My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Moindreffor » 26/09/18, 08:09

my cabbages are still in pot so that's why I mounted the mini greenhouse, 90cm high 80 cm wide and a 40aine deep, it was to put on the terrace to make seedlings of carnations India but there with my terrace to the north, I do not even have any more sun on it with the shadows of the house, so it descended in front of the garden, there is not even a bottom to this mini greenhouse, so I mounted it because I had it, if it can bring a little more
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/10/18, 10:18

Hello
some news
good recovery of my white onions, this year, I may have a harvest in late spring, to follow
my cabbages in mini greenhouse are doing pretty well, the shoot is not great, but some grow and I will try a transplant in the kitchen garden for a few, when I will have finished to restore order

I'm going to order my hay, weekend or next week, I still have a boot that I put around cabbages that I would stick if I'm not delivered before

other more of this year, I might eat cabbage, however it will be optimal protection against cabbage cabbage next year, the leaves become too lace, the cabbage leaves but it really thwarts its development, so it will be an insect net on cabbages

my celeriac are still in the ground, there too maybe balls that we can consume, it would be a first

short after half a first year, where only zucchini and beans had given, a first real year more productive on more varieties, the soil improves, my vegetables grow better and faster when we pay attention to feed and water the ground before the vegetables

more time this year, so the next season will be better prepared, and I will be able to take advantage of the experience gained to avoid making mistakes again and launch new experiments.
1 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/10/18, 15:30

Moindreffor wrote:other more of this year, I might eat cabbage, however it will be optimal protection against cabbage cabbage next year, the leaves become too lace, the cabbage leaves but it really thwarts its development, so it will be an insect net on cabbages

more time this year, so the next season will be better prepared, and I will be able to take advantage of the experience gained to avoid making mistakes again and launch new experiments.

You're right to protect especially since it's peanuts as a job compared to what it brings :!:

It's crazy as with a little experience we improve ... : Lol:

Like what once again is the time that makes things better : Idea:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/10/18, 21:11

what annoys me the most is that all the experience accumulated by "our old people" is lost and that the common sense of the country by dint of being out of date has also been blacklisted.

so yes the digging is a nonsense, but because science has evolved and some scientists are interested in the life of the soil, Didier did not leave his bathtub one morning shouting phenoculture, he matured his reflection of all his agronomist experience

but next to that, there are so many good things lost

so yes, it will take time to rediscover all this, I was discussing this afternoon with one of my cousins ​​we spoke of escarole, I sown that late July early August with always very little success, he tells me it sows at the end of June, to be transplanted no later than mid-July, I understand better my lack of success : Mrgreen:

so you will have to buy a notebook and note, and sharing on this thread I think we accumulate more knowledge in less time
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/10/18, 22:12

Moindreffor wrote:it sows end of June

You can even add IN YOUR AREA ....

Because the protocol may not be the same everywhere and at all altitudes .... : Mrgreen:
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/10/18, 14:12

actually in my area, it sows at the end of June, the escarole, it is important to report it, but in a region further south is sowing of the escarole? since we may have a lettuce or a batavia to eat? perhaps for taste rather than for vegetable reasons.
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 27/10/18, 20:59

some news
I harvested my cabbages, same number as last year 6 feet
last year nil result, leaves, leaves but no apples
this year, despite the drought and especially the multiple attacks of cabbage and whitefly carer (the undersides of the leaves were gray egg-laying or larvae waiting for next year) during the harvest, I recovered from what to make a hotpot of cabbages for 4 good eaters, so there is progress

in the countryside always difficult to find what you are looking for, so the garden is almost empty, I wanted to find rye in an organic shop, but have to go downtown and in the center, so the real expedition, must go Express for 1 package 1kg less than 2 €, it's expensive fuel cheaper than 8 € net shipping on the net with double or triple packs of price, but unreasonable

a few escaroles that I will blanch if they do not freeze before, 5 or 6 small (transplanting too late once again and lack of mineralization with drought), bulbils of onions that had not risen (planted in March in fake BRF and covered with hay) I think they stayed there dry with drought and that once the rains returned and the mineralization of the fake BRF they found the right conditions, it's funny we see the lines well, I harvested between those who had risen, but very few it was especially the yellow onions, the red ones had raised better
I have my white onions transplanted in September which are doing pretty well, a new leaf has grown, not dazzling compared with those in bulbous, but here it is from sowing

and my celeriac roe that is still in the ground, as it does not freeze too much and not very often, they resist very well and are still very well so if they can still store a little in the rave it will be better, but with the announcement of falling temperatures the harvest should soon intervene

