Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

by Leo Maximus » 24/05/18, 19:28

sen-no-sen wrote:This is not correct since the development of the automobile is in essence (sic!) The cause of accidents.

I didn't know my grandmother ( :) ) because she was killed at 25 by a horse-drawn carriage. Horse carriages were a real danger in the past, especially due to random braking. Hence the interest of Cornucopianism.

sen-no-sen wrote:Now the highway code is good but it is insufficient when there are 30 million motorists.

:?:
Not clear ... In GB we have about the same population and the same number of motorists as in France and the English roads have always claimed far fewer victims.
sen-no-sen wrote:Anyway, the scarcity of energies and the contraction of the economy in the future will decide for us and the solutions will impose themselves.

It is for this reason that the autonomous car will impose itself. It will roll slowly and it will be forbidden to overtake it. For me, driving is a waste of time, time that would be much better spent.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 24/05/18, 19:47

Leo Maximus wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:This is not correct since the development of the automobile is in essence (sic!) The cause of accidents.

I did not know my grandmother because she was killed at the age of 25 by a horse-drawn carriage. Horse carriages were a real danger in the past, especially due to braking.

I have a friend who died at 19 after being hit by a 38 ton ... the day of the burial the coffin was empty (I will not detail why.)
I think everyone has known in his entourage someone who has been the victim of such and such consequences of modernity.
The idea is therefore to find solutions which at best make it possible to reduce accidents as well as negative externalities of all kinds.
Therefore it is public transport which presents the best solution, a minimum of accident and a reduced ecological impact and local and sustainable employment.
The autonomous automobile will undoubtedly make it possible to decrease the number of killed, but it will in no way resolve the problems of pollution which causes many more deaths than the said accidents, by definition this is only possible inside of a stable economy.
The idea could be to create autonomous vehicles on demand (auto-taxi) to supplement the supply of transport during off-peak periods (at night for example), but this will necessarily be at the expense of human employment ...

Not clear ... In GB we have about the same population and the same number of motorists as in France and the English roads have always claimed far fewer victims.

Fewer victims but victims all the same ... it is for its reasons that the English have equipped their vehicles and their roads with the same technology as that found in France.
After it is well known that the French are not a model of intelligence behind the wheel ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/05/18, 20:16

As long as we are in the morbid: I have a friend who died at 25 by "natural" death hit by the asphalt ... understand a suicide by gravity. And another 2 years later by atmospheric pollution ... understand the automobile gas ... damn it!

All this to stay in the subject "dead road car" ...

And frankly the suicide of a friend (and even worse of a child ... I knew the parents well enough), I can tell you that it hurts well much much worse than an accident !! So 2 ... pffff ... shit!

Youth suicide is, it seems to me, the 1st cause of death just before road accidents ... or else it is the 2nd just after ... In short, it's huge! And there strangely, about the suicide of young people, decision-makers and politicians were much less outspoken ... Well, you want, strange, that and I who thought they wanted the good of their fellow citizens?

Are they ashamed? There is something because if they talk about it very little because everyone knows that a society where young people fling themselves is a society (of) sick (s)! The suicide of young people is a taboo subject! We could also talk about career or economic suicides but this is another debate ...

Otherwise the info of the day, wish it is good: https://www.lesechos.fr/economie-france ... 178362.php just saying... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Radar revenues jumped 10% in 2017, according to the Court of Auditors. The dynamism of the fines reflects the tightening decided at the end of 2015, faced with the upsurge in road mortality.

I predict a good + 25% after the implementation of the generalized 80 km / h ... In short, this drop to 80 km / h is increasingly feeling the tax measure at the expense of the social measure!

We will note the formula "The dynamism of fines" ... yes yes I confirm: this company is very sick !!
1 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 24/05/18, 20:41

Christophe wrote: And there strangely, about the suicide of young people, decision-makers and politicians were much less outspoken ... Well, you want, strange, that and I who thought they wanted the good of their fellow citizens?

