The garden of a lazy we occasionally.

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The lazy vegetable garden a we occasionally.

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/05/18, 23:18

green68 wrote:
nico239 wrote:
green68 wrote:Hello nico239.
From here, it is rather the snails that do the most damage :x

You take me out of the mouth except that they can at least eat them : Mrgreen:

Joke aside we have but frankly must be predators in the corner because it's not particularly embarrassing ... to date

To date, in the "top vegetable garden" none of my seedlings (spinach, carrots, beets, ...) has managed to survive :(

I do not despair for all that and above all perseveres a max :)

I admit that I sympathize ...

And anyway even among the pros is a recurring problem ...

Would it be a problem of general equilibrium of the environment ... of which you are not responsible elsewhere.

There is no agriculture in our valley, only livestock and that for decades.
The fields are only for the grass for the animals.

Is this a preserved environment and where the balance has been long since?
I do not know.

What I see is that there are still no ticks.
While we were infested in our country of vines: Traditionally treated by all the products we imagine.

Is it the lesser humidity we enjoy ... uh in general?

It's curious.
We do have some snails but no slugs.

Should we compare with a valley of the "north" fresh and wet that would be in the same case: ie without traditional agriculture any and for a long time?

Does this exist?

Would that mean that the number of slugs would be less for a reason X: their predators would not have been killed by agricultural chemistry?

Many questions I do not have the answers.

The only one I can give is that after 1 months and a half of rain almost daily we still do not have one.

Edit ... I think afterwards that I was wrong and you wanted to talk about snails ...
However that does not change anything that I could write about slugs ...

Snails I have never seen any, I said no in the outdoor garden full of straw.

There is some in the greenhouse, but it is not easy to access.

And let's say that there are normally in the grass and the undergrowth: on the raspberry side.

Why there is none in the outdoor garden?
I do not know?
Does straw hinder their progress too much?
I do not know
On the contrary, there are a lot of crickets, yes, spiders and ants, that's the bulk of the troops.

Plus a number of unidentified tricks-style small cockroaches (this looks like but I do not know if that's it)

That's basically the people of the straw
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/05/18, 23:29

olivier75 wrote:Good evening,

Following the potato germ test, small shoots shy, but regular.IMG_5486.JPG
planted the same day, the traditional plantation is getting ahead.IMG_5490.JPG

I raised a little my "straw plates" because I tag ...

Well under it grows but will it cross ???

I am a bit worried.

On the other hand in the part (planted earlier) or I covered with a thick layer of straw of normal texture all pierced without worries.
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 24/05/18, 00:07

nico239 wrote:I raised a little my "straw plates" because I tag ...
I am a bit worried.
On the other hand in the part (planted earlier) or I covered with a thick layer of straw of normal texture all pierced without worries.

Ditto for me, I hastened late some plots with bales soaked and compacted ...
Thanks to these well-known hay patches, I was able to eat delicious, well-bleached dandelions that failed to pierce it and only made a dent!
While planting the potatoes, I a little crumbled the hay at the place of the potatoes so that they pierce the hay more easily but the blackbirds tumble me all and move the plates! I have the same worry as you ...
I help a little potatoes by clearing the plates that hinder but not terrible to walk in the field ...
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 24/05/18, 00:11

Guibnd wrote:
nico239 wrote:I raised a little my "straw plates" because I tag ...
I am a bit worried.

Ditto for me, I hastened late some plots with bales soaked and compacted ...
Thanks to these well-known hay patches, I was able to eat delicious, well-bleached dandelions that failed to pierce it and only made a dent!
While planting the potatoes, I a little crumbled the hay at the place of the potatoes so that they pierce the hay more easily but the blackbirds tumble me all and move the plates! I have the same worry as you ...
I help a little potatoes by clearing the plates that hinder but not terrible to walk in the field ...

Idem Image

We stand at the juice
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 24/05/18, 20:54

Hi,

This year, the hay powders were planted after the display, in a hole made at the dibble, it seems to raise much more regularly, same for garlic, onions and shallots. I strongly recommend it, whereas my thicknesses of mulching are rather weak, env 10 / 15cm.
The PDTs that are seen under straw are actually under hay overgrown at the fork to protect from the frost at first and maintain a longer cover. it is initially for lack of hay but I like this double layer.

Olivier
1 x
Thouvenel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thouvenel » 24/05/18, 22:40

You spoke a little higher of a buckwheat-beet association, can you tell me more?
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 28/05/18, 19:13

Thouvenel
Sorry for the delay I did not see your question.
On the plots recovered this spring, the one with the outlines, I had no hay or straw. So it was started with green manure and seeds to start the culture, I take the hay as and cuts, today there are (a little) on the alleys and around the pumpkins .
Repeat the associations with buckwheat because it is already in bloom, it can be harvested before annoying, it takes up very little space and shade slightly the board. In the photo, taken on Saturday, the beets are the small plants with rounder leaves, I transplanted some salads in the gaps.
IMG_5535.JPG
Do not rely on the biomass produced for mulching! The advantage of the double culture (controlled ...) also makes it possible to "mark" the lines, in addition to the flowers, the biomass and the eventual harvest, I hope for the buckwheat to recover the seeds.
IMG_5531.JPG
Since yesterday the paths are finished and the pumpkins outside the hay lines.

Seedlings are not a success, apart phacelia and mustard, I think the last shot of the weeder of the owner in the fall is for something, against the path we can see the difference with the grass of the neighbors, he there was no mowing. The left plot has been plowed an 15aine days before, and the difference in grassing and clear ... the little green present is due to phacelia.
Olivier
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 28/05/18, 19:32

To stay on the subject of the moment, here is the harvest, in 1 quarter of an hour and on a 50aine of m2, of Sunday morning!
IMG_5548.JPG
This is the only 4 vegetable problematic, and also the one sacrificed last week for lack of feramol. In the small garden, also in traditional while waiting for the hay, I had sown white mustard everywhere and then planted or sown the rest as and when. A single nibbled pumpkin (the one in the photo, in the darkest corner and near the grass, no sprouts started,
IMG_5559.JPG
and yet there are people!
IMG_5525.JPG
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 29/05/18, 22:21

Hi,
A picture of the same rhubarb as 39 page, weeds calmed with mowing in late April, without taking the time to weed or even mow.
IMG_5545.JPG
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 29/05/18, 22:30

Try beans in garlic.
We read that beans do not like alliaceae, but never a beginning of explanation. I sowed it, this time digging a furrow wide and deep in the very little hay that remains, covered with earth and mixed hay without tamping, as at the top of the photo. At the harvest of garlic in a good month I will recharge hay, the seeds are pregerminated. To be continued.
IMG_5563.JPG
0 x