Beast idea: thermally isolate the exhaust?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Beast idea: thermally isolate the exhaust?

by paotop » 30/01/06, 14:42

heuuu ....... I just had a flash ... : Cheesy: : Idea:

since maximum heat is required for the reactor in the exhaust, would it not be possible to thermally isolate the exhaust manifold a little after the reactor to limit the heat loss all along the pot (various silent, etc.)
like ... a non-heat conducting sleeve to isolate the equipped part of the reactor from the rest of the exhaust.

: Arrow: large diesels (tractor, group, machines) on which a "G" system is very efficient are often equipped with very short exhausts ........ therefore the heat is more concentrated ..... no ?

maybe it's very stupid what I say but there's a track : Cheesy:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 30/01/06, 18:41

Hello,
Most of the assemblies, particularly turbo diesels
we thermally isolate the reactor, the exhaust pipe, as well
that the inlet and outlet ducts of the bubbler, on a car or it does not have enough heat is a necessity

Andre
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 30/01/06, 20:24

Regarding the title, I don't think there is any 'stupid' idea. Any remark is good to ask in order to advance the schmilblic : Cheesy:
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 30/01/06, 23:59

Me the stupid question that I ask myself is to know if it is really an advantage to make swallow the vapor output reactor at more than 200 °?
I haven't been able to get a thermometer yet but the copper outlet of the reactor has turned slightly blue and the Special hte T ° hose, which comes just after, starts to smoke when I force the mill! ..
It must be said that I have only 26 cm from the intake reactor and the reactor is double hull.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 03/02/06, 13:38

Question to lau
have you seen the thermocouple thermometer on Selectronic?
For the heat at the reactor outlet it decreases when you inject water. Your engine may require more water when your engine forces.
I have not tested in the mountains. I have to do a test this weekend in a long hill to observe. I believe André said that he could inject more water when his engine was loaded with a trailer loaded with soil. This is so that the temperature at the reactor outlet does not exceed 200 ° C. Beyond this temperature it does nothing. According to him it is necessary to stay between 120 and 180 ° C.
I noticed that below 120 ° C if there is too much water the reactor stall violently and it drowns. I have noticed that when very little water is injected, the reactor outlet does not exceed 200 ° C and it almost never goes below 120 ° C.
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 03/02/06, 23:22

yes thanks for the pit links!
There is a thermocouple of 1m is short !! it goes up to 50 ° and I would have liked up to 200 ° and then the probe will be problematic to install ... I would rather have a dial or magnet dial thermometer attached to the same tube or even a portable thermometer which allows me to control instantly.
If you test your pantone in dimension, do it in a real collar with slopes at 10% and you go up like a callus to put the full face and there you will approach the heat limits at the reactor outlet!
I put your post in a file to have it as a reference for my next tests, for that I will have to put a thermometer under the hood.
For my water consumption I am still at 1,4 l / 100km for the hose of 12/14 with the air inlet valve open fully.
You say that beyond 200 ° it does not bring anything, so it is not worth isolating the reactor / venturi connection.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 14/10/06, 10:26

I found this on ebay UK. it is a thermal insulation for exhaust ..... if there's someone interested, they can send to France.

the address: http: //cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem & item = 110043338211 & fromMakeTrack = true

the description of the product:

A MUST HAVE PRODUCT FOR TURBO & NON-TURBO BIKES, BOATS, CARS, KIT-CARS, LIMOUSINES, TRACTORS & TRUCKS. CAN BE FITTED TO DOWNPIPES, TUBULAR / STAINLESS STEEL MANIFOLDS & CENTER SECTIONS TOO.

1. Originally developed for the thermal insulation of gas turbine jet pipes.

2. This exhaust wrap material has played a vital role in the European aerospace industries since the 1960's.

3. It is widely employed in nuclear reactor applications.

4. It is made out of inorganic fibers and woven into a very flexible cloth.

5. Is capable of operating continuously at 1000 ° C and up to 1600 ° C for limited periods.

6. It will not melt or vaporize until the temperatures exceed 1700 ° C.

7. It has a very high resistance to thermal shock.

8. It provides flexible electrical insulation at temperatures as high as 1000 ° C.

9. Is a good electrical insulator, with high electric strength and low electrical conductivity.

10. What more can I say? Looks great in your engine bay!

INSTRUCTIONS

The exhaust heat wrap contains many fibers which can irritate skin! Gloves should be worn whilst handling!

The fitting of this product can be made much easier by removing the exhaust from the vehicle.

Once a stainless steel tie has been closed, they can be quite difficult to open. It can be done with a very fine pin, by pushing the small ball backwards.

The exhaust heat wrap can be cut with sharp scissors.

The cut end can be tidied up with a lighter or gas torch.

· Overlap each turn by about half an inch.

Once you have wrapped your chosen section of exhaust, place a stainless steel tie around the end where you have finished wrapping. Pull it tight and trim the remainder of the tie off with sharp scissors or side cutters. Tie both ends if needed.

It is perfectly normal for the exhaust heat wrap to emit a smell for approximately 10 miles!

Jubilee clips can be used as an alternative to stainless steel ties.

Stainless Steel Tie Specifications:

360mm x 4.6mm
Stainless steel ties follows most general purpose applications and withstand most environmental conditions.
Stainless steel is highly resistant to corrosion, and is widely used in marine environments where chemicals, salts, acids, and temperature extremes may affect the bundling application
Low profile, self-locking, ball bearing head mechanism with fully adjustable strap provides quick and easy installation.
Fully enclosed head does not allow dirt or grit to interfere with locking mechanism.
High tensile strength adds strength and safety on heavy duty applications.
Smooth rounded edges ensure safe, efficient handling.
Temperature Range -112 ° F (-80 ° C) to 1000 ° F (538 ° C)
Usefull in extreme temperature environments.
Flame retardant and non-toxic.

if it helps ... : Mrgreen:
0 x