Vegetable garden of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Diabolorent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Laziness of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

by Diabolorent » 17/10/18, 08:18

Wow !
Seeing all this I tell myself that I'm serious behind ... it's simple, we did nothing : Oops:
This weekend we will try to find the time to visit the seed seller :?

I have not seen any answers for raspberries, I would have liked to know too ... : Wink:
0 x
"It is not a sign of good mental health to be well adapted to a sick society" Jiddu Krishnamurti.
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 17/10/18, 09:35

For raspberries, cut the strands that have fruited. Pull out or mow all the discomfort
Also cut the rachitic strands. Paysanbio also advised to shorten the strands. I did it this year and I didn't see any noticeable difference.
To even according to your degree of laziness.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/10/18, 12:18

Attention: true for non-ascendants!

On ascenders, all the rods have produced:

a) cut all those which have passed last winter, which produced first this year, and which will dry out ... In the middle of winter, this is easily distinguished! No need to rush, they will first "empty"!

b) on the rest, those which have grown during the season and have also produced, keep 8 to 10; they will produce first; leave less than on non-winders, to make room and energy for the rods of the year; it is, in short, a trade-off between the first production wave, on old canes, and the second, on canes of the year ...

c) I am also what I keep so that it does not throw too high ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/10/18, 14:51

Diabolorent wrote:Wow !
Seeing all this I tell myself that I'm serious behind ... it's simple, we did nothing : Oops:
This weekend we will try to find the time to visit the seed seller :?

I have not seen any answers for raspberries, I would have liked to know too ... : Wink:

Lagging behind?

Not on .... these are mostly experiences ....

Apart from the radishes and some spinach which should be able to be eaten ..... I hope.

The rest is less certain.
MAYBE chews .... depending on the weather.
Last year she was alive but blocked all winter so

As soon as the daily gels show up it will be another story.

We will do the accounts at that time.

For the greenhouse it is different of course, even if we notice very few degrees of difference between the greenhouse and the outside in the end.

So in summary apart from perhaps the ..... 4 cabbages that have been on the road for a while, ditto for the carrots, basically we are STILL on the fluff : Mrgreen:

And I'm not talking about the quantities ... there we are still in ... cabbage.

There should be 60 parsnip plants, as many turnips, as many cabbage or leeks already at an advanced stage: here I speak for the outdoor vegetable garden (me).
For the greenhouse we will see what the plants give when transplanting.

The only thing you could want is to be up to date to attack spring, but there it is still too early to think about it.

In summary no stress you're not lagging behind for spring. : Mrgreen: it's already that Image
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/10/18, 14:56

Did67 wrote:Attention: true for non-ascendants!

On ascenders, all the rods have produced:

a) cut all those which have passed last winter, which produced first this year, and which will dry out ... In the middle of winter, this is easily distinguished! No need to rush, they will first "empty"!

b) on the rest, those which have grown during the season and have also produced, keep 8 to 10; they will produce first; leave less than on non-winders, to make room and energy for the rods of the year; it is, in short, a trade-off between the first production wave, on old canes, and the second, on canes of the year ...

c) I am also what I keep so that it does not throw too high ...

Ok, thank you.

This size at what period roughly?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/10/18, 09:58

I usually do this in January, on a beautiful sunny day. But it works just as well in December!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/10/18, 10:48

Ok it works, thanks :!:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/11/18, 23:19

Everything is going well in the outdoor vegetable garden because everything grows in the bottle.

For the greenhouse it is the cat and Mrs is desperate .... all the seedlings eaten by slugs and ditto for transplanting

Example: 30 chard transplants, there are 0 left

We are thinking about a fair fight for protection like sowing in bottles but not in this form.

It remains to establish it for a whole greenhouse: I reflect on the question

Just for your information, do these things work or is it just marketing?

0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/11/18, 09:12

for gastropods that can crawl on razor blades I think it's marketing : Mrgreen:
my experience this year, a year with high pressure from slugs, ferramol, I used half a small box on the 32 m2 but as I often say on such a small surface, each plant must grow, so I may have been heavy hand sometimes, but spread over the whole year I find it reasonable

I hunted a little, but very little, I did not set the beer traps, nor did I have any charms, which might have made me reduce my consumption of ferramol, but too busy elsewhere

we can put the ferramol at the time of sowing, to "clean" a little and after maintenance we replace what has disappeared, if the weather is dry, it stays in place for a while, so in your greenhouse, it should be the case

in my mini greenhouse, I had no more ferramol, but cabbage seedlings were attacked, I lost quite a lot, but I do not know if it is due to slugs or another pest, however winter salads right next to nothing no attacks
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 16/11/18, 20:01

Concerning the second photo, I cannot say for the net but I think that the "dry" area of ​​contention (stones, tarpaulin) has a certain "efficiency".

My experience: when I run around the plots and I maintain this area well, let's say they are reluctant to go through it and I have less if there was a grassy and wet area! Some advocate also a wide band shorn (say 2m for example) around the kitchen garden, it does not seem silly ...

The problem for you is that the question arises in the greenhouse which is in itself a big wet area so I do not know if it could have an effect. Besides, do you ventilate it well (to evacuate this moisture as much as possible)?
0 x