Fight effectively against slugs!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Slug

by Did67 » 24/05/18, 15:13

Bingo, you have the chance !!!

Orvets are big consumers of slugs!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/05/18, 18:20

Julienmos wrote:Tiny loaches are everywhere and doing damage too!
Yes, radishes nibbled even underground by tiny black slugs, but hey it's not embarrassing, no matter how, we wash them before eating them.
Arion hortensis, I think http://www.supagro.fr/ress-pepites/proc ... Noire.html
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/05/18, 18:22

At home, this year, I struggle. Despite hedges, despite a hut, the hedgehog seems to have abandoned me.

At the beginning of the vegetable garden, 7 or 8 years ago, I used a rotofil orvet. Unintentionally, of course. I had just "shriveled up" a sort of hedge that had formed between my plot and that of the neighbor, on a fence which had collapsed ... Too bad, too bad, too bad ...

I continue to bait with milkweeds or "old lettuce" ... As we keep having thunderstorms (my tanks are full again), I was able to take pictures in broad daylight!

General view: above, a foot of zucchini attacked; at the bottom, a lettuce on the way to rot with a slug on it:

DSC_0204.JPG

The slug in detail:

DSC_0203.JPG

The general "device": plants to be preserved and lettuce or dairy "waste" nearby:

DSC_0205.JPG

And the famous laiteron particularly attractive for orange slugs:

DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0249.JPG

And the slug "model" in question (on the chopping block):

DSC_0224.JPG
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/05/18, 18:24

izentrop wrote:Yes, radishes nibbled even underground by tiny black slugs, but hey it's not embarrassing, no matter how, we wash them before eating them.
Arion hortensis, I think http://www.supagro.fr/ress-pepites/proc ... Noire.html

Yes, it's one of his specialties, underground attacks!
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 25/05/18, 13:58

I'm thinking of something, because it works for me even when I sleep these stories of slugs that eat everything!

that night in my sleep, I had a dream, not anything erotic ... whatever ... it's a little phallic slugs anyway : Wink:

I was pursued by a flock of slugs who rebelled against me, I ran with my pickle pliers in hand and in front of me the fairy melusine appeared and threw a blue powder on the slugs that evaporated in a blue cloud , it was wonderful :P
(I hope it was not the metaldehyde fairy, I always confuse them, but sometimes I'm tempted!)

so I thought about something ... why not burn them or heat them with my old thermal weed killer? pass the flame quickly on slugs and wet hay after a rain for example, avoiding too close to the plants of course where there, manual collection is preferable :D
would wet hay catch fire, passing the torch quickly of course? I want to test tonight ...
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 25/05/18, 16:40

Did67 wrote:The general "device": plants to be preserved and lettuce or dairy "waste" nearby:

Yes that sounds like a good idea. However, with the risk of attracting slugs that were not near your plants because they seem to be guided with an olfactory system and can move several meters per day all the same. It is for this reason that I stopped using the slug traps even though it "worked" well. But if you're restocking and watching all the time it must work.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/05/18, 17:23

Yes ... But at some point, anything within the "scent's radius" (beer or rotting lettuce) should be "cleaned up" ...

The ideal, of course, being to combine this with a "sanitary corridor": a belt around the vegetable garden where runner ducks or chickens circulate ...
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 26/05/18, 09:35

Small result on yesterday's pickup after a good rain. An 20ain in the morning, and 140 in the evening of which 1 cagouille (A snail). A high score that I would have done well : Evil:
Small passage this morning, a dozen slugs, and 5 cagouilles, the latter would not it be taking the vacant places : Twisted:
Denis
In fact the cagoys are endangered at home, I am rather satisfied to see them again, and in addition to butter go is excellent : Wink:
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 26/05/18, 14:28

Hello, after the slugs another threat begins to appear in our gardens

0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/05/18, 09:06

The main risk is with the flow of plants! Purchases, exchanges ....

For the moment, even if there are a hundred reports, we can neglect.

After that, there are two things: either the beast acclimates well, etc., and it can invade very quickly. And without enemies, very quickly become a problem. Like the Colorado beetle of old, the Asian ladybug more recently, or Suzuki's Drosophila (red fruits that "flow") even more recently ...

Or it does not acclimatize well and can also regress ... Its toxicity or its astonishing scissiparity ("cutting" to reproduce) does not in any way presume its ability to occupy an ecological niche in our country ...

Note that two or three years ago, we had already talked about a parasitic worm that attacked our earthworms, but it did not seem to me that it was the same ????? Shouldn't we first check if this is not "fake news" ???? [not that it exists, somewhere in a region, or in a "lab" with us; but let it spread]
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"