Yes, but there is no technological (and therefore profitable) means to stop the suicide of young people, so that is not a priority ...
The leading cause of death in France is cancer followed by cardiovascular disease, but in view of all the shit sold in stores * we can say, again, that money comes before health, and then that sell lots of medoc, so it's good for growth! 8)

* It is quite deplorable to note that all the devices consuming energy (from the vacuum cleaner to the automobile and even the apartments) are endowed with an energy performance labeling (from A to G), whereas strangely the nutri score appears almost nowhere on the packaging of products intended to end up in our stomachs! Indeed, European regulations (including Brussels lobbies) made it optional to affix this information! : Lol:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/05/18, 21:39

Sen-no-sen has well defined the term "cornucopian"; I come back to its etymology, because this word can appear to many rather obscure: in reality, it quite simply takes its origin from the famous myth of the cornucopia. 8) So, a cornucopian is persuaded of the long-term resolution of all problems and of universal prosperity thanks to technological magic (this is where there is a slight divergence from the original meaning, though ... : roll: ).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 24/05/18, 23:08

It will be interesting to see if the simulators include a slightly longer travel time or not after the day of entry into force

You will have to monitor ViaMichelin for example

Will employers accept seeing employees' travel times lengthen a little during the first expense reports?

Recoverable time or working time according to the agreements of each company
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/05/18, 23:13

sen-no-sen wrote:Yes, but there is no technological (and therefore profitable) means to stop the suicide of young people, so that is not a priority ...

Not profitable to preserve the lives of young people ?? Are you serious??? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

What do you mean by technological means ???

sen-no-sen wrote:The leading cause of death in France is cancer followed by cardiovascular disease, but in view of all the shit sold in stores * we can say, again, that money comes before health, and then that sell lots of medoc, so it's good for growth! 8)

It is certainly not cancer on the age group of young people aged 15 to 24.

Suicide is the second cause of death (after road accidents) and it affects..2% of deaths !! It's a lot...
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/sante/malad ... 95716.html

sen-no-sen wrote:European regulations (including Brussels lobbies) have made it possible to affix this information! : Lol:

Ah? The lobbies have won again :(

I had mentioned it quickly here: Health-pollution-prevention / supply-and-junk-hungry-and-malnutrition-disease-t10399-220.html # p334793
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/05/18, 23:18

nico239 wrote:It will be interesting to see if the simulators include a slightly longer travel time or not after the day of entry into force

You will have to monitor ViaMichelin for example

Of course it will be! On the other hand the old GPS which no longer have an update will all be ahead!

nico239 wrote:Will employers accept seeing employees' travel times lengthen a little during the first expense reports?

Recoverable time or working time according to the agreements of each company

Uh I believe that the mileage expense is not hourly (or it has become ???) ... but kilometric (hence its name) so logically nothing changes (but a correction with a correction coefficient should be applied ..) ... I haven't been much used in my life! : Cheesy:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 24/05/18, 23:29

Christophe wrote:Uh I believe that the mileage expense is not hourly (or it has become ???) ... but kilometric (hence its name) so logically nothing changes (but a correction with a correction coefficient should be applied ..) ... I haven't been much used in my life! : Cheesy:

Yes of course the IK remains the IK based on the NUMBER of km

MAIS

In some companies travel time is INCLUSIVE in working time.

Example: you go to a meeting at 90km (or you're just going to work)
You are doing well 90km
Before you put 1h
Now you will put 1h07
Let 15mn further go back.
If you do this 4 times a week it is 1h to recover multiplied by 45 weeks (work per year to the ladle) it is 45h what makes you 5.6 days to recover is an extra week of leave per year for a decline of 10km / h

And your employer is delighted Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/05/18, 23:42

Of course and your reasoning reaches my point d) here: new-transport / analysis-economic-on-90-passing-km-ha-80-km-h-en-France-t15672.html # p339261

d) By rolling to 80 instead of 90, the average worker will therefore go 11 655 / 80 = 145,7h instead of 11 655 / 90 = 129,5h, the difference, 16,2h is 2 working days lost per year in his car for every French worker!

This measure is a economic scam that will plague France a little more... she did not need that in the current context!
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."