So depending on the conditions, I will transplant cabbages, an attempt to see if they spend the winter and especially if they resist the first attack of slugs in the spring that will win, cabbage or slugs, or freezing : Mrgreen:
and I'm going to transplant winter salads that have risen well in a terrine, I will place around "a bathtub" [reference to the one who will recognize himself] in plastic film (in fact my first prototype of a frame) the cover is no longer, at the start of autumn it's more for anti-puppy protection, i compost on the surface and she takes it for a pantry red tomatoes attacked by mildew it's round like a ball, like apples, and stems of onions well it's simple she shoots everything that is stalk and green : Mrgreen:

so I would have liked to sow a green manure, but not find what I was looking for, I will take occasionally for next season

Note by tearing the cabbage, the soil was dry as what, even if it rains from time to time, nothing sticks to the roots, but a dustier structure than compact, and the soil is hard anyway, hard to sink the dibble, we really see that there is a real lack of water so I really ask the question wait or not to put the hay? I still hope that the winter will be rainy and that I could put the hay in February, or half in November and the other half in February, to follow ...
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 27/10/18, 21:24

Moindreffor wrote:the multiple attacks of cabbage and whitefly worms (the undersides of the leaves were gray eggs or larva eggs waiting for next year) during the harvest, I recovered enough to make a potato of cabbage for 4 good eaters, so there is progress

A defense in sight for next year?

Moindreffor wrote:in the countryside always difficult to find what you are looking for, so the garden is almost empty, I wanted to find rye in an organic shop, but have to go downtown and in the center, so the real expedition, must go Express for 1 package 1kg less than 2 €, it's expensive fuel cheaper than 8 € net shipping on the net with double or triple packs of price, but unreasonable

Do not you have an agricultural coop nearby?

Moindreffor wrote:and I will transplant winter salads which have risen well in a terrine, I will place around "a bathtub" [reference to the one who will recognize himself] in plastic film (in fact my first prototype of a frame)

Actually it reminds me of someone ... Image

Moindreffor wrote:so I would have liked to sow a green manure, but not find what I was looking for, I will take occasionally for next season

On the net you find reasonable things even with the port ...

Moindreffor wrote:So I'm really wondering whether to wait or not to put the hay? I still hope that the winter will be rainy and that I could put the hay in February, or half in November and the other half in February, to follow ...

Maybe I'm wrong but I'll put in without breaking the nénette ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 27/10/18, 21:47

nico239 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:the multiple attacks of cabbage and whitefly worms (the undersides of the leaves were gray eggs or larva eggs waiting for next year) during the harvest, I recovered enough to make a potato of cabbage for 4 good eaters, so there is progress

A defense in sight for next year? an insect net

Moindreffor wrote:in the countryside always difficult to find what you are looking for, so the garden is almost empty, I wanted to find rye in an organic shop, but have to go downtown and in the center, so the real expedition, must go Express for 1 package 1kg less than 2 €, it's expensive fuel cheaper than 8 € net shipping on the net with double or triple packs of price, but unreasonable

Do not you have an agricultural coop nearby? the bio by home, we just stopped shooting at the rifle : Mrgreen:

Moindreffor wrote:and I will transplant winter salads which have risen well in a terrine, I will place around "a bathtub" [reference to the one who will recognize himself] in plastic film (in fact my first prototype of a frame)

Actually it reminds me of someone ... Image who do you wonder?

Moindreffor wrote:so I would have liked to sow a green manure, but not find what I was looking for, I will take occasionally for next season

On the net you find reasonable things even with the port ... I looked, I found, not stingy but 5 or 6 times the price announced by Didier, it hurts my stomach, I'm not Khmer green at this point there

Moindreffor wrote:So I'm really wondering whether to wait or not to put the hay? I still hope that the winter will be rainy and that I could put the hay in February, or half in November and the other half in February, to follow ...

Maybe I'm wrong but I'll put in without breaking the nénette ... : Mrgreen: it is ordered not delivered yet, I also think for this version, so I wait for his arrival, after that will depend on the rain and the cold, I am part of fragile people, even very fragile
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 27/10/18, 22:02

Moindreffor wrote:the bio by home, we just stopped shooting at the rifle : Mrgreen:

Uh, I was not talking about organic : Mrgreen: ... but in tradi ...

Moindreffor wrote:I looked, I found, not stingy but 5 or 6 times the price announced by Didier, it hurts my stomach, I'm not Khmer green at this point there

23 € 5kg winter vetch (that's where I bought this year in a global order)
https://www.graines-girerd.com/vesce-c102x1943220

At the farm 50 € 25kg
0 x