Tomorrow all the unemployed?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tomorrow, all unemployed?

by Janic » 20/05/18, 21:03

A new and sad example of monopolization phenomenon.
The giant Carrefour launched an offensive on the superettes of proximities by aiming the hegemony, but to too much want to win one ends up losing ...
The societies change and the higher you go up and the harder the fall. The Internet has changed the game, and consumers who have been attracted by low prices, lower prices, even lower prices, are now turning to others even lower and without getting tired of moving, supermarkets will eventually become simple gas stations at the lowest price yet. They are crazy these humans!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/05/18, 11:07

A single pilot in the Airbus and the Boeing, it is for soon according to Thales
For Patrice Caine, CEO of Thales, the transition from two pilots to one in the cockpits could become a reality in a few years. Large aircraft manufacturers expect it between 2020 and 2023.
Is the reduction in the number of pilots in the cockpits coming soon? Yes, for Patrice Caine, CEO of Thales, who spoke about the work on the "Single Pilot Operation (SPO) revolution", the transition from two pilots in the cockpit to one.

Today, two-way driving has been the standard for all short and medium-haul aircraft for decades. This is not the case on long-haul aircraft that fly two, three or even four, depending on the duration of flights but also the practices of some airlines (in the North Atlantic, Air France has two pilots when American companies have three).
"The major aircraft manufacturers are talking about a 2020-2023 horizon"

The transition to a pilot could be done in the relatively near future for Patrice Caine, who specifies that "the technologies are mature" and that Thales - which designs many equipment for cockpit avionics, would be able to respond to calls for 'offers by the end of the year if an aircraft manufacturer so decides.

"It will take a few years, but not 10 years. When you listen to big aircraft manufacturers, they talk about a horizon 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. It depends on what they put behind this reality. For the level of SPO they are aiming for that horizon, I have no doubt that we will get there. But moving to certifiable artificial intelligence is probably in the longer term, "he told the association of professional journalists on Friday.

https://www.societe.com/actualites/un_seul_pilote_dans_les_airbus_et_les_boeing_c_est_pour_bientot_selon_thales-27302.html

An example that once again confirms this tendency of automation to destroy jobs with a high level of qualification.
In reality it is rather the small jobs that are immune, especially because of the unprofitability to automate (cleaning, assistance to the person etc ..)
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/05/18, 13:08

it seems to me very ridiculous

if the driver of a tgv is failing the tgv stops but does not fall ... it remains down to the ground and it disrupts the whole network but it does not make any accident

if an airplane pilot turns his eye, what do we do? the plane continues to follow its course under autopilot until dry failure and fall?

the only economy that seems possible to me would be that the co-pilot could do another stain on board as air hostess as long as everything is fine, but can resume its pilot function at the slightest problem

how many times there have been major damage in aircraft and 2 good drivers are not too much to find the solution

saw the price of air transport megot to pay a pilot less seems doubtful
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/05/18, 13:21

The first idea is to reduce the number of pilots, but eventually there will be no pilot on the plane and it is under study ...
For several years now, the future of aviation has been at the heart of many conversations: unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), drone-taxis and other passenger drones are regularly mentioned in the media. A recent study found that the pilots of Airbus and Boeing were flying the aircraft only 6 minutes per flight. In other words, the pilots actually control their aircraft just 3% of the time.

http://www.aircharter.fr/a-propos/news-features/blog/le-futur-de-l-aviation-et-des-avions-sans-pilote
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/05/18, 13:33

of course when everything is fine, the plane could be fully automated ... but how many flights have anomalies or the action of the pilot is essential? or no automatic system would find the solution?

for me to reduce the number of drivers is to fuck the passenger's jaws

if I was rich enough to travel by plane would require that there be 2 pilots on board!

I think that's the solution! the customers must have requirements
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/05/18, 13:38

chatelot16 wrote:the customers must have requirements

The main requirements of customers is to be able to fly cheap and the automation goes quite in that direction.
1 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/05/18, 18:24

you have to know what you want ... when I want the cheapest electronic equipment I buy chinese by amazon or aliexpress ... I have the low price and I do not complain when it falls into breakdown in less than a year ... if I fly I do not want to do the same kind of economy!

I know a little certain person in the aviation and if there is economy to do it is not by dismissing the co-pilot, it would be rather with wages a little more reasonable pilot, avoiding the prohibitive cost of training pilots, which makes the pilot rare, and so you have to pay them dearly because what is rare and expensive

whatever the progress in automation there is a multitude of people who work on the ground to maintain the aircraft and spend more time in total than the pilot ... automation will not reduce maintenance time and risk even to increase it, because the more complicated it is, the more complicated it is to maintain and repair

so it seems to me more useful to keep the co-pilot than to put additional personnel on the ground to maintain the bazaar that allows you to do without a co-pilot ... and this additional personnel on the ground will be useless when there is a problem in flight
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/05/18, 20:36

chatelot16 wrote:you have to know what you want ... when I want the cheapest electronic equipment I buy chinese by amazon or aliexpress ... I have the low price and I do not complain when it falls into breakdown in less than a year ... if I fly I do not want to do the same kind of economy!

Reassure you on this point, automation is not synonymous with a decline in security, on the contrary.
A very large number of metro in the world are now automated without this being any negative impact in terms of accident, it is even the opposite ...

whatever the progress in automation there is a multitude of people who work on the ground to maintain the aircraft and spend more time in total than the pilot ... automation will not reduce maintenance time and risk even to increase it, because the more complicated it is, the more complicated it is to maintain and repair

This sector can also be automated ... : roll:

The problem is not here that of quality or security, but rather of a philosophical order.
Or can we lead an automated world?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/05/18, 20:52

there is a big difference between a metro and an airplane!

when there is a problem in an automatic metro just stop it, and the rescue service we have all their time to come solve the problem

when there is an unexpected event on an airplane there is no way to stop the plane and wait for help ... you have to fly the plane, otherwise it falls! and for that I trust more real pilots than automatism!

if every time automatisms had failed I had an accident I would 100 times dead!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/05/18, 21:24

chatelot16 wrote:there is a big difference between a metro and an airplane!

when there is a problem in an automatic metro just stop it, and the rescue service we have all their time to come solve the problem

when there is an unexpected event on an airplane there is no way to stop the plane and wait for help ... you have to fly the plane, otherwise it falls! and for that I trust more real pilots than automatism!

if every time automatisms had failed I had an accident I would 100 times dead!

To tell the truth, it is easier to fly an unmanned airplane than to roll a train.
Automation projects in the aerospace sector are more mature than those concerning the railway world.
There are already uber type automatic vehicles, and it's much more complicated than flying an aircraft!
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"