Problem stove GODIN Chamonix XXL

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Problem stove GODIN Chamonix XXL

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/10/18, 12:57

Ahmed wrote:To get along well, you need a minimum of rigor in the wording; when you write: "In the case of Godin Colonial: good performance and high consumption", there is a contradiction: in reality, you mean that the heating power is good, but the energy efficiency bad. The latter being the ratio between the quantity of fuel supplied and what comes out of it in useful heat; the result depending on two factors which are, I remind you, the quality of the combustion and the exchange capacity.

You're absolutely right Ahmed: "Make your beautiful eyes die, beautiful Marquise, of love." Image

The Godin Colonial very well heated but wood much in return inside we must put ...

What while

The Cantou inside wood put in large amount in not heat terrible Image
0 x
pit568
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pit568 » 04/01/19, 10:02

I also have a chamonix godin stove that does not heat. The wood burns properly, it is dry. did you solve the heating problem?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 04/01/19, 15:24

As written in the subject I have never tested Chamonix.

But only Godin Cantou and Colonial.

I moved and now I have, comparatively, a small, Flame Casting that heats up thunder ..

The only drawback that I discovered this year is that the complete sweeping requires to get out the pipes to get access to the heart of the stove and turn what is not possible to reach from the inside ....

We realized this because at the beginning of the season it seemed clogged.
I had to sweep by the fireplace, no way.

So it was when the chimney sweeper came that two of us took out the pipes and I realized that there was a "room" that could not be reached from above.

So to sum up no experience with Chamonix, yet it seems to me to be a pretty little stove

I do not understand why he would not heat up.

But I asked myself the same question with the Cantou: which heated especially thanks to the height of ceiling and the 3m of apparent pipe which I had left on purpose.

It may be necessary to operate the ventilation all the time, but it makes noise.

It's nine tone Chamonix?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/01/19, 21:02

The hearth of this "Chamonix" stove is rather large, while the heat exchange surface remains modest, which suggests that the efficiency is low.
This is a rather general concern, as observed Nico239 on his:
But I asked myself the same question with the Cantou which heated especially thanks to the ceiling height and 3m of apparent pipe that I had left on purpose.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."