The death of bees puts the world in danger

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The death of bees puts the planet in danger

by Ahmed » 23/10/18, 12:02

The industrial stage of which you speak, To be chafoin is always a unification, a simplification and a concentration, whether it concerns living beings or not, it is necessarily in frontal contradiction with the functioning of nature. The few examples of "circular economy" which would provide, according to their promoters, so many denials, do not stand up to a little advanced analysis and do, at best (by being indulgent), a little less bad in the worst.

Izentrop, without hasty conclusion, famine and pesticides are just two aspects of an identical and global approach.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 23/10/18, 12:08

izentrop wrote:You confirm that famine is the main cause of death and not "pesticides" as we are being led to believe at the moment.

it's not because you have a wooden leg that you can not have a glass eye, so maybe not one in place of the other but with each other after that makes the most damage will know Charles ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 23/10/18, 12:21

Ahmed wrote:The few examples of "circular economy" which, according to their promoters, provide so many denials [...]
Can you just give examples, I do not see what you want to talk about?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/10/18, 18:38

The concept of circular economy is a virtuous imitation of nature where the waste of some is the food of others. Thus, in the case of the coupling of a cement plant (highly CO2 emitting), a plant for the capture of this gas that would also use the waste heat of the same cement plant for its process, which optimizes its consumption (this case observed in Canada).
The most famous example is in Scandinavia, with a set of factories operating in a certain synergy; I could find you the precise references, but this "virtue" very quickly finds its limits and remains basically very questionable as to its objectives. If you want, it's a bit like all "green" projects, their virtue depends above all on the focal length used during their observation and if close up they are rather attractive, we quickly realize that they do in fact than pushing back on problems instead of solving them.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/10/18, 14:09

Ahmed wrote:The most famous example is in Scandinavia, with a set of factories operating according to a certain synergy; I could find you the precise references
This high-profile project proved costly and inconclusive. https://energieetenvironnement.com/2018 ... u-carbone/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/18, 02:43

izentrop wrote:You confirm that famine is the main cause of death and not "pesticides" as we are being led to believe at the moment.

If it was starvation how to explain the decimated hives filled with corpses and ... full of honey and fields full of flowers around? : Shock:

So no I confirm nothing at all!

But one does not prevent the other ... and vice versa! : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/18, 02:54

Moindreffor wrote:it's not because you have a wooden leg that you can not have a glass eye, so maybe not one in place of the other but with each other after that makes the most damage will know Charles ...

Speaking of eye glass and wooden leg (not bad expression): you knew that the banner of the pirates was not because of a glass eye but to aim faster? I learned that not long ago : Cheesy:

Otherwise + 1 for the background idea ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/10/18, 09:16

did you know that the hacker banner was not because of a glass eye but to aim faster? I learned that not long ago : Cheesy:

And with the sword, does it work too? : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/01/19, 09:47

While Europe will soon ban plastic disposable cups, a new threat to bees: paper cups.
Two studies show that paper cups kill honey bees in India. Important pollinators are attracted to sugary residues left by beverages. Small changes could make a big difference in saving Indian bees.

l could not find an answer in the existing literature. The teacher and his students went to search for bees in six locations in the state of Tamil Nadu in southern India to understand what was happening.

They discovered that a large population of honey bees visiting these "cup flowers" never returned to their hives. The bugs were drowning in the sugary residue from tea, coffee, juices, and non-alcoholic drinks that had drawn them as an alternative food source.

Over a period of 30 days, they recorded 25 211 alarming dead bees in goblets in vendors' booths.

“Each cup contained dead bees, varying between five and fifty. This was found in different places in this study,” said Chandrasekaran, senior author of the journal Disposed Paper Cups and Declining Bees. https://www.dw.com/en/paper-cups-a-sile ... a-44302733
The reason :
The scientist observed no bee mortality in plastic cups during his study. “In the paper cups, there is a porous substance where the sugar remains. It is not present in the plastic,” Chandrasekaran said. In plastic, the sugary residue hardens instead, he added - although no other study has looked into the matter.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/01/19, 21:11

Bee mortality: multifactorial origins! https://www.coordinationrurale.fr/posit ... eilles.pdf
0 x