A vegetable lazy in Charente-Maritime

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: A vegetable garden in Charente-Maritime

by Did67 » 31/05/18, 12:47

denis17 wrote:I specify a small thing, the opening of the chassis is south (a few degrees), so sunlight level, it's not bad, but it's on, we can always do better : Mrgreen:
Denis

The slightly flanked "format" is then perhaps rather due to the density, too high. The plants prick each other's light, and lie down to gain the upper hand!
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 02/07/18, 12:20

A point on my garden at the beginning of July:

Let's start with the garlic, the "rust" has taken over, following, I think, the repeated rains at the start of the year, but the coming harvest seems to me well above last year. I started to pick up a few shallots to see what it was, 4 plants picked up, a 75% rotten that I did not put in the picture, and the other 3, on the other hand, I will wait for the middle / end week to pick up the rest because it is very humid given the storms of the last two days.

IMG_20180702_102940.jpg
shallots

Garlic and onions, I continue to grow, the stems are not dry.

IMG_20180702_102955.jpg
Garlic and onions with rust

A point concerning planting in pots this year, the soil used, yet stamped balanced in NPK, is shown below all, all seedlings were rickety, wet weather and lack of brightness may have been contributing , but surely not that ... and so next year, change of option.
In this photo, a lot of cucurbits, not early, and whose flowers abort (3 on 4 on the first), but the season is just beginning for me, so do not panic.

IMG_20180702_103011.jpg
cucurbit

Strawberries, transplanted last year, are gaining volume, enough strawberries, but still satisfies the result as more numerous and more beautiful than last year, I will say that 100% BRF treatment was positive : Wink:

IMG_20180702_103059.jpg
strawberries

One point on the green manure, I think I will do it again next year, by cons, I would probably only cucurbit plants, which will eventually bring a correct coverage of the soil, this being of course a completely personal opinion : Cheesy:
All the seedlings of carrots, radishes, leeks did not give anything in the green manure (be careful, I do not give cause to effects), on the other hand, the green beans gave very well, even if I sowed a a little too loose, they are excellent and it is the 5ème cuisine that I pick up. To do again, and in larger quantities. The on the picture, we see that they took a good sunburn.

IMG_20180702_103110.jpg
contendaries (green beans)

On the other hand, a cucurbitace that grew alone, I thought it was a zucchini in the beginning before seeing the vegetable, suddenly, I do not know what it is ...

IMG_20180702_103119.jpg
the unknown of the garden

A second batch of cucurbits including water melons to make an excellent jam, finally if there is any : roll:

IMG_20180702_103203.jpg
cucurbitaceae, second batch

And to finish the tomatoes, all the feet grow well, some green tomatoes, the flowers arrive more and more numerous, it remains only to wait ... As for the late blight, a small attack without consequence following the strong spring rains, fortunately I still had plants, I could help out the neighbor who had a little luck.

IMG_20180702_103212.jpg
tomatoes

Finally, all seedlings in pots were homemade, hence a delay in ignition, next year, I persevere.

Denis
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 07/07/18, 17:10

Bonjour à tous
Already back on my wire, this time, to announce the end of the grubbing of shallots. I could not do less than last year, or all of the planted 250gr had melted.
And so this year, with also 250gr planted, the small result is 1kg shallots picked up, average small, which is already much better than last year, experience to redo next year by doubling quantities : Wink:

IMG_20180707_163745.jpg
shallots

Denis
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 08/07/18, 07:50

denis17 wrote:Bonjour à tous
Already back on my wire, this time, to announce the end of the grubbing of shallots. I could not do less than last year, or all of the planted 250gr had melted.
And so this year, with also 250gr planted, the small result is 1kg shallots picked up, average small, which is already much better than last year, experience to redo next year by doubling quantities : Wink:

IMG_20180707_163745.jpg

Denis

A little further north, in the 44, mine are also ridiculously small, garlic too.
Red onions a little bigger tend to rise.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/07/18, 12:18

For the shallots, it will be, at home, "quite the same" !!!

So I'm very, very far from the past years, where I filled crates ...

To put on the account of "the tropical episode" that we knew, which did not suit this species, particularly, I think, under permanent cover! Shortened cycle. Beginning of root rot ...

Next year you can hope, if the year is "more normal", to harvest what I have photographed in years past!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 10/07/18, 17:01

Unfortunately ditto for our potatoes .... I do not say that everything is lost but the rain too abundant has made everything yellow and it is not brilliant at the moment .... or then a late recovery? Who knows ... but the land is still VERY wet under the straw without any watering since 15 days and with 40 in the sun since ... : Shock:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/07/18, 14:12

nico239 wrote:Unfortunately ditto for our potatoes .... I do not say that everything is lost but the rain too abundant has made everything yellow and it is not brilliant at the moment .... or then a late recovery? Who knows ... but the land is still VERY wet under the straw without any watering since 15 days and with 40 in the sun since ... : Shock:

I also harvest ridiculous pdt, saw what froze, for against here it's dry under the hay, 2 thunderstorms and nothing else from then for a long time
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 19/07/18, 21:25

Same sketch for me: a lot of water and a pungent shot and burning sun (maybe since 3-4 weeks with a rainy episode in the middle). And even trend for pdt, skeptical enough, I'm still waiting a little to get to the harvest period. On the other hand, the late planting ponds, which have struggled to come out directly on the meadow and under the hay, are now developing, with a decided shift, but which may serve them well ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/07/18, 01:36

As I said I do not know where ...

At the Logis du Pin (very high Var) they were put in the ground last week ....

Experience that counts in the end ....

They were right to wait until the end of the rainy episode
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 20/07/18, 17:41

Yes indeed it is surprising ... of insight. The garden is that you have to know how to adjust according to the years and climatic or other events. You have to "feel" the moment and take the chance! With many hiccups ... but when you succeed: what a pleasure!
0 x