The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by chatelot16 » 19/05/18, 20:36

it will make me laugh if it were not so sad!

Did67 we know him since the time he wrote on econology and we know what it's worth! we do not ask him for a diploma! ... and yet he certainly has enough diploma ... but his quality is not his diplomas ... it is that when he explains something his explanation stands up without the need for a diploma!

Did67 continues like this! and those who denigrate you go fuck themselves
2 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 19/05/18, 23:26

We have passed the age of justifying ourselves! ...
I find it pathetic the troll!
It could not be a desperate breeder. Who would worry about the rising price of hay in response to the success of your book?
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/05/18, 01:37

Did67 wrote:
nico239 wrote:... all good ideas could only come from graduates (of which I am a part) is an absurdity.

Come on. Not to forget it, I put here one of the many versions of the joke of the enarque and the shepherd ["enarque" which can easily be replaced by "graduate"]

A shepherd was grazing his flock in the depths of the countryside when, from a cloud of dust, a shiny Range Rover came in his direction.

The driver, a young man in an Armani suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban smoked glasses and Hermes tie, leans out the window and asks the shepherd:
- If I can tell you exactly how many sheep there are in your flock, will you give me one?

The shepherd looks at the young man, then his flock peacefully grazing and simply replies:
- Certainly.

The man parks his car, opens his laptop, branch to his cell phone, surfs the Internet to the NASA page, communicates with a satellite navigation system, scans the area, opens a database and some thirty Excel files with complex formulas; finally, he releases a detailed report of about ten pages of his miniaturized printer and addresses the shepherd saying:
- You have exactly 1 586 sheep in your flock.
"That's right," said the shepherd. And as we agreed, take one.

He watches the young man make his choice and send his catch to the back of his vehicle, then he adds:
- If I guess exactly what you do as a job, do you meet my sheep?
- Why not ? replied the other.
- You are enarque and you do audits, says the shepherd.
- You're absolutely right, how did you guess?
- It's easy. You come here when no one has asked you, you want to get paid for answering a question that I know the answer to, and obviously you do not know anything about my job. Now, give me back my dog!

[edit / Did67 / adding a quote tag]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/05/18, 22:28

The trolls are trolling ...

The ranking tonight again, is without appeal. The book is very well installed as a bestseller in the gardening category, stably now. The last comments are very very positive. Tonight, conference in the north of Alsace: full room, people followed from the courtyard, in single file, looking through a door! I have to do a catch-up session in a fortnight for those who could not see anything !!!

I really do not think there is a fool to doubt my skills! May he be a happy fool !!!

Screen Shot 05-21-18 at 10.25 PM Amazon.PNG ranking
Screen Shot 05-21-18 at 10.25 PM Amazon.PNG Ranking (65.4 KIO) Accessed 2166 times
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/05/18, 23:24

Do you have feedback from what people are holding back from your lectures (the ideas force) and what holds most their attention?

Or letters from readers?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/05/18, 16:06

Ah, I forgot to put this post, four days ago, our dear slayer pseudo-agronomists:

Screen Shot 05-22-18 at 04.04 PM Dustin.PNG
Screen Shot 05-22-18 at 04.04 PM Dustin.PNG (52.98 KIO) Viewed 2126 times

He does not ask himself for a second the question of why one would take the trouble to answer his nonsense! What would be an importance to him that he has not at all ...
1 x
fl78960
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fl78960 » 22/05/18, 18:10

I must confess, being a natural rather impatient, I never had the patience to follow the videos of Didier beyond the first minute, even if my interneto-gardener-gardening researches led me regularly on this path.

One day, lost in my favorite bookstore, I come across the book (which I did not even suspect existed), no doubt about the author, but I still check that we talk about the same, the beginning of reading confirms me that it was exactly what I was looking for: a fairly complete summary, and especially very well structured, on the soil life ... bought and very quickly read, a treat!

The reading of the book forced me a bit, and I watched (to the end!) A lot of your video: once inside the mold, we get used to the rhythm, and we appreciate his just value the extension exercise.

I have not given in to "fashion" and have not (yet) bought a single bit of straw. But in light of the readings of the book and discussions on the forum, I continue my little lazy experiences, correcting as and when the conduct of my (little) kitchen garden.

In short, in two words: Thank you Didier!
2 x
fl78960
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fl78960 » 22/05/18, 18:59

fl78960 wrote:
I did not buy a single blade of straw.

Hay! You must obviously read "hay" :-)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/05/18, 19:49

fl78960 wrote:I must confess, being a natural rather impatient, I never had the patience to follow the videos of Didier beyond the first minute, even if my interneto-gardener-gardening researches led me regularly on this path.

Humor mode on:

"Ah, here are the guys who are dropping my average viewing time !!!"
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/05/18, 19:55

fl78960 wrote:
One day, lost in my favorite bookstore, I come across the book (which I did not even suspect existed), no doubt about the author, but I still check that we talk about the same, the beginning of reading confirms me that it was exactly what I was looking for: a fairly complete summary, and especially very well structured, on the soil life ... bought and very quickly read, a treat!

It's a good bookstore so if they exposed it!

This is all the difference between an improvised video (I refuse any form of prior "writing" of what I am going to say - it is very rare for a sequence to be shot again, usually following a big sputtering. or a memory gap) and a book, built, taken again, modified ... Until the end, I cut, removed, moved, to achieve something that wanted to both tell a little about my history (because my vegetable garden is a part of me) and to support the idea that tillage is harmful. Starting from a constraint, I discovered that it was much better not to make unnecessary efforts. And then finally, not knowing if there would be a book 2, I hung up a practice part so people could try it right away.
1 x