Vase & Mud in a rainwater collection tank

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Matiss
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Vase & Mud in a rainwater collection tank

by Matiss » 26/05/18, 07:59

Hello everyone;)

I have a rainwater recovery tank, installed during the construction of the house. This tank is buried, about 10 m3.
I like to grow my vegetables, so I buy a booster to pump the water from this tank and so water the garden, and the hedge freshly planted. But here is disaster yesterday, the flow of water, at the level of the watering gun dropped, and nothing to do. Unable to reboot, the problem does not come from the booster. I decided to look through the eyes of the tank and I think it is filled with mud and sludge visible on the strainer's hose. Everyone says you have to clean it, what I want to do, but stupid question, how do we get in? Can you clean this tank without getting into it?
I'm not very smart, but I do not think I missed a staircase that leads to a door buried at the tank .. It's by the look that must be spent to clean?

I specify that I do not know if the tank is concrete, plastic, if it is a false skeptical refitted, or a tank of retention ... I can put pictures if you need it, according to your returns .. .. Thank you to all the econologists who will help me :P

Matiss
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Vase & Mud in a rainwater collection tank

by Forhorse » 27/05/18, 00:51

I have a 2500-liter plastic tank buried in the garden, and when it needs to be cleaned, I enter it through the "manhole" by passing a ladder through it. So if I can do it in a 2500-liter tank, it must be possible in a 10000-liter tank ...
Show us anyway photos to give us an idea.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Vase & Mud in a rainwater collection tank

by chatelot16 » 27/05/18, 20:15

a well-made cistern should have a sufficient access hole to get in and clean it ... but there are poorly constructed cisterns without access so difficult to clean

One solution is to call on a pit emptying company: they have an energetic way of stirring and pumping even without being able to get in.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "