fundamentals, but still. One must know reason to keep. Or we may end up like Kervran or Summerlin: mystifying!

View: https://www.pseudo-sciences.org/spip.php?article2195

https://www.la-croix.com/Ethique/Scienc ... -22-989339

Kervran still having a few followers, I hasten to point out that I do not believe for a second in "low energy" transmutation ... I dare not imagine what the world would be like, since 3,4 or 3,7 billion d years, if organisms had so easily succeeded in "transmuting" the elements! Let's be reasonable from time to time!

If the intro of KS evokes this to me, it is because from the start it starts strong:

- "plants eat meat", on the grounds that they absorb amino acids.

To that two or three remarks:

a) the plants existed before the animals

b) the living, if it evolves, generally keeps track and continues to exploit the "working mechanisms": photosynthesis (for more than 2 billion years), mycorrhizal symbiosis (for 370 million years)

so a) + b): why would they have changed abruptly?

c) there are undoubtedly amino acids that are absorbed, and even polypeptides (small chains of amino acids, too small to be proteins); I am not aware of serious studies that would show that this is masses significant; we are probably more in the exchange of messages than in the construction of biomass ... The biochemical mechanisms allowing plant cells to transform amminium ions into -NH² radicals to form amino acids are well known, enzymes, and all and all. everything ... Plants would have all this inheritance (genetic codes) only to poison themselves ??? Sometimes it is necessary to be right and to look at the "logic of the living"!

d) think that the plants would have switched to the side of heterotrophs (because that is what it would mean) is at least daring ... Think Marc-Andre Selosse who track these exchanges, with means of analysis of true labs (many - and which identify the polypeptides that allow a plant to cause symbiosis with a glomeromycete), would have seen nothing is presumptuous ...

e) finally, if it was the case, I say "if" and I do not believe it for a second, the amino acids exist as much in the plant world, in the same form; why then "provoke" stupidly by asserting that meats feed on meat ... [it is marked on the slide!] For him, amino acids = meat ??? It is because he is more zero in organic chemistry than an S terminal. And of course, convinced of the rapid death of all Vegans!

f) to affirm that the C comes from the ground is abracadabrantesque: the C used by the living one comes from CO² initially present in the terrestrial atmosphere (which contained then 20 or 25% - I did not check the figure from where the fork that I give); autotrophs (photosynthetic bacteria, algae, plants, etc.) have transformed it, thanks to solar energy, into organic molecules, some of which, in fact, are stored in a stable form - humic substances; others make a short pass, before mineralization ... So there is C in the soil, from plants that grew previously ...
For nitrogen, it is correct that it comes from the air, captured by free or associated fixing bacteria, or from numerous recycling processes (including urine - I am not talking about urine for earthworms, because rather they "sweat" ammonia through their skin, recycling their proteins), or from chemical synthesis by humans (negrais) or some natural chemical reactions (such as the formation of saltpeter - potassium nitrate - which forms naturally in damp walls) ...

In short, I quickly dropped out and dropped. So it was anything. And I do not see the point of losing my time.

It just lacks rigor. And a global reflection on the "meaning of the living". I think that there, we fell into turmoil.
1 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 23/10/18, 19:01

Did67 wrote:The risk of bias, and I don't know if it has been managed, is the one you indicate: that the big "organic" eaters are also more athletic, smoke less, manage stress, have coaches, etc. .
I heard on the radio that they had indeed taken into account this possibility of bias: it is the wealthy social classes who are surely the most organic consumers. I can not say how, but they took it into account.
Like what not to take all scientists for good! Similarly, if they take the tweezers to present their result (conditional ...), this seems to me the least of scientific rigors: need for confirmation of the results obtained, ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/10/18, 20:17

Is that the biggest organic eaters would not be as larger sportsmen, hikers, walkers, with a much better lifestyle, less meat consumption, fat, sugars and socio also a class cultural easier (I know we can eat organic low coast
This is still a presupposition. I sold organic products at the time or all were against the bio and my clientele was Mr and Mrs everyone with or without sportsmen, smokers, drinkers, meat (which I did not sell) or not. Some only took 2 or 3 products from time to time, most others and their health, for the largest consumers improved as and when they adopted this type of food.
That today things have improved even more, it is so much the better, but cancer could be reduced to little as it was at the 19 ° century if our industrial and particularly food world stopped producing its products synthesis that is the cause.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/10/18, 22:38

Janic wrote: but cancer could be reduced to little as it was in the nineteenth century if our industrial and particularly food world ceased to produce its synthetic products which are the cause.

You can just remember what was the life expectancy in the 19eme century and that of today, for example in France?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 24/10/18, 00:41

Julienmos wrote:but some words surprise a little, a few random sentences:

-the more carbon the soil eats, the more nitrogen it produces (too much importance attributed to carbon, fibers, lignin? too much importance given to "free-fixing" bacteria? at the end he says that 60% of the nitrogen comes from biological fixation)

-it seems to deny the famous "nitrogen hunger" ... that personally I was able to observe at home

I have not yet viewed this video ... but actually what you are raising is curious ...

I will try to watch it these days.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 24/10/18, 00:42

Regarding your conferences Didier could not you tell your editor (or yourself) to add them to the program of the SNHF?

https://www.snhf.org/actualites/evenements/?pno=2

It does not seem to me that you would be mismatched in this program ... : Shock:

I think you have nothing to envy to a certain Denis Pepin (I do not know) : Mrgreen:

https://www.snhf.org/evenements/confere ... solutions/
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 24/10/18, 00:58

Did67 wrote:The scientists would they finally find a "method" (of statistical treatments) allowing to highlight what many suspected ...

An article on the subject arising from the publication of the study ...

https://www.numerama.com/sciences/43383 ... n=20181023
1 x