Temperature photovoltaic cells

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
nodar44
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Temperature of photovoltaic cells

by nodar44 » 18/10/18, 14:37

Hello and dsl for the nasty topic digging. : Cheesy:

But as ignorant before the eternal, I would like to understand the influence of an NEGATIVE temperature on the performance of a photovoltaic cell ...

I thought I read somewhere that the optimum at the surface temperature of a PV cell was between 20 ° / 25 °, but to read you, it's not the case, it's just a value used by manufacturers to compare their products.

If I'm fine, an increase in temperature of the cell does drop its voltage, but still increases its intensity, but proportionally less quickly ..?
That the power delivered by the cell still drops?
Basically, the warmer it is, the more radiation it receives, and the more it produces intensity, but beyond 25 °, it warms up, which increases its electrical resistance and as its voltage drops too much it produces less final energy than the 15% announced? That's right ?

Conversely, to read, the drop in surface temperature of a cell increases its voltage up to double it to -188 °, but what about the intensity produced, it drops or a temperature also largely negative n has no influence on it?

Basically the question is: is a very negative temperature beneficial to a photovoltaic cell to produce more electricity?

Excuse my ignorance and if my questions seem stupid to you, but the big eye did not send me any convincing on the subject and I would like to be sure to have understood this point.

So thanks to you. : Wink:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:

by Gaston » 18/10/18, 17:07

elephant wrote:Warning: this kind of maneuver can not be improvised.

1) disconnect the inverter downstream (ie at the mains circuit breaker) before disconnecting the strings

2) disconnect the panels with string disconnected (the 2 cards)

3) take the opportunity to replace any damaged plug, the 2 poles of the panel disconnected from the rest of the installation

4) work in dry weather.
And if necessary, work at night at the new moon.

Do not laugh, I have a friend who intervened on photovoltaic fields in operation and interventions were scheduled at night and if possible when there was good cloud cover.
0 x
nodar44
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Temperature of photovoltaic cells

by nodar44 » 18/10/18, 17:12

mistake of subject I think,

but thanks for the up : Mrgreen:
0 x