Electric bike: an acceptable compromise?

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Re: Electric bike: an acceptable compromise?

by Christophe » 19/10/18, 01:01

Ahmed wrote:It should be noted that you mean that the power assistance does not stop at 25 km / h because of a kit unlicensing that violates the regulations, but on a standard-compliant EVA, it is still possible to overtake this speed pedaling energetically on the flat and even more easily downhill.

Not necessarily need kit (150 200 € the case I just saw: it's almost the price of a battery) ...

For the same result, it is quite easy to bypass the PAS system (Pedal Assistance System) and replace it with a button or even a gas handle ... At least on models with a controller made in china "no name" because the Most allow it (the majority of VAE sold between 300 and 1000 € are "no name") on a Bafang or Bosch type system it's more complicated ...

In any case it will not boost (or little) the 250W ... it will just have a support beyond 25 km / h ... and 250W I think it caps quickly (30-35 km / h next wheel size, tires and total mass ...)

In unbridled origin, I recently tested this 750W bike a BULTACO BRINCO... it sends well (45 km / h in 6-7 seconds) but it's more a bike than a bike (the price also sends well: 8000 €!)

Bultaco-Brinco.jpg

According to the seller, it is possible to ride ensuring it as an electric scooter and with a lightweight helmet ... but I have not good 8000 € so the concern does not arise for me ...

I also tested this one with a Bafang system, interesting because it gives the cumulative power MOTOR + PEDALING (I climbed without worries to 400W cumulative) so we can easily see the "human" calories spent :)

Bafang.jpg

But what bullshit energy big pudding ... : Shock: : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/18, 01:19

thibr wrote:

can be one like this 8)

420 km of autonomy between 60 and 70 km / h I have a lot of trouble believing it: it would take about 50 kg of battery ... and the battery presented on the luggage rack of the video is a battery of 15kg approximately ... The commentator talks about 3 batteries: ok but where are they stored?

I am in the process of making one so I know very well the consumption figures per km ... yes but shh ... I will present this project in due time! 8)
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 19/10/18, 10:27

Christophe wrote:But what bullshit energy big pudding ... : Shock: : Cry:

Oh that's on .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Mixieer56
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Mixieer56 » 19/10/18, 10:46

sen-no-sen wrote:
Mixieer56 wrote:Passing - the shortest possible - in Paris, I can testify to the systematic non-compliance with basic rules of courtesy and code on the part of electric or non-electric bicycles and electric scooters! The worst is the speed at which they travel on bike paths.

The dangerousness of certain roads in view of the traffic encourages cyclists to take sidewalks and to disturb pedestrians ... However, is this lack of courtesy the result of the invasion of the public space by motorists?

In Paris, the people I am talking about are riding on the sidewalk bike lanes and seem to be in constant competition with their peers, to the pity of the pedestrians who risk their lives by crossing these tracks!
0 x
"Make a mess of your garden and order your ideas!" Didier Helmstetter
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 19/10/18, 10:52

In town I think the electric bike is great ...

But the technique transforming them into a scooter should be turned from the bike paths from a certain power ... LOW.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/18, 10:53

It will take a few fatal accidents for the politicians to legislate on the issue ... the worst being the scooters of several thousand watts because they have no stability ... I do not believe that a law legislates them at the moment, hence the legal breach ...

For that matter...

I am surprised that there are no more accidents (at least in the media) with the hoverboards that are used 90% of the time on the road by young people who do not respect the rules of the road ...

I am absolutely against this use of the hoverboard which consists in decreasing even more the efforts of the young people ... they did not do much before, now they do not even want to walk anymore (caricature huh, Ahmed, not the hardly to insult me ​​...) ... ah society will be beautiful! : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/18, 10:57

nico239 wrote:But the technique transforming them into a scooter should be turned from the bike paths from a certain power ... LOW.

Yes if we switch to an equivalent electric "scooter", it's on the road. The use of a cycle path is recommended but not compulsory (if ????).

I do not know how many km of bike paths in Paris but very little in my opinion ... they prefer the bottom bike lanes

There are bike paths (a 100% dedicated pavement) and cycle lanes (a reserved strip on the roadway)

In Strasbourg in the middle of the 2000 years there was already 400km of PISTES cycle! I think it was a record in France at the time ... and I even put the plan on the site https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... trasbourg/
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 19/10/18, 11:14

Mixieer56 wrote:
In Paris, the people I am talking about are riding on the sidewalk bike lanes and seem to be in constant competition with their peers, to the pity of the pedestrians who risk their lives by crossing these tracks!

If the streets were empty of traffic, would one have to notice such behaviors?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/18, 11:16

Christophe wrote:In unbridled origin, I recently tested this 750W bike a BULTACO BRINCO... it sends well (45 km / h in 6-7 seconds) but it's more a bike than a bike (the price also sends well: 8000 €!)

Corrigendum, on the Internet the price announced importer is 6000 €: https://bultacobenelux.com/brinco_re/ (must say that the local dealer that I tried in luxury: it offers bare wheels to 120 € for example ...)

42,26 kg (empty), 1.3 kWh battery and up to 2 kW motor!

My version was an 750W (electronic clamping or smaller motor?) And some, I took the plate in photo:

Bultaco_Brinco_750W.jpg

Bultaco_Brinco_serial.jpg

Not too much reseller in France: https://www.motoservices.com/actualite- ... -2016.htmr
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/18, 11:16

sen-no-sen wrote:If the streets were empty of traffic, would one have to notice such behaviors?

Should ask the rally drivers ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

The search for sensations, it's just human ... (well guys more than women ... at road level at least)
0 x