The garden of a lazy we occasionally.

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The lazy vegetable garden a we occasionally.

by Did67 » 18/06/18, 19:00

It's complex. We are missing one of the major "instruments" in this approach: the Faca roller. It is a roller with metal blades; the roller crushes the "crop" in place at the front of the tractor; its fins "break" the stems; suddenly, cruciferous plants - mustard, camelina - are definitely put down!

http://www.gregoireagri.com/Travail-du- ... s-vegetaux

There is more to them, at the rear of the tractor, than to hitch a "strip tiller" (a machine which "opens" a furrow, places the seed in it and closes it ...).

https://www.google.com/search?q=strip+t ... CPodHoIbZM:

Manfred Wenz uses an "ecodyn": http://www.ecodyn.fr/

So when will the Faca roll on wheelbarrow and the ecodyn on tiller ???
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 18/06/18, 19:15

Didier,
I have one for gardener under construction! Probably finished at the end of the week.
A beast steel sole with 3 "blades" per foot. There the test is rather rustic ....
I wonder how long it takes a fresh plant, such as phacelia, sow thistles or nettles placed at the foot of the plants to be assimilated, knowing that they disappear visually in less than 10 days.
But in gardening the destruction solutions are more numerous. I tear (for the simpler object than to cut, but it will be better, the regrowth can be managed) as and when the growth of my seedlings or just before the semi, so the earth is finely worked with little effort. I put over the semi line and it is quickly gone.

Olivier
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 19/06/18, 16:37

Hello,

The faca shoe test is finished, semi covered trials with Phacelie and mustard next time. I will do a photo follow.

Olivier
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/06/18, 16:56

We progress to BIG STEPS !!!!
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 19/06/18, 18:47

Oh no!
Very small steps (for the man).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/06/18, 18:52

I spoke for humanity !!! Of course, a big step then !!!
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 21/06/18, 18:46

olivier75 wrote:Here are the following photos, the 16 June.
Oh yes it looks pretty much your technique, at least for your garden is on track.
Compared to slugs, this could therefore be the "martyr seedlings" of mustard which would have succeeded in protecting your seedlings of potatoes, peas and corn ... It is especially striking for the potatoes (for the peas, I don't know) not if it's general, but at home they have abandoned these seedlings anyway). The attractive effect of mustard may have continued to deflect the pests of your cabbages, your beans (and carrots?) ...

It is true that against this creates a water level pb to let these green manures grow so late if you want to grow on just behind. And again I think that your mustard seedlings have remained quite low ... maybe an effect of the photo or the quality of the soil ..? In my kitchen garden: in places it stayed at 80cm but the rest went up to 2m.
Maybe grow green manure with hay cover to at least prevent evaporation? On a large area like yours with seedling on the fly it seems difficult but online ...
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 21/06/18, 18:50

olivier75 wrote:The faca shoe test is over
: Shock: This sentence is pretty hallucinating !! It took me time and several proofreading to understand! Strongly photos, the best would be even the video demo!
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 21/06/18, 20:18

To be chafoin.

For the effects on slugs, there is no comparison that is equal at all points, so I only retain the protection of cabbages and pumpkins, at home always severely attacked. I would do more systematic sowing to "validate" or not, the effects, among others on radish and turnip.
For the biomass of mustard, there are several causes.
I recovered this garden, the soil is dead. No worms, silty soil with clay, surely Npk reactive and watering, but not fertile in the state. I noticed, but again it is not validable, that there is about 20 cm more (60cm) on the mustard which received the light mulching (1cm) (young grass, bramble and nettle), and 2 stains much more vigorously where the old compost was deposited.
The semi is also very tight, a plant all the cm some places.
In short, there is finally a little hay around the pumpkins, but it is very far from being a kitchen garden lazy, I'm afraid of this week of good weather and the consequences on the sowing of beans, white radish summer cross and transplanting tomatoes recovered at the orchard set up last Saturday ...
Fortunately I found a nice lot of old hay in little boots to hay between the lines, and save the summer.
I expect a few years to find a living soil.
For faca shoes, we must also check the effectiveness. That is to say for me semi under cover in planks (50cm) and hay in allees.
Olivier.
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 28/06/18, 01:22

575AA3C6-F377-47EB-B392-F7CA372241A7.jpeg
0186675D-6B49-43AA-AD22-E20C3DE05E79.jpeg
95296FA1-42F1-491D-8137-1E79863F5A49.jpeg

The test air sufficiently conclusive to remake correctly.
The video does not attach.
Olivier.
0 x