Setting notifications by e-mail or on the forum

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

How do you use notifications?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: phpBB 3.1: setting notifications by e-mail or on the forum

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/10/18, 01:02

Ok
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/10/18, 14:22

There is currently a small bug related to notifications when posting a message if you see: "Fatal error: Uncaught exception ..." when sending a message, just go back, the message has been posted .

I am working on it.

In the meantime I have disabled all notifications (forum + email) for everyone. I'll let you know when it's ok.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/10/18, 16:31

Well it's progressing but it's more complex than expected ... : Cry:

Apparently it's a beug related to old members, those before migration in this version of forum. Could some former members of before June 2016 please help me by doing some testing? It will not be very complicated, only a few checkboxes and some messages to send.

2 or 3 members will suffice, contact me in MP. thank you 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/18, 00:29

Uh go zamis, a little help would be welcome, it will take you to everyone a few minutes ...

If not bin, I will have to choose among some old members to help me ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/18, 14:46

Ok it's fixed (well I think ...)

So:

1) Some returns would be welcome, especially former pre-migration members! (see b)

The question is simple: do you receive the notifications?

Next ones you have them activated here

2) I had to put my hands in the grease of the database ... And I noticed that notification settings were not imported (completely different system) during migration 5 of February 2016.

I had never noticed this since I personally did the 3) right after the migration.

3) All members before February 5 2016 and who want to receive notifications must therefore configure them on this page

As long as you do not do it, you will never receive it (and that's a shame and I understand now why quite a lot of old members left the forum since migration ... maybe that's why they could not see the activity anymore ...)

It is your click on "Send" which will fill the database concerning your notifications (even if you uncheck everything).

Your registration date is on your profile if you want to check it

Notifications are very very important for good participation in the forum...

Thank you for your feedback!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/20, 10:31

Did67 informed me that some members were no longer notified?

So I do a little up on this subject.

If you posted an answer in a subject, normally this will automatically subscribe you ... but if you have not or no longer checked the correct boxes, notably "Someone has replied to a subject to which you are subscribed" on this page: ucp.php? i = ucp_notifications & mode = notification_options well obviously you will not be notified anymore ...

If you regularly visit the forum, avoid email notifications because it can go very quickly on big topics that turn a lot ...

Since 1 response = 1 e-mail ... you risk being quickly saturated ... and the e-mails risk becoming spam ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/10/20, 10:44

Christophe wrote:Did67 informed me that some members were no longer notified?

So I do a little up on this subject.

If you posted an answer in a subject, normally this will automatically subscribe you ... but if you have not or no longer checked the correct boxes, notably "Someone has replied to a subject to which you are subscribed" on this page: ucp.php? i = ucp_notifications & mode = notification_options well obviously you will not be notified anymore ...

If you regularly visit the forum, avoid email notifications because it can go very quickly on big topics that turn a lot ...

Since 1 response = 1 e-mail ... you risk being quickly saturated ... and the e-mails risk becoming spam ...

It was I who reported the problem again.

It's the same on Forumactive, sometimes it "unplugs"

But it's okay I solved the problem in my own way with RSS

Not to mention the fact that the "here" in the email which warns you of a new message sends you 9 times out of 10 to an old post (or even 4 or 10 pages back) but not to the last one, however subject of the sending the mail.

Example at the moment if I click on "here" in the subject of Didier I fall on your answer of the page 2008 instead of going directly to the last post of the page 2009 of Moindreffor ...
Moindreffor just posted a new answer. You can read it by clicking here
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/20, 10:49

I just said, subscribing by email to big topics is not a good idea ... saturation, spam, lag or lag that you mention ...

Better to use the direct method of forum... You just have to go there once a day to see them.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/10/20, 10:51

Christophe wrote:I just said, subscribing by email to big topics is not a good idea ... saturation, spam, lag or lag that you mention ...

Better to use the direct method of forum... You just have to go there once a day to see them.

The mall is the most comfortable situation since you have ... nothing to do ... like in the vegetable garden : Mrgreen:

This does not explain why the "here" does not link to the post to which it is supposed to link
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/20, 11:01

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:This does not explain why the "here" does not link to the post to which it is supposed to link

I think it's related to deleted messages but not permanently (which are no longer displayed for members but still for moderators) since moderators do not have this offset ...

So what was YOUR PROBLEM with notifications ???

What does it mean "sometimes it" unplugs "" ??

Have you checked your spam? Have you checked your config here: ucp.php? i = ucp_notifications & mode = notification_options ?
